PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

Log in

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2


SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Share
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  john5153 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Vikings playoff hopes have all been but dashed as they lose to the Green Bay Packers 38-24. Not as close as the scored indicated, Vikings could not muster any offense and didnt get a 3rd down conversion until the second half. Mcnabb was pulled in the 3rd qtr for Christian Ponder. Ponder ended the game 13-16 for 175 yards and 1 td. Adrian Peterson had his worst performance of the year, getting just 52 yards on 14 carries. Harvin, who only had 1 catch, did have a kickoff return to try and keep the Vikings in it.. but packers never go below 14 point lead. gg dan



After the game, Im Stupid was asked about the coach change:

reporter: What was the last straw that made you pull Mcnabb?

I. Stupid: Wasnt a last straw per- say, but I just didnt like the body language going on out there. Mcnabb missed on a few throws, and it seemed to really get the team down.

reporter: Is this move permanent? will Mcnabb be the starter next week? Dont you think it would be a good time to see what Christian Ponder could do?

I. Stupid: I will make the best decision, not a heat -of-the-moment decision... we wil review the film.. go from there....

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Cowboys win 35-17....oh wait, FUCKING D/C to start 4th qtr after Murray gets a 50yd run!! So let's start over Sad

Round 2.1 of Eagles @ Cowboys.....well **** me, down 0-24 in 2nd qtr Sad

BUT OH WAIT....Cowboys storm back and outscore the Eagles 45-7 to win 45-31 cheers


and now the Cowboys are in 2nd place.....WWWWOOOOOOOO!! 1st place and division title are mine, always has been and always will be!! see you in dallas bu11...

avatar
zeemen

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 40
Location : NH

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  zeemen on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:37 pm

thats a great post Tony....battle in the East is on!
avatar
Bu11ze1

Posts : 416
Join date : 2009-12-01

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  Bu11ze1 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:48 pm

zeemen wrote:thats a great post Tony....battle in the East is on!

would be a nice post, if he hadn't choked. I've already clinched the division.
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  john5153 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Vikings start off the season on the wrong foot with s 35-20 loss to the Seahawks. Adrian Peterson had 2 fumbles, both in Seattle Territory, which seemed to deflate the Vikings. Deangelo Williams rushed for over 130 yards as the Viking's linebackers failed to consistently make plays. Jared Allen added a sack, but was quiet for much of the game.. gg lucky
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  john5153 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 am

Vikings fall to 0-2 as they cant keep up with the high -octane offense of the Lions 38-17. Ponder threw 3 ints and Stafford threw for 3 tds. Adrian Peterson once again a pedestrian day (19 carries for 72 yards) has he couldnt find a seem and was routine found for 1 or 2 yard gains. Calvin Johnson and Mike Wallace once again proved too much of an combo as they tallied over 300 yards themselves recieving. gg Z
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  ViperX24 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 am

john5153 wrote:Vikings fall to 0-2 as they cant keep up with the high -octane offense of the Lions 38-17. Ponder threw 3 ints and Stafford threw for 3 tds. Adrian Peterson once again a pedestrian day (19 carries for 72 yards) has he couldnt find a seem and was routine found for 1 or 2 yard gains. Calvin Johnson and Mike Wallace once again proved too much of an combo as they tallied over 300 yards themselves recieving. gg Z


Hmmmmmm.....Nice WR combo!


__________________________________________________________________________________________________



"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."


avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  john5153 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:17 am

Vikings get their first win of the season against the falcons 44-14. Christian Ponder had his best game of his career (even tho he only threw 11 times) with 3 tds and 0 ints. Adrian Peterson broke his mini- slump by going for 179 yards on the ground.gg meek
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  john5153 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Vikings could not stay up with the high-powered offense of the chiefs, as they get blown out 45-24. Ponder threw 3 ints as Jason Campbell was sensational with 4 td passes. Adrian Peterson tried to keep the vikings in it, with over 170 yards on the ground, but it wasnt enough. gg dg
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  john5153 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Vikings get dismantled by the Lions in a game that got out of hand by mid-first qtr. Ponder threw 3 ints while Webb added another in relief. Peterson did add 89 yards, but all in garbage time. Jahvid Best ran all around theVikings d, mainly the front 7, which allowed Stafford to only throw 8 passes. GG Zeeman

Coach Stupid said there will be wholesale changes come next week. "Cant have that type of performance and expect to start next week... period. Divisonal game and we came out like we didnt want to be there."

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:34 am

No one writes in here anymore.. but since going 0-2, the Cardinals are on a 5 game winning streak after defeating the eagles. GG NC.
avatar
RASHOwneD

Posts : 302
Join date : 2009-12-13
Location : Chicago City

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  RASHOwneD on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:48 am

Fallen, your right, it looked dead as **** in here, I'll participate and maybe we can make it a MXL % MXL2 smackboard.

Redskins defeats Jets for their first win of the season.It was reported from sources, that the Jets ownership texted the Redskins ownership in the second quarter to ask, "... moving players manually on kickoff returns?"

Redskins ownership responded, "There is nothing wrong with it."

Good games were exchanged at the final and both teams will move on to make runs at the playoffs.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:20 pm

The packers are 0-3 when the game transpires in real world daylight. Management has decided to limit all games to night time if possible.

Johnny Knox is also greatly missed, being absent from 2 1/2 of these losses with a broken hand. Hopefully his vertical threat can return soon. on the other hand, Jordy Nelson woke up last week and Randall Cobb woke up this week to provide stellar player performances, too bad Randall's did not translate to a win. Matt Forte still has a comfortable lead as the leader in rushing TDs with 14. Word is, the goal is to erase Run DMC's "questionable" record.
avatar
optimus_prime_2

Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-12-07

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  optimus_prime_2 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:29 pm

dantheman4248 wrote:The packers are 0-3 when the game transpires in real world daylight. Management has decided to limit all games to night time if possible.

Johnny Knox is also greatly missed, being absent from 2 1/2 of these losses with a broken hand. Hopefully his vertical threat can return soon. on the other hand, Jordy Nelson woke up last week and Randall Cobb woke up this week to provide stellar player performances, too bad Randall's did not translate to a win. Matt Forte still has a comfortable lead as the leader in rushing TDs with 14. Word is, the goal is to erase Run DMC's "questionable" record.

lol good luck with that
avatar
daboss_14

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-09-09

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  daboss_14 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Jets loose a laugher against the Giants. The offense imploaded with rookie quarterback Ralph Hill accounting for numerous turnovers. Many experts around the league have questioned whether Hill was a starting quarterback in this league. Former NFL QB and current ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski shared his thoughts on Hill. "Sure he has the arm strength to be a productive player in this league but its not the physical attributes he lacks but its the mental aspect. He does not anticipate throws well and often seems to panic in the pocket. In my opinion the jets have to start looking elsewhere for a qb." Rex Ryan at his post game conference was quoted saying, " Ralph is our guy. Hes just going through some struggles but I can see the potential in him. He will be a star in his league and lead us to the promiseland."
Any way you look at it, this is going to be an interesting next couple weeks for the Jets.
avatar
nexus

Posts : 17
Join date : 2012-08-24

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  nexus on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Dolphins move to the top of the AFC east with a win over division foe the bills.

The dolphins show no sign of slowing down with injured stars rb r.bush and fs c.clemons

coach nexus had this to say after the win, "It was a good all around effort. The WRs made grabs and the defense made stops. Feels nice to be 1st in the AFCeast with a different team."

:mia:
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:59 pm

Steelers take 1st loss of the season to the Titans in a blown game they had wrapped up, but made stupid decisions. The Titans came to play that night! GG


__________________________________________________________________________________________________



"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."



Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Packers win in the daylight.

10 ints from bronco's qb leads easy path to victory and beyond.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:11 pm

The Jaguar won't look back after winning its six straight games given them a one game lead in the AFC South by defeating the Ravens 21-42 as rookies Sensation Lucious Dufree not only becomes the first RB to hit the 1,000 yard mark for the season but also the first rookie in NFL history to reach a 1,000 yard in only 8 games.

Reporter: Dufree had this to say about the accomplishment, "Not bad for a 3 RP with bad knees(lol) but all I care about is winning and helping my team the best way I know how running the rock." :jag:

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 am

bbw6506 wrote:The Jaguar won't look back after winning its six straight games given them a one game lead in the AFC South by defeating the Ravens 21-42 as rookies Sensation Lucious Dufree not only becomes the first RB to hit the 1,000 yard mark for the season but also the first rookie in NFL history to reach a 1,000 yard in only 8 games.

Reporter: Dufree had this to say about the accomplishment, "Not bad for a 3 RP with bad knees(lol) but all I care about is winning and helping my team the best way I know how running the rock." :jag:


I can almost guarantee Bu11 is pretty pissed about you winning those 6 games.. Razz
avatar
Bu11ze1

Posts : 416
Join date : 2009-12-01

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  Bu11ze1 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:28 am

Fallen2244 wrote:
bbw6506 wrote:The Jaguar won't look back after winning its six straight games given them a one game lead in the AFC South by defeating the Ravens 21-42 as rookies Sensation Lucious Dufree not only becomes the first RB to hit the 1,000 yard mark for the season but also the first rookie in NFL history to reach a 1,000 yard in only 8 games.

Reporter: Dufree had this to say about the accomplishment, "Not bad for a 3 RP with bad knees(lol) but all I care about is winning and helping my team the best way I know how running the rock." :jag:


I can almost guarantee Bu11 is pretty pissed about you winning those 6 games.. Razz


ya, I'm furious Rolling Eyes
avatar
optimus_prime_2

Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-12-07

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  optimus_prime_2 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 am

What's the penalty for tanking???? Player suspension loss if draft picks
avatar
Minicola

Posts : 387
Join date : 2010-07-13

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  Minicola on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:16 am

optimus_prime_2 wrote:What's the penalty for tanking???? Player suspension loss if draft picks

He has to play you every week
avatar
optimus_prime_2

Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-12-07

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  optimus_prime_2 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:20 am

Minicola wrote:
optimus_prime_2 wrote:What's the penalty for tanking???? Player suspension loss if draft picks

He has to play you every week
that would be worst punishment he could get going 0-16 would be no fun
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 am

The rookie sensation did not have a welcome homecoming after reaching 1,000yds. The stingy Texans D held him to 28yds on 10 carries while Watt stood up after many stops wagging his finger towards the Jaguar tm. Texans D has been ferocious and not very accommodating to opposing HB's. Watt was quoted as saying,"Especially rookies... " With a grin.

Sponsored content

Re: SMACKBOARD..... AGAIN

Post  Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:25 am