PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD!

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:44 am

falcons win 49-7 i have up a dumb run where k.smith broke a zillion tackles up the middle other then that i controlled the game.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:32 am

Yes Browns that was a hell of a game, and very "unlucky" that the RB catches the ball in that situation...on a side note, Barkley is beasty, he is up there stopping the run and made an unbeliveable pick that I thought was a for sure TD......again another great game between us

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:31 am

Yeah hell of a game. I shouldn't be mad since I did get the ball back so technically it didn't cost me the game, just cost me an opportunity to win in that situation. Barkley is a beast and thank god the guy that owned the browns before me drafted him and saint. What happened to that stefan logan guy (or whatever his name was) you used on kick returns last season? I think you had 2 returns for tds with him on me
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:21 pm

The more I play this gm, the more AI flaws I see and It bugs the shalaly out of me. Still enjoy it tremendously, but when I play rnked gms now I just stare at the TV in disbelief. Do they even test the gm before putting on the market? It's so random too. 1 minute I'll blow out a guy that plays SIM ball and is really good, the next I lose to some sorry azz that just cheeses all gm and exploits the AI. It'll give ya gray hairs. I know levels don't mean anything. The newest 1 for me, and now why I know we have the rule in place about the QB scrambling, is this, and this guy had it down to a FKN science: Texans vs Titans... I'm obviously the Texans. Guy runs single back 3WR most of the gm and CJ is the man of the hour. This guy had the Oline shifts and designated spot to run to and reciever picked out every play... No such thing as progression in this offense. Mind you, something has happenned to me and I have completely lost my Mojo, otherwise I probably wouldn't be having the issues I am with his offense. Moving on. The guy knows exactly where to sprint out to confuse your defense into deciding whether to pursue the QB or stay in coverage. He has a set of audibles in place for man and certain blitzes. I refuse to stop playing him because he knowingly confuses AI. Now I know there are a few people reading this saying,"Oh damn... I got that. That's easy to stop. This guy sucks." F-OFF if you're that guy. I know I don't suck. Just in a slump... And slumpin ain't easy. Anyway, I always figure out these cheeseheads eventually and love to witness them become unglued when they can't do anything else because they don't really know how to play the gm good. Pretty much have it figured out I think. Another thing I can't understand is Vince Young isn't accurate. Well? Not until he's on the run. Unbelievable. The same guy subbed in different people at every position and ran about 3 defensive plays. Some how certain players can shed blocks and plaster you're HB even if they start the play by dropping into a curl zone from the DT position. By the way, 1 of the 3 defensive plays was audibling every defender into a zone. Somehow this defense is still effective against the run??? EA has a looooooooong way to go... Just makes me realize how much I appreciate playing in a SIM league with a solid group of owners. You have to understand something, I don't know how to cheat the AI. I never cared to figure it out as far as looking it up on the net or something. But there are a lot of ways that people use to trick the CPU controlled players. A lot. It's got to a point to where I haven't played rnkd gms as much as I used to since joining the league that I can't keep up with what stops what? You get to a point to where you're not even playing football really... You'r just matching the defensive play known to stop a certain flaw the player you're playing is exploiting. Wow... Fun... And FKN forget it if the guy knows a lot of them! You fall asleep running the same defense over and over again to stop the QB on Crack deal and he switches to some other cheese that he runs until you go back and remember the play to stop this 1! It's not competition when people do that kind of thing. I refuse. I would never appreciate winning if it was at the cost of knowing I really wasn't the better man... It's sad really. How pathetic a person do you have to be? Really? Just wannted to give a compliment to all of the SIM ballers that I enjoy playing so much in this league! Bravo Bitches!

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 pm

i personally hate that people can have 3 freakin' blockers run right past them just because they take their player off the defensive line a foot and then they can get all the pressure in the world
john5153

Post  john5153 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:02 pm

htown well fucking put.... like i said i never played ranked games EVER...(i played 5 games in 04 madden back then) i got in these leagues.... playing people... i consider myself and medicore to average player (taking into account tourney gurus and "really good cheesers") If you are anywhere between and medicore and above average player, u will have trouble with GOOD CHEESERS.. see people like to talk about sorry cheesers.. gives that got 1 or 2 gimmicks... and dont interchange them.... or the gimmick itself isnt that good.... yeah those most sim players can stop..... but it breaks the ai for a reason... u aint gonna be able to make the play every time... thats why people run sweeps... no sure fire way to stop a sweep... because you basing it on the ai... now they will be games where you run that play... and they get 2 yards... then another game... busting 30 or 40 yard runs.... when you have to depend on the ai to help you (everyone does) then stoping GOOD CHEESE is hard.... I really figured this out just in the last couple of weeks because i was at my bro inlaws and i made an account and played several games... ironically i played basically the same teams.... saints titans and 1 viking game... i STARTED at least 10 games.... and everyone by the rules we play in the leagues... would have been booted second week (need 2 people to confirm it lol) BUT all the cheese was at different levels.. i played a cat that just did the same stretch and pitch all day.... didnt really mix in audibles... i was able to stuff him... i played another that did about three plays and had many audibles that they were doing before i even got to the line... and would keep you just enough off balance.... that you couldnt just stupidly overcommitt. THANK GOD FOR SIM LEAGUES! THERE IS NOW WAY I WOULD ENJOY MADDEN AS MUCH IF I JUST HAD TO PLAY RANKED ONLINE..... I DONT SEE HOW YALL HAVE DID IT FOR SO LONG!

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:13 pm

god damn, i have a hard ass schedule this year!!! i'll be lucky to go 10-6.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:21 pm

lucky0644 wrote:god damn, i have a hard ass schedule this year!!! i'll be lucky to go 10-6.

who you play? that is why i dont look ahead... lol..i want to be surprised.....
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Well... I consider myself a good player who uses my football knowledge to beat opponents. That and some pretty damn good, but sometimes irratic, stick skills. See, I had no idea about the defense being able to confuse the AI of the offensive blockers by being off the line a little. Now that I think of it, the same guy would go from his base defense that he subbed guys into and audible into something everytime I would break the huddle. Really? Seriously, it's sad somebody isn't good enuff so they have to resort to that kind of BS to even be competitive. I will never understand a type of person that can feel that winning that way, or even being competitive, is satisfying. One of the weakest things I can think of. Hate to sound corny, but there's no honor in it. That being said, I believe there is a play that can beat or stop anything using it the legit way. The way the gm is supposed to be played. You don't have your whole playbook to audible though. I beat the guy I was talking about bad 1 time. The other gms were close, but with me losing.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:28 pm

rest of the way.....
packers - darngood
titans - dmoney
lions - jtbone
saints - kalahui
bucs - ncballa
colts - duggeydee
bucs -
seahawks - whosgiggn
vikings - nexus (he was tough in mxl2 with saints)
falcons - tonka
bears - rashowned
cowboys - tony

and i already am 2-2 i think
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm

well at least you dont have me this year

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:33 pm

i want a rematch with you

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:33 pm

PapaH25 wrote:well at least you dont have me this year

but he's stuck playing a tougher opponent!! ME...
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:33 pm

thats agree to disagree

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:34 pm

i finally get to try the c'boys. i was hopin we'd meet last year

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:42 pm

lucky0644 wrote:i finally get to try the c'boys. i was hopin we'd meet last year

yea i wished i'd gone further last year too. we'll get to see this season for sure though...and dont worry i dont think i'll be resting starters with the way packers and rams are playing. it will probly be a race till the end for playoff seeding in NFC.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:45 pm

ya i was hoping to keep d.will under 275 this year, but it looks as though he may be getting 350 if i need to keep the pressure on. i wish i could move freakin r.marshall he is killing my team.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:49 pm

yea you on pace for 300+ with williams. what's wrong with marshall?

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:52 pm

nothing. he just isn't my type of cb. he can't press or zone at all

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:53 pm

pretty much opposite of what i need (or teh other 5 cbs on my team do)

he may be the cut guy next season

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:57 pm

lucky0644 wrote:nothing. he just isn't my type of cb. he can't press or zone at all

well from the looks of it you're right he cant press. but he should be pretty good in man if you dont press him. also, it looks like he has some good tackling and hit power for possibly putting him at safety.

my FS D. Oliver has almost the same tackling and hit power but not very good at coverage but his stats thru 4 games....17 tackles 1 sack 1 tackle for loss 3 forced fumbles.

if you have enough depth you may consider seeing what he does for you at S.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:02 pm

ya, i don't like doing that if i don't have to. he is a cb i'll play him at cb. plus i have a decent saftey in godfrey and a.bethea. i may try it still though. and i already am playing p.haralson at DE (he is an OLB) i don't want to do that too much i don't like it. i wish you could change a persons position once a year or something in these online things

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:03 pm

the thing with marshall is....he makes all my big plays. he just gives up alot of big plays also. i need consistancy over big plays
john5153

Post  john5153 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:26 pm

lucky0644 wrote:ya i was hoping to keep d.will under 275 this year, but it looks as though he may be getting 350 if i need to keep the pressure on. i wish i could move freakin r.marshall he is killing my team.

yeah that sucks.. because u put in that backup and that is who fumbled... that **** pisses me off

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:30 pm

and thats not the first time that has happened with him either. but i am a sutton homer so he will continue to get carries when i can get him the ball

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:32 am