PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

Log in

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2


SMACKBOARD!

Share
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  john5153 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:07 am

yeah i love when your trades come through... i play bu11 in mx2 and lynch had a good game... matter of fact justin smith got a sack last game... that was unexpected... probably was a screen or something.....
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:10 am

After what he was able to do for me tonight I almost feel I should've given you more. I think that Ono is gonna be something though. That speed and agility. He'll probably turn into a great pass rusher. If he would convert to an OLB then I would've kept him. If I didn't mention it, the CPU picked him up at the end of the 1st rnd. The CPU thought he was something. It was wierd for it to do that considering he wasn't even on my draft board. Oh well. I'm happy.
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  john5153 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:13 am

mcgahee is pretty tough on this game especially with the old rosters... i have him in madden 10 on my bengals team..... someone actually cut larry johnson i so i picked him up too.... before the update... benson is trash.....

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:27 am

Falcons win in OT 31-28
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  john5153 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 am

wally54452 wrote:Falcons win in OT 31-28


who you play?

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 am

that was frustrating. wally care to guess how many broken tackles your guys had????? it was ridiculous. not to mention your KR for a td or you reception THROUGH my safety. o and aren't 6o-something wr's supposed to suck???? apparently my wrs drop the ball while everyone on his team holds on (even 60 somethings who make the impressive 3rd down receptions vs. my best cb)

gg anyway. very frusterating. i feel the that three of your games you ended up winning on some bull**** stuff.
avatar
PapaH25

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 31
Location : Oklahoma

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  PapaH25 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:33 am

ya ill find a place for randle so im not worried. I have him at 3rd string for OLB now too....the only reason he doesnt convert is b/c he has man & zone coverage of 12 lol. If those were in the 60's then he would convert well i'm sure.....so maybe ill put him there & use him as a hybrid & blitz him
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  john5153 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:35 am

lol he dont play with d williams.... tail of two different offenses... scott had a garrard like performance (lol) and girley and turner combo was stuffed good game... what happen in the second?
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  john5153 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 am

PapaH25 wrote:ya ill find a place for randle so im not worried. I have him at 3rd string for OLB now too....the only reason he doesnt convert is b/c he has man & zone coverage of 12 lol. If those were in the 60's then he would convert well i'm sure.....so maybe ill put him there & use him as a hybrid & blitz him


a lil off base but that is what i hope they add in madden 11... if you import rosters.. the hybrids wont go up because there awareness is terrible.... like the will have the other attributes, but awareness holds them back...i would like for them to "implement" that just a lil better.... matter of fact ima add that to a madden 11 wishlist.. u never know

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:43 am

john5153 wrote:lol he dont play with d williams.... tail of two different offenses... scott had a garrard like performance (lol) and girley and turner combo was stuffed good game... what happen in the second?

i had the tempo for most of the game, but he had a KR for td that broke 5 tackles and then he threw a post-corner that went through my saftey who was just sittin on the corner all by himself as the wr ran past him and caught the ball through his chest.


and then i went to hell!!!
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  john5153 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:47 am

well still got to give you credit for taking it to overtime..... and much credit for stopping turner and girley...i played someone who had girley in another league... man, he didnt cheese with him... but man he did put on a show almost every time he touched the ball

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:48 am

ya, girley is his KR. the guy is frustrating to say the least
avatar
PapaH25

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 31
Location : Oklahoma

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  PapaH25 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:49 am

ya i agree...i dont know why they put the DE's on here w/ 12 man/zone coverages....every defender can cover a little bit so they should be higher....thats just stupid. Oh well....i'll try to make due lol

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:09 am

lucky0644 wrote:
john5153 wrote:lol he dont play with d williams.... tail of two different offenses... scott had a garrard like performance (lol) and girley and turner combo was stuffed good game... what happen in the second?

i had the tempo for most of the game, but he had a KR for td that broke 5 tackles and then he threw a post-corner that went through my saftey who was just sittin on the corner all by himself as the wr ran past him and caught the ball through his chest.


and then i went to hell!!!

i dont know how you can say you had the tempo i was winning or tied almost the whole game? you had a few lucky plays just like i did. it was an even game and i just happen to win this one.
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  john5153 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:40 am

i seen landry did his thing......
avatar
PapaH25

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 31
Location : Oklahoma

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  PapaH25 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:15 am

huh?? lol what you talkin bout john?
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  john5153 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:17 am

OH MY FAULT THE OTHER LANDRY... THE FASTER ONE FOR THE FALCONS... HAD A STRAIGHT GAME
avatar
PapaH25

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 31
Location : Oklahoma

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  PapaH25 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 am

the 1 I wanted lol. If Sharper wasnt hurt then i would have dealed for him....Sharper & Reed as the safeties would have been sick...oh well, maybe next year.

I'm tempted to start Tom Zbibby to see how he does seeing as how he will prob be the starter for the Ravens next year & they will prob let Landry go
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 pm

It's a huge oversight IMO that the self proclaimed ratings guru didn't take into consideration that there is a big group of DE's that come out of college, who are a little too small to play every down at the position, but they're fast and agile. The NFL looks at these DE's as hybrids. They fit perfect on the outside in the 3-4. The ratings guy doesn't give them any coverage skills. Ono would have been a lot more valuable to me if he had any kind of coverage skills. EA needs to address that issue.
avatar
PapaH25

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 31
Location : Oklahoma

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  PapaH25 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 pm

ya I agree...like I said, if Ono had coverage skills then he'd be a 75-85 OLB. But I can move him there & just blitz him if i need to sub him in & he will do just fine. & if it is a passing down then i am deep in my secondary so i'll be ok.

But ya, next year they need to address that issue.....along w/ a salary cap like in offline franchise. I know some franchises wouldnt want to do that & deal with it, so they should put it as an option to do salary cap/free agency or just keep it as it is this year. Those would be nice additions.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:41 pm

HTOWNFIRE wrote:It's a huge oversight IMO that the self proclaimed ratings guru didn't take into consideration that there is a big group of DE's that come out of college, who are a little too small to play every down at the position, but they're fast and agile. The NFL looks at these DE's as hybrids. They fit perfect on the outside in the 3-4. The ratings guy doesn't give them any coverage skills. Ono would have been a lot more valuable to me if he had any kind of coverage skills. EA needs to address that issue.

Because those donk's at EA Sports don't really watch football. These flawed ratings prove that.
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  john5153 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:23 pm

damn me and sixpack just had an amazing game.... i had to score 22 points in 4th. i dont really know how to put the link on here to for you to see, but i did save it on the ea hub. it was tipped like three times by the raider defenders then drew catches and i score the go ahead td with 1 sec left.....
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  john5153 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:28 pm

avatar
da303hooligan

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Denver, CO

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  da303hooligan on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 pm

john5153 wrote:http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/18212163 lol did this work?

lol this just totally reminded me of the crazy Brandon Stokely catch last season when the Broncos barely beat the Bengals in the last few seconds after a similar catch..LOVE IT!

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:39 pm

john5153 wrote:damn me and sixpack just had an amazing game.... i had to score 22 points in 4th. i dont really know how to put the link on here to for you to see, but i did save it on the ea hub. it was tipped like three times by the raider defenders then drew catches and i score the go ahead td with 1 sec left.....

i would be extremely pissed if i were sixpack!! that's the fakest crap catch every seen in my life!!

Sponsored content

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:09 pm