PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

Since the NFLPA just......

Since the NFLPA just......

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Decertified, looks like they cannot be used in Madden 12.
da303hooligan

Re: Since the NFLPA just......

Post  da303hooligan on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:48 pm

northface28 wrote:Decertified, looks like they cannot be used in Madden 12.

LMAO!! Sweeeet..Epic fail..Gotta love greed..
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Are you afraid that there might not be a Madden NFL 12 this year? With all the pandemonium going on right now regarding labor negotiations between the NFL and NFL Player’s Association, it appears that many Madden fans are indeed pretty frightened about a lockout affecting the next installment of their yearly fix of football. Luckily, EA is here to assure us that all will fine on our 360s and PlayStations - regardless of what happens in real life.

“Fans of Madden NFL will not have their seasons interrupted regardless of when the labor issues are resolved. EA SPORTS will release Madden NFL 12 in August, complete with exciting new features and product innovation that will allow NFL fans to fill their desire for football. NFL players will continue to be featured, as always, in Madden NFL 12. The only credible source you need is right here. Any other information you get is inaccurate.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:18 pm

I always thought a portion of NFL players had something against Madden using NFL player names and jersey numbers. I might be wrong, idk. But can you remember back when Lavar Arrington (OLB for the Redskins), used to be the ****. Yea well, for some reason his 95+ overall character never had a name and always had a wrong jersey number. Im talking about Madden 03/ Madden 04.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:28 am

ya i remember that b/c I loved LaVar Arrington. Used to be my fav player. I think it was b/c he never signed over to the NFLPA or something. I dunno...I may be wrong

It will kinda suck if we have to play w/ players without name. Instead of Peyton Manning we will be playing with "QB #18"

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:29 am

PapaH25 wrote:ya i remember that b/c I loved LaVar Arrington. Used to be my fav player. I think it was b/c he never signed over to the NFLPA or something. I dunno...I may be wrong

It will kinda suck if we have to play w/ players without name. Instead of Peyton Manning we will be playing with "QB #18"

totally agree - i never liked playing college games exactly for this reason

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:54 am

Papa is right, Arrington was "#56" because he wasnt in union. If this isnt ironed out, we will be playing with no named players, just numbers.

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:25 am

I'd just rather keep playing this then playing with garbage like that.
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:51 pm

northface28 wrote:Papa is right, Arrington was "#56" because he wasnt in union. If this isnt ironed out, we will be playing with no named players, just numbers.

If that turns out to be the case, I expect a feature to allow us to change every player's number and name. Expect the QB on the Chicago Bears to be called, RashOwned I, my RB will be RashOwned II, and my WR will be RashOwned the third.

Seriously talking now, I'm sure there will be no restrictions against us changing the names to Jay Cutler or Matt Forte. They won't be able to monitor MXL. I do expect, however, for there to be no player pictures.
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:15 pm

I guess I don't understand what the players union is tryin to get from all this, I watched a video clip of owners and what they offered and to me it sound pretty damn legit. The players union is out of their minds. They aren't going to win this "battle". It's just gonna take longer for them to lose this. The fans are the only ones losing out here..so lame. Madden 12 will be like a "fantasy" game with made up names and numbers. Im just like papa and puj, i dont play ncaa cuz it bothers me that its WR#88 or QB#15. What are our drafts gonna look like, a silhouette picture, and a number? I can hear it now, "Damn, that RB#27 looks pretty solid", and "Broncos trade CB#24 and 2nd rnd pick for DT#76 and FS#20" Are you effin kidding me...
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:58 pm

OK i'm not sure if you are reading things but let me try this again with some more info so you people stop spazing and bitching about nothing yet.

READ THIS.........

With the NFL lockout seemingly inevitable, some have been wondering how it might affect EA's popular Madden franchise.

Negotiations have not gone well and it appears that football fans won't even get a season this year, or if they do, it'll be shortened. Nobody knows anything concrete just yet, but things just aren't going well. Even so, EA Sports says not to worry- spokesman Bob Semsey stepped up on Twitter and delivered the following reassuring words:

"Madden NFL 12 will be released in August as always. All the NFL teams, all the NFL players, all Madden."

Although the NFLPA (Player's Association) has been "decertified," EA Sports can still use real players and real teams, and the team and league logos are licensed separately, so they don't have to be removed, either. Semsey also went on to confirm that rookie players will be included on the rosters of teams who select them in April's draft, so that's a definite plus.

Well, of course EA is going to release it. We could be wrong, but with no football on TV and one's only option being the new Madden...wouldn't sales skyrocket? Or would it work the other way; i.e., hardcore fans want to play while following the season, and if there's no season, they lose interest in playing... Guess we'll find out in August.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:38 am