PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Minicola

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Minicola on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 pm

i just downgraded my internet...what a coincidence!

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:10 pm

PapaH25 wrote:
mjfutures wrote: or the best one is "my cousin was playing for me"

lol i assume that last one is talking about me??....from months ago. I wouldnt say it if it didnt happen. Only so much of this game i wanna play. I'd be gone in a heartbeat if i had my ravens reserved for M12. & I know of at least a handful of people that would do the same. But I'll tough it out since that wont be allowed. I think M12 will be worth it.

I think the biggest deal isnt the playing style of a lot of people. I have no problem w/ people playing man to man all game, bc there are a lot of teams in the NFL that run mostly man or mostly zone. I think the problem is that EA screwed it up b/c player overalls dont matter. Ed Reed getting burnt multiple times a game by some scrub WR, or him dropping 9/10 INT's right in his hand is just retarded. For the majority of this game, attributes & overalls dont matter, so it makes it pointless to try to build a team

If you look at Madden '10 then you saw a lot more competitiveness & chess match. You dont get that this year....there isnt near as much thinking about what the opponent is gonna do b/c you dont have to. This years Madden just messed up...& hopefully its fixed next year.

Last year people got burnt out, but not like this. It was just a better game in that aspect, & hopefully it gets fixed

Yup...that's why I left a couple months ago. I just couldn't take the BS anymore. Im telling you, a break is nice. I'm rejoining now so I can get a spot for M12.
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Please people, reread what you write and reduce it. I am not going to waste an hour reading 4 posts of which, when put together, create a fucking 5 page essay. Sleep

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:53 pm

rashowned wrote:Please people, reread what you write and reduce it. I am not going to waste an hour reading 4 posts of which, when put together, create a fucking 5 page essay. Sleep

Ok.

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 pm

I agree with PapaH, if I could quit and still have the Packers for M12 then I would have for this season, just not into it right now but will tough it out because after playing the NCAA 12 demo, both games will be worth it.

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:06 am

PWn3DvILl3 wrote:I agree with PapaH, if I could quit and still have the Packers for M12 then I would have for this season, just not into it right now but will tough it out because after playing the NCAA 12 demo, both games will be worth it.

Apparently you can only do that if you're "Bu11"

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:15 am

hcaicedo24 wrote:
PWn3DvILl3 wrote:I agree with PapaH, if I could quit and still have the Packers for M12 then I would have for this season, just not into it right now but will tough it out because after playing the NCAA 12 demo, both games will be worth it.

LMAO!! man, we got some good comedians in MXL!!

if you want out, by all means go for it...i'll tell you like i told bu11, tonka, egnited, and everyone that has asked, IF I CAN FIND SOMEONE THAT IS WILLING TO TAKE OVER TEMPORARILY THEN YOU WILL BE SAFE BUT IF NOT, YOU PLAY OR YOU LOSE YOUR TEAM!! NO ONE HAS THEIR SPOT SAVED UNLESS THEY STICK AROUND!!

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:20 am

nexus24 wrote:
mjfutures wrote:i think the biggest cheese of MXL are the guys who complain or have an excuse anytime they lose. have you noticed when a so called "stud" gets beat you get bombarded with texts and or message board insults.....such as....LAG, SAME DEF PLAY ALL GAME, 50OVR ROOKIES COVERING 99OVR WRS, injury bug, I wasn't trying, crying about an owner playing a certain style of defense as if they are not allowed to coach their team, or they disc until they win, or the best one is "my cousin was playing for me"

one of the best excuses I heard was from sir tonka-truck when he was down 21 to the giants "my cat tripped over the wire" :lol!: then continued to complain stating WHY DID HE COUNT THE GAME? lawl

Lmao......... :word: now this is mxl leag we talking about...keep bitching n let all the frustration out so when it come to madden 12. We start fresh.....

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:45 pm

tony87blue wrote:
hcaicedo24 wrote:

if you want out, by all means go for it...i'll tell you like i told bu11, tonka, egnited, and everyone that has asked, IF I CAN FIND SOMEONE THAT IS WILLING TO TAKE OVER TEMPORARILY THEN YOU WILL BE SAFE BUT IF NOT, YOU PLAY OR YOU LOSE YOUR TEAM!! NO ONE HAS THEIR SPOT SAVED UNLESS THEY STICK AROUND!!

This is why I am toughing it out. If I leave then at least 3 people that I know of will jump on the Packers for M12, no way am I giving up the champs and most likely the best team to start M12. Besides, I had fun beating the Broncos last night as Jamal Lewis ripped it up for 210 yards and 2 TDs.

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:52 pm

PWn3DvILl3 wrote:
tony87blue wrote:
hcaicedo24 wrote:

This is why I am toughing it out. If I leave then at least 3 people that I know of will jump on the Packers for M12, no way am I giving up the champs and most likely the best team to start M12. Besides, I had fun beating the Broncos last night as Jamal Lewis ripped it up for 210 yards and 2 TDs.

Pwn leave so i can take packers lol...... :word:
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 pm

PWn3DvILl3 wrote:
tony87blue wrote:
hcaicedo24 wrote:

That game was total bs. Hope you enjoyed it cuz it wont happen again.

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:25 pm

da303hooligan wrote:
PWn3DvILl3 wrote:
tony87blue wrote:
hcaicedo24 wrote:

That game was total bs. Hope you enjoyed it cuz it wont happen again.

LOL. I did enjoy it, thank you. I realize that the 2 fumbles were frustrating and game changers especially the one at the goalline that I recovered in the endzone, but you still gave up 210 yards to Lewis who iced the game for me.

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:49 pm

The only reason I ever lose is because everyone else "cheeses" and I don't. I am WAY to good to lose legitimately.
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:03 pm

puj5stl wrote:The only reason I ever lose is because everyone else "cheeses" and I don't. I am WAY to good to lose legitimately.

WELL SAID

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:27 pm

lets all just point out the real players from the cheesers.

real:
myself
puj

cheesers:
everyone else
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:31 am

hcaicedo24 wrote:

boohoo
john5153

Post  john5153 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Bu11ze1 wrote:
hcaicedo24 wrote:

boohoo

bu11, have u been sneakily reading these boards? lol
john5153

Post  john5153 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:10 pm

good read.... all of it........ im just out of the hospital so this is gonna give me a good 15 min of enjoyment...... OF COURSE imma have my opinion:

we have players that play to win, and very few players that play to play "sim". Ever since last madden 10, as an owner, i felt your goal should be to play "sim" and win.... but everyone of use understand that to win u may have to abandon that.... Some owners go farther than others..... the game is a glitch in itself because i can put 60 and 70 overall corners out there and they can produce at an high level... we take advantage of that..... i seen tony talking about "press" coverage..... now... there are alot of variables that matter into that... can your wr get off of press? (75 or higher) why wouldnt he press, if like EVERYONE else u making sure you have speedsters everywhere on the field? plus madden does a decent of job of making you feel like "man my players aint playing good today" so dez didnt want to seperate as quickly this game as in game's past... my wrs do that too... only the "elite" wrs play game in and game out..... and even then good corners sometimes step up... if we want to try and make it like real football, we have to acknowledge average players stepping up. So chalk it up to that..... i had games in which my wrs would play like a beast on the press, then the next game, everytime i had enough time to look for an open wr, he was shutdown.... it happens....... like in real football... we have to understand everything doesnt work everytime... if you are complaining... than your not unless someone was cheesing you..... lag? on field goals? happens all the time.... frustrating..... especially when it doesnt happen on every kick...... i have been blessed with the ability to play sim and be competitive.... so it is easier said than done.... man d all game? someone needs to let me know what is the problem with that? blitzing and a man getting in? it should happen like that (sometimes) if you dont shift your line....... shouldnt dropping back 15 yards... that is lame... i played someone in here this year (wont say names of course lol) that he was pretty sim EXCEPT that he was dropping back 15 yards on every play.... my team had a good pass rush going that game, but never got to him unless the won their intial move and it was a speed rusher.... because he dropped back so far... or he would keep dropping back until that halfback come out the backfield on that "chip block, then go out for a pass route" ****. The dropping back is something that unless u just do quick passes, we all have to learn to taper it down..... i have josh johnson, and im still sacked alot in comparsion to my attempts because i make an consequence effort not to drop back too far...... if you not making an effort to play sim and only to win, then u not playing mxl ball
john5153

Post  john5153 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:08 pm

jags pull out a gutsy win battling through 3 front seven injuries and pats superstar tailback tymichael fender nearly gaining 200 yards on the ground. Jag's dline the last 2 drives stepped up and were able to get the pats of the field when it matter most. Offensively, Drew once again looked spry breaking a long run on his way to 95 yards on 9 carries....... Brandon Jones didnt disappoint, adding a 100 yard game to the mix. Josh Johnson, who was pressured all day, would up just 7-14 but throwing 3 tds. K.C. williams had a monster game 6 tackles and 3 sacks...
john5153

Post  john5153 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Another tough,close win for the jags... drew was shutdown ( 29 yards on 12 carries) but Big Brandon Jones did enough (71 yards 5 carries) to give the jags decent yardage on the ground. Josh Johnson, a longtime backup to Josh Freeman, won his first head to head against freeman. Wr Astaire all but dropped a pass that would have had bucs in field goal position. Giving the Jag's D life, they were able to hold ground and get a turnover on downs. That left Josh Johnson only 43 seconds to get his team into field goal range. (all their timeouts)Josh J was able to connect on 2 pass that got the jags into field goal range. Jag's have been hit with the injury bug as of late, now with another cb down for 8 weeks.gg mini

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:44 pm

john5153 wrote:now with another cb down for 8 weeks

if you cant win, beat the hell out of the players and injure them!! lmao...
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:15 am

Steelers get win over Raiders in a interesting game that the Madden Gods seemed to help out.

Not sure why the Raiders kept calling timeouts either with a min to go and the game over? and what was up with those laterals on the kick return? those where big turnovers. GG though Ravenfoxx

After playing NCAA last night it's really hard to play this Madden right now. That game is way better.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:47 am

I played a gm yesterday and it was tied 28 all in the 4th with around 1:30 left. I stopped my opponent leaving him with 4th and 4 on his 41yd line, he goes for it. This is a punt situation in our "sim" league. Like an online rnkd opponent, he goes for it and I stop him. I ended up losing in overtime because I got too conservative after the turnover on downs. The reason we have rules is so this BS doesn't take place. No NFL tm would do that. When the PAT's went for it against the Colts on their side of the field is was 4th and 1 and Belichek was criticised and still is to this day. It's not SIM and the rules state it's not allowed. We are part of this LG so we don't have to deal with this very thing.

4th down
4th and less than 3 allowed AND CAN'T if you are not 10yds from 50 (40yd line)
if losing in 4th quarter, obviously allowed

Why people are being allowed to break rules is a mystery to me.
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:03 am

HTOWNFIRE wrote:I played a gm yesterday and it was tied 28 all in the 4th with around 1:30 left. I stopped my opponent leaving him with 4th and 4 on his 41yd line, he goes for it. This is a punt situation in our "sim" league. Like an online rnkd opponent, he goes for it and I stop him. I ended up losing in overtime because I got too conservative after the turnover on downs. The reason we have rules is so this BS doesn't take place. No NFL tm would do that. When the PAT's went for it against the Colts on their side of the field is was 4th and 1 and Belichek was criticised and still is to this day. It's not SIM and the rules state it's not allowed. We are part of this LG so we don't have to deal with this very thing.

4th down
4th and less than 3 allowed AND CAN'T if you are not 10yds from 50 (40yd line)
if losing in 4th quarter, obviously allowed

Why people are being allowed to break rules is a mystery to me.

4th and less than 3 allowed AND CAN'T if you are not 10yds - this is saying he is allowed to go for it. It doesn't say what side of the field and honestly HTOWN i would've probably gone for it also being a tied game with around a 1 min left only because of the ridiculous Field Goal range kickers are able to make in this game.

Say he punt's it and all you gotta do it just make it just across the 50 and kick a Game Winner. In real life yes they would punt it 9 out of 10 times. This is a grey area on this matter that needs to be clarified in more detail, but you are also given 1 time to go for it on 4th down in the game for MXL.

HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:56 am

It was 4th and 4... But this type of thing is why we are in "sim" leagues. This is the online rnkd BS play we are trying to avoid!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 am