PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

john5153

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:26 pm

its all good prap... just remember that some people have those different opinions.... but when they start singing in unison, then it might be something about your gameplay... I never play you, and for the most part im not harsh harsh on "sim" even when it is borderline.......
john5153

Post  john5153 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:30 pm

jags win a very close game 38-31..... my online has really blocked well in the running game the last few weeks, allowing mo drew to look like the young mo drew...... Josh again was sporadic for the 3rd game in a row....... Jags also lost their early season mvp JOSH SNEDEGAR for the remainder of the season.... he lead the team with 5 ints (3 for td returns) and had 2 forced fumbles on special teams..... he was a monster and will be missed...
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Bye weeks should be optional lol

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:49 am

Cowboys lose again to more bullshit! Different opponent same story...press man cover seems to be the trend these days around these parks. **** tying to gameplan or actually play defense to what your opponent does! All it takes is man cover and pressing the wrs.to top things off my receivers have forgotten how to seperate and get open!...lord knows that CBs jump most routes so cross routes typically gets the job done but apparently that has stopped working for me even if my receivers are 3-7pts faster than the CBs.

I'm so damn ready for Madden 12 and possibly going down to all pro setting!

Oh and I forgot to mention the lag that caused an extra pt shank that was 30yds wide right and even better the lag that caused a 50yd fg to go just wide right to end game! Cowboys 20-21 patriots.

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 am

at least you got to finsih your game, my opp decided yo end the game after a dc with almost 7 min remaining only up "10"
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:16 am

tony87blue wrote:Cowboys lose again to more bullshit! Different opponent same story...press man cover seems to be the trend these days around these parks. **** tying to gameplan or actually play defense to what your opponent does! All it takes is man cover and pressing the wrs.to top things off my receivers have forgotten how to seperate and get open!...lord knows that CBs jump most routes so cross routes typically gets the job done but apparently that has stopped working for me even if my receivers are 3-7pts faster than the CBs.

I'm so damn ready for Madden 12 and possibly going down to all pro setting!

Oh and I forgot to mention the lag that caused an extra pt shank that was 30yds wide right and even better the lag that caused a 50yd fg to go just wide right to end game! Cowboys 20-21 patriots.

LOL....you have no idea how i got madden owned in my game. I'm so done....unreal the things that are happening.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Man, i'm sorry but i have got to say that i'm sick and tired of u guys crying on here about the game. If u guys really r sick of madden 11 then by all means just quit until madden 12, the game come out in less than 2 months. What happened to MXL where guys r just here to complete and not here to cry about everything? I vote that the guys that just tired of the game should just leave the team open as cpu, and u would still get ur team back for madden 12, do wat ever it take to just stop everyone from crying. All the top dogs in this league all got glitch play in my opinion, so once ur glitching play doesn't work u go and cry about it. I think it's time to stop the crying, the one that still wants to stay and play stay the ones that wants to leave til madden 12 then leave team as CPU and won't lose their spot. Amen to that.

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:21 pm

iHeineken wrote:Man, i'm sorry but i have got to say that i'm sick and tired of u guys crying on here about the game. If u guys really r sick of madden 11 then by all means just quit until madden 12, the game come out in less than 2 months. What happened to MXL where guys r just here to complete and not here to cry about everything? I vote that the guys that just tired of the game should just leave the team open as cpu, and u would still get ur team back for madden 12, do wat ever it take to just stop everyone from crying. All the top dogs in this league all got glitch play in my opinion, so once ur glitching play doesn't work u go and cry about it. I think it's time to stop the crying, the one that still wants to stay and play stay the ones that wants to leave til madden 12 then leave team as CPU and won't lose their spot. Amen to that.

LMAO!!!

you calling me a cry baby?

you calling me a cheater? i consider myself a top player and my overall record shows it!!

i'm not crying my friend, just tired of seeing the same **** over and over and over!! back when we started this madden a year ago, we used to play SIM and actually play the game vs each other!! all it is now is people playing the beat the cpu game by either creating unrealistic mismatches with spd WRs/CBs (no matter that they are 50-60ovr) and getting away with it, playing the same offense or defense on every play bc "it works"!!

i love madden just as much as most of us do, but at some point everyone gets tired of playing the same boring game every 3rd day and i got to that point back when i tried to play in MXLN!! what happen to the days when we played to outsmart/outplay each other? maybe it's my fault (most likely is) that i let it get to this point but things are changing real soon!!

as far as quitting, well that wont be happening!! what i'm going to do is continue playing, continue playing you (not directly you) bums that love to play 1 way bc "it works" AND I'M GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS FOR OUR LAST M11 SUPER BOWL!! It's coming, it's just a matter of time before i get back on track!!

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:55 pm

lol maybe thats why i suck. I dont know how to beat the glitching and "money" plays. I mean i've played football most of my life and know how to play the game of football. It sucks that you cant take real football situations/plays/defenses/coverages that you know will work VS whatever your opponent is using, and have them totally fail because the game is flawed, or someone is taking advantage of the A.I.

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Tony just an FYI I do NOT play press man coverage, my corners press sucks.

Also you state how you hate hate hate man coverage but you know how to beat it.. yeah I play man coverage but you see others have learned how to counter it.

I only have 2 corners (McCourty and Wilhite) who are over 90spd. not to mention there in the low 90's also low 90s for accel..

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 pm

i think the biggest cheese of MXL are the guys who complain or have an excuse anytime they lose. have you noticed when a so called "stud" gets beat you get bombarded with texts and or message board insults.....such as....LAG, SAME DEF PLAY ALL GAME, 50OVR ROOKIES COVERING 99OVR WRS, injury bug, I wasn't trying, crying about an owner playing a certain style of defense as if they are not allowed to coach their team, or they disc until they win, or the best one is "my cousin was playing for me"

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:49 pm

nexus24 wrote:Tony just an FYI I do NOT play press man coverage, my corners press sucks.

well, maybe you didnt press them but they sure as hell seemed like it since they were glued to my WRs as soon as i snap the ball!! the only time that didnt happen was on the Ogletree TD...the 1 and only time he burned your slow CBs!! btw, doing show blitz will move the CBs up...so maybe you didnt "press" but i know you do show blitz a lot!!

nexus24 wrote:Also you state how you hate hate hate man coverage but you know how to beat it.. yeah I play man coverage but you see others have learned how to counter it.

i state it in terms of crosses, slants, streaks, etc etc should beat man coverage especially when the CBs are SLOWER than the WRs BUT for some reason it doesnt work for me these days!!

nexus24 wrote:I only have 2 corners (McCourty and Wilhite) who are over 90spd. not to mention there in the low 90's also low 90s for accel..

EXACTLY!!! YET Ogletree 96spd couldnt get open but 1 time on a streak and i tried that about 5 times!! when i used 4 WRs, Montgomery 94spd never got open!! Bryant and Austin arent fast but it's stupid how the CBs stick like glue to the WRs!!

you keep playing your game my friend, i've beat ya before and we both know you dont deserve the W you got against me this time around!!

Like i said, i will find a way to beat this cheap "defense" soon enough...

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:52 pm

"cheap defense"....i need to add that to my post above. lol
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:53 pm

I mention things whether i win or lose, but Madden which is supposed to be like playing real football but a video game there are things that just shouldn't happen. I'm beginning to think the problem is mostly with these EA Draft classes. Look at the first few seasons and things seemed alright. Now we got D & F pot players rated at 65ovr and below playing like a SUPERSTAR...LOL

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:54 pm

I love how you never give credit tony, yeah maybe you should of won but what about the 2 fumbles I caused that were laying on the ground for a decent amount of time and u got both of them?

Its just the way the cards are delt man, also if I remember correctly I had a big 3 and out back on your 20 under the 2 min warning.

You make a real big stink about one side of the ball, but when it comes to it what really beat you was my drive under 2 minutes that lead to a TD.

..oh and another thing which I didnt find SIM at all. I was on either 2 or 3 yard line ran it once u called timeout, ran it again and u called your last timeout. I come out to run it again and what defense are you in? 3 down linemen with 3 safteys over the top? really? cause in a game where I need to score you played that very poorly.

I understand you wanted the ball back, but you praise yourself on defense.. so why give up the easy score like that ?
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:59 pm

iHeineken wrote:Man, i'm sorry but i have got to say that i'm sick and tired of u guys crying on here about the game. If u guys really r sick of madden 11 then by all means just quit until madden 12, the game come out in less than 2 months. What happened to MXL where guys r just here to complete and not here to cry about everything? I vote that the guys that just tired of the game should just leave the team open as cpu, and u would still get ur team back for madden 12, do wat ever it take to just stop everyone from crying. All the top dogs in this league all got glitch play in my opinion, so once ur glitching play doesn't work u go and cry about it. I think it's time to stop the crying, the one that still wants to stay and play stay the ones that wants to leave til madden 12 then leave team as CPU and won't lose their spot. Amen to that.

:word:

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:01 pm

mjfutures wrote:i think the biggest cheese of MXL are the guys who complain or have an excuse anytime they lose. have you noticed when a so called "stud" gets beat you get bombarded with texts and or message board insults.....such as....LAG, SAME DEF PLAY ALL GAME, 50OVR ROOKIES COVERING 99OVR WRS, injury bug, I wasn't trying, crying about an owner playing a certain style of defense as if they are not allowed to coach their team, or they disc until they win, or the best one is "my cousin was playing for me"

one of the best excuses I heard was from sir tonka-truck when he was down 21 to the giants "my cat tripped over the wire" :lol!: then continued to complain stating WHY DID HE COUNT THE GAME? lawl

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:13 pm

Tony wat is ur definition of glitch or taking advantage of AI? When u shift ur lbs, dlines and show blitz doesn't that **** with the Oline blocking assignment too? I have not seem anyone that shift the way u shift ur defense, but don't i have to make a guess to where ur blitz is comming from to make my adjustment to my oline to actually block and not have one that come in scott free? And not directing to u, but other owners has crazy blitz that someone always come in untouch with a free sack, but if someone on offense is trying to counter it by backing off 15-20 yards they get called out for being unsim and back down like 15-20 yards. COME ON now, if u hike the ball and get sacked littery in seconds, how r u going to play offense? I don't care if u have an Andre Johnson, or a Calvin Johnson Jr, they needs some time to actually be able to run down the field to make their routes, but man after i hike bam i'm sacked how can i play? Isn't there a glich in there? And y can't u take a damn lost to Nexus, he might have been playing light out the night u two played. He kicked my ass in the afc champ game last season cause he out played me. And when the game lag doesn't it work both way for the both of u, i mean when u're kicking and it's lag i'm sure when Nexus kick it lag too. If everyone is complaining about being glitch i say we don't allow any kind of shifting or movement until after the snap is snap, that way u don't have to make oline adjustment becuase i know my 5 olinemen going to engage and grab on the 3/4 dline etc and nobody will come scott free. I have to let my thinking be heard cause i'm tired of all the complaining in here.

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:15 pm

nexus24 wrote:I love how you never give credit tony, yeah maybe you should of won but what about the 2 fumbles I caused that were laying on the ground for a decent amount of time and u got both of them?

Its just the way the cards are delt man, also if I remember correctly I had a big 3 and out back on your 20 under the 2 min warning.

You make a real big stink about one side of the ball, but when it comes to it what really beat you was my drive under 2 minutes that lead to a TD.

..oh and another thing which I didnt find SIM at all. I was on either 2 or 3 yard line ran it once u called timeout, ran it again and u called your last timeout. I come out to run it again and what defense are you in? 3 down linemen with 3 safteys over the top? really? cause in a game where I need to score you played that very poorly.

I understand you wanted the ball back, but you praise yourself on defense.. so why give up the easy score like that ?

i remember 1 of those fumbles, but i also remember no one being around the ball? you cant honestly fault that on me!! i'll give you credit since you want it, how about those 2 int tds you had? that's right, you threw a perfect pass into coverage!! right?? everyone knows that fumbles are BS in this game for the most part and you either are lucky or your not!! here, i'll give ya more credit...YOUR RUN D WAS GOOD!! i blame your run defense on that 3 and out!! and i've obviously talked about your pass defense enough LOL!!

there, i gave ya credit for a few things...hope you are happy!!

oh wait, forgot to mention another thing...give ya credit on your drive and your persistence NOT to let me get away when i was up 13-0 or 20-7!! congrats on that!!

forgive me, and i'm not trying to be a smartass but i will give credit when credit is due!!

now, back to my calling of timeouts and defense (which i do pride myself in, i mean look i held a top HB to a 3.2ypc)...well, lets see. you were inside my 5, time was running so call timeout, then you make it to my 1!! so what do i do?? well, for starters i see that there is something like 1:20 left and i have 1 timeout!! so, let's make a rational decision here....let another 25-35 seconds come off the clock or let you score on the next play and give myself about 1:10 to put myself in FG range?? i chose the latter and picked the quarter D to make sure you scored!! again, congrats on scoring...i couldnt stop your drive!! if i had tried to stop you then i risk losing about 40secs and then i'm really screwed if you score a td!!

tell me, how did my strategy work? i think it worked to perfection to be honest!! with no timeouts, i took the ball from my 30 (??) to your 33!! the only thing that screwed me up was missing the FG, but i've already stated why that happen...if i can make a 61yd FG to make my 1st SB i shouldnt have had an issue making a 50yd fg this time either. like you said, "Its just the way the cards are delt man."

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:28 pm

iHeineken wrote:Tony wat is ur definition of glitch or taking advantage of AI? When u shift ur lbs, dlines and show blitz doesn't that **** with the Oline blocking assignment too? I have not seem anyone that shift the way u shift ur defense, but don't i have to make a guess to where ur blitz is comming from to make my adjustment to my oline to actually block and not have one that come in scott free? And not directing to u, but other owners has crazy blitz that someone always come in untouch with a free sack, but if someone on offense is trying to counter it by backing off 15-20 yards they get called out for being unsim and back down like 15-20 yards. COME ON now, if u hike the ball and get sacked littery in seconds, how r u going to play offense? I don't care if u have an Andre Johnson, or a Calvin Johnson Jr, they needs some time to actually be able to run down the field to make their routes, but man after i hike bam i'm sacked how can i play? Isn't there a glich in there? And y can't u take a damn lost to Nexus, he might have been playing light out the night u two played. He kicked my ass in the afc champ game last season cause he out played me. And when the game lag doesn't it work both way for the both of u, i mean when u're kicking and it's lag i'm sure when Nexus kick it lag too. If everyone is complaining about being glitch i say we don't allow any kind of shifting or movement until after the snap is snap, that way u don't have to make oline adjustment becuase i know my 5 olinemen going to engage and grab on the 3/4 dline etc and nobody will come scott free. I have to let my thinking be heard cause i'm tired of all the complaining in here.

well hein, i'm sorry i cant help you there. i dont know how to make my players come in for a sack all the time!! if that were the case i'd have way more sacks than i do, or someone wouldve called me out on it a long time ago!! dont you think?

the shifts i make are all based on the play, if i'm blitzing my OLBs from 3-4 then i will leave my DL alone and pinch the LBs and occasionally i will show blitz. if someone can tell/show me how that causes instant pressure/glitch/ai abuse i will gladly stop doing it!!

another shift i make, if i'm blitzing my weak side LBs i will shift them to the right and shift my DL to the left + make the DL engage to the right. this will cause an overload blitz to the right...once again, if someone can tell/show me how that cuases instant pressure/glitch/ai abuse i will gladly stop.

these shifts all vary, all the time based on what my opponent is doing. if i see that they love to run left or right i will shift accordingly!! i play defense based on what my opponent is doing! i do the same thing to determine a zone coverage...if they like to go to flats i will play cover 2 etc etc.

sorry i cant help you in knowing why people get instant pressure, idk how to replicate it and i dont care to know how!!

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:38 pm

btw, i'd like to apologize....i'm not trying to make it seem like i lost bc of how nexus played!! i lost bc game started to lag!! i lost bc i didnt do enough to score 1 more time!! i lost bc i didnt do enough to move the ball!!

i didnt lose bc nexus plays man cov d all game...i just like to point out the fact that it's all i see these days and it makes for a sorry game experience!!

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:56 pm

tony87blue wrote:btw, i'd like to apologize....i'm not trying to make it seem like i lost bc of how nexus played!! i lost bc game started to lag!! i lost bc i didnt do enough to score 1 more time!! i lost bc i didnt do enough to move the ball!!

i didnt lose bc nexus plays man cov d all game...i just like to point out the fact that it's all i see these days and it makes for a sorry game experience!!

we both lagged, but you got the shorter end of the stick...
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:02 pm

mjfutures wrote: or the best one is "my cousin was playing for me"

lol i assume that last one is talking about me??....from months ago. I wouldnt say it if it didnt happen. Only so much of this game i wanna play. I'd be gone in a heartbeat if i had my ravens reserved for M12. & I know of at least a handful of people that would do the same. But I'll tough it out since that wont be allowed. I think M12 will be worth it.

I think the biggest deal isnt the playing style of a lot of people. I have no problem w/ people playing man to man all game, bc there are a lot of teams in the NFL that run mostly man or mostly zone. I think the problem is that EA screwed it up b/c player overalls dont matter. Ed Reed getting burnt multiple times a game by some scrub WR, or him dropping 9/10 INT's right in his hand is just retarded. For the majority of this game, attributes & overalls dont matter, so it makes it pointless to try to build a team

If you look at Madden '10 then you saw a lot more competitiveness & chess match. You dont get that this year....there isnt near as much thinking about what the opponent is gonna do b/c you dont have to. This years Madden just messed up...& hopefully its fixed next year.

Last year people got burnt out, but not like this. It was just a better game in that aspect, & hopefully it gets fixed

zeemen

Post  zeemen on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Wow,

It's football and its madden. You are not supposed to win every game. Sometimes people just get out played. Funny how when people are winning they dont seem to say as much about the All Madden AI. We all know it's there and we all play with it. Again we have been over this the ratings dont mean squat on this level. You want ratings to mean more then it should have been left on all pro. Then you would have seen more players using rout running and different players not all having high speed and awr to be effective.

But the scores were out of hand so we changed the setting and now have defenders doing unreal things. I dont believe madden will get it right for m12 either. I voted for the all madden level but I will say that in all pro we all had our own play styles and it was much more fun using the plays in the playbooks.

It is tiresome and frustrating. But those who want to win are playing the way the all madden allows. Right or wrong it is a fact. Not fun but this is the level we are on. For those of us who lose a game....show some class and respect to the other league owners for pulling out a win. They had just as much to do with the win as an owner with the loss.

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:48 pm

zeemen wrote:You are not supposed to win every game.

**** YOU ZEE....I AM SUPPOSE TO WIN EVERY GAME!!! LMAO....

zeemen wrote:Sometimes people just get out played

RARELY happens to me LOL but on serious note there's a difference when you lose to something you can control and you get outplayed but not when you have a missed FG to end game bc of lag!

i went about this the wrong way mostly bc of the loss....like i said, i apologize to nexus for calling him out on something that is all over the league!! it's not just him, but i was just letting out my frustration with this stupid ass game and how boring it gets to see the same **** over and over bc i lost over a lag missed fg!! and winning isnt much better btw...its still the same ****, just it happens that i was able to make some plays to win but nexus does have a nice defense and he did what he needed to stop me!!

all the complaining aside...i will find myself in the last SB, GUARANTEE!!! barring some unwanted lag LOL

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 am