PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

da303hooligan

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  da303hooligan on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:12 am

Broncos visit Cleveland and come out with a 52-21 win. Orton was on fire throwing 14/15 for 287 yrds, 5 Tds and 0 INTs. Moreno rushed for over 100 yrds and Thomas had 100 yrds on only 4 receptions. On the other side of the ball the Denver D picked up right where the left off last season and welcomed back Newman to the line up. Both Champ and Newman had one INT each (Baileys for 6)and Dawkins replacement Darcel McBath got his first INT of the season. Denver will ship out to test the Panthers on their home field continuing their 3 game road trip before they finally get their home opener in week 4.

Good Game Dave, my D just has sticky fingers and just dug too deep too early.

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:31 am

The Titans lose their opener and despite losing star RB C Johnson, had a 21-14 lead in the 3rd until QB Young got injured and was out for the rest of the game. This could be a long season for the titans without CJ. GG Duggy

Young 17-23 222 yds 3 td's 0 int
Britt 7 rec 129 yds
D Morgan 6 tackles 4 tfl 2 sacks
Gambol-NOTHING!!! had 3 opportunities for sacks but he was too fast and I ended up over running the play twice and the 3rd Morgan got to him first.

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:44 am

Chargers open their season with a 27-14 win over the Bucs. Was a 27-7 game with 2 minutes left in the fourth, last TD was in garbage time. Chargers D played very well, forcing 3 interceptons, Tampa's only score in the first 3 quarters coming on a long bomb to Maclin who for some reason beat Cason right off the snap even though I wasn't in press. 4th overall pick Mario Moss had 5 tackles on the day and was all over the field. This kid is a beast and really helped solidify my D - he's gonna be real good. Rivers as usual was fantastic, completing 70% of his passes and throwing 0 picks. Chargers D only allowed 207 total yards and 7 first downs. GG mini

Some numbers:
Rivers: 19/27 291 yards 1 TD 0 INTs
Mathews: 21 atts 97 yards 1 TD
Gates: 5 recs 105 yards 1 TD
WRs Jackson and Davis had 4 receptions each as well
Nealy: 2 INTs 6 tackles

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:16 am

eagles win over bengals 34-18. eagles shut out the bengals in the first half but the 2nd half a few big plays later and the bengals have points on the board. eagles defense played very well for once in there lives...kelly gregg helped the middle a TON while matthews shut down the run game early with 5 tackles in the first few drives. my secondary even tho is not amazing ovl is 10000000000times better and alot quicker then last year and other then a few big pass plays and good stick moves held the pass game in check. now to the offense....rookie QB parris = STUD...numbers were not great but 0 turnovers 10-19 243yds 2tds 0 ints...mccoy had a huge day 18 for 182 1td and rook rb went 5 for 51 and also fallin foward like he is supposed to. i spread the ball around to all my wrs i believe djax had 4-104 scott 2 61ish edwards 2 40ish and celek & mccoy adding 1 catch. great clean game heineken and good luck the rest of the year .....next up ...grundle...

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:26 am

hcaicedo24 wrote:The Titans lose their opener and despite losing star RB C Johnson, had a 21-14 lead in the 3rd until QB Young got injured and was out for the rest of the game. This could be a long season for the titans without CJ. GG Duggy

Young 17-23 222 yds 3 td's 0 int
Britt 7 rec 129 yds
D Morgan 6 tackles 4 tfl 2 sacks
Gambol-NOTHING!!! had 3 opportunities for sacks but he was too fast and I ended up over running the play twice and the 3rd Morgan got to him first.

GG hcaicedo. You had about as unlucky game as one could have my friend. But hey, i'll take a lil luck as the MXL Colts finally get a win over a divisional opponent other than the Texans. CJ has been a thorn in my side forever, but i've learned how to deal with him......Injure his ass for 8 weeks on the opening drive!!
The New-Look Colt defense played well, other than the 2nd quarter when they allowed all 21 of the Titans points. One drive right before the half was waaaaaaay too easy for the Titans.

Defense:
Mayo- 4 tck 1 sack
Storm - 3 tck, all for loss or no gain
Bethea - 1 int, 1 FR
Hughes - 1 sack

Offense:
Manning-18-29 314 yards 2TD/2INT
Collie - 4 rec./173 TD
Clark- 4 rec/58 yds

Rushing game was basically non existent, despite three rushing TDs (one each by Brown, Addai, and Focus (R)

take a photo of those standings boys!!!!!
alien

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:06 pm

Season 2 MVP isn't on the banner? =/

"Why isn't my picture up there?"

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Egnited wrote:Season 2 MVP isn't on the banner? =/

"Why isn't my picture up there?"

lol, that's pretty funny

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:11 pm

carolina opens up the season with a huge dvision win verse the saints...45-17.

the story of the game was rookie p.boates, getting 9 offensive touches for 132 yards and 2tds (82 rush, 50 receving)

carolina defense was all over brees...forcing 2 picks and causing a fumble on cole's second sack. almost all of saints offense came from short/quick passes to the rbs. (15 of 22 completions)....fb h.evans being the most dangerous...by far.

key stats:
d.will 16/120+ td
p.boates 9/132 2td
clausen 14/16 203 3td
cole 2 sacks

h.evans 5rec/73 td
brees 22/38 326 3td 2int
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Steelers open the season with a loss 42-35 to the Raiders. Finally found some offense, but my defense decided to not show up and was just standing around watching players catch balls and forgot how to tackle...lol

Good game except for the 10% HB flat passes that i just can't seem to cover.

My schedule is looking very rough this year also.

I have 7 play off teams to face:

Giants
Cowboys
Chargers
Chiefs
Bengals x2
Eagles
Broncos

I also have division rival Ravens for 2 games and the 2 other AFC teams that just missed the playoffs in the Raiders & Texans.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:40 pm

ViperX24 wrote:Steelers open the season with a loss 42-35 to the Raiders. Finally found some offense, but my defense decided to not show up and was just standing around watching players catch balls and forgot how to tackle...lol

Good game except for the 10% HB flat passes that i just can't seem to cover.

My schedule is looking very rough this year also.

I have 7 play off teams to face:

Giants
Cowboys
Chargers
Chiefs
Bengals x2
Eagles
Broncos

I also have division rival Ravens for 2 games and the 2 other AFC teams that just missed the playoffs in the Raiders & Texans.

Welcome to my season from last year. Where only 3 of the 16 games I played were against teams with a losing record. Packers, Lions, and Bucs.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:22 pm

.Fall3nAng3l224 wrote:Despite a few turnovers by Stafford, The Lions are able to pull off the victory in a rainy downpour against the Jags. Great Game, John. All of the Qbs experienced several overthrows, which made throwing the ball, difficult. Each offense had a decent run game, then being up in the 4th I think threw John of his gameplan. The adding of MCcain and Turner proved to benefit the Lions as both guys made a difference in this game. The Lions look forward to their divisional game against the bears.

Some Stats -
AP - 18 attempts for 184 yards with 2 TDs.
CJ JR - 6 catches for 118 yards and a TD.
Mccain - 5 tackles with 1 INT.
Turner(Rookie) - 6 tackles with 2 sacks.
MJD - 11 attemots for 110 yards with a TD.
G. Alexander - 8 tackles.

lol. that is why u are a tough opponent... My gameplan was different, but it was actually on purpose... i found myself early on when i was down 14-0 trying to not let it get too out of hand so i went back to mjd to keep it respectable. Since i got a rookie wr that is pretty good and all my wrs went up last year.. i was trying out a slightly new offensive scheme... but i found myself getting into 3rd and longs and i had to try and get these first downs.... I'm glad i played your zone tho... it showed that my qb (rookie) isnt quite ready to be a slanger..... I guess we will have to ride drew a lil more this year.. GOOD BEATDOWN......

p.s. (i wanted that rookie safety too lol)
john5153

Post  john5153 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:24 pm

love the first few weeks reads.... get to know everyone's team and it is interesting the rookies that have IMMEDIATE IMPACT
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:50 pm

well the Ravens get their asses kicked in Buffalo. I was really hoping that my team would come out a little bit better than they did. It's amazing how stacked my team is but yet they kinda play like retards

Defensively my players are in position all game long but make no plays. Ed Reed misses INT's, St. Saint missed an INT that my grandpa could make, Ray Lewis misses 5 tackles (i begin to wonder why he came back for another yr), Zibby just sits there while the WR's or HB's catch the ball. & no damn pass rush all game it felt like

Offensively Joe Flacco is a 92 ovr but overthrows 5 yd slants by 5 yds that get intercepted. My WR's drop passes all day long, & if they dont then they just let the ball bounce off their helmets.

Freaking annoying & i hope it gets better. I usually dont get on here & bitch when I lose, but this game just made me mad. Which may be a good sign b/c I havent had that much emotion in a game since Madden '10....now my players just need to feel that damn emotion & play lol

GG Northface....I'm bitter but I guess you deserved the win. You're QB plays like a god. I think him & Flacco switched teams before the game
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:56 pm

PapaH25 wrote:well the Ravens get their asses kicked in Buffalo. I was really hoping that my team would come out a little bit better than they did. It's amazing how stacked my team is but yet they kinda play like retards

Defensively my players are in position all game long but make no plays. Ed Reed misses INT's, St. Saint missed an INT that my grandpa could make, Ray Lewis misses 5 tackles (i begin to wonder why he came back for another yr), Zibby just sits there while the WR's or HB's catch the ball. & no damn pass rush all game it felt like

Offensively Joe Flacco is a 92 ovr but overthrows 5 yd slants by 5 yds that get intercepted. My WR's drop passes all day long, & if they dont then they just let the ball bounce off their helmets.

Freaking annoying & i hope it gets better. I usually dont get on here & bitch when I lose, but this game just made me mad. Which may be a good sign b/c I havent had that much emotion in a game since Madden '10....now my players just need to feel that damn emotion & play lol

GG Northface....I'm bitter but I guess you deserved the win. You're QB plays like a god. I think him & Flacco switched teams before the game

LOL...my defense played the same way.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:26 pm

LOL so did mine. I was wondering if anybody has had this problem or if its just me. When I'm on defense and engaged with an offensive player, my player just jumps for no reason WTF??? Same happens when I control a gunner on punt coverage yet whenever I actually try to jump with a player I'm controlling they never want to jump. Also, whenever I switch from a player I'm using to another, they momentarily stop and then move (ie usering a DE and then switching over to CB as ball is passed and in air)...
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's my controller but anybody else having this problem?

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:13 am

Cowboys start off Season 3 with a rather easy victory over the Giants 41-7. Cowboys defense created 5 turnovers while the offense didnt have any turnovers. Romo to Bryant looked as good as ever while Jones added 97yds rushing. GG DaBoss, see ya in New York.

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Patriots start off the season on the right foot. New 4-3 defense looks real tough..

Only let up 32yards rushing and kept the cards to 2 for 7 on third down and a big 4th down stop on my 30 yard line which set up a 15 yard pass to Moss for the TD.

There was like 4 mins left in the game I was up 28-14 and he went for the FG on 4th n 3 from about the 30 yard line... I didn't get why he would do that since it was a two possession game but none the less the FG king missed it. GG praph not sure what the FG was for when you were down by 2
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:33 pm

nexus24 wrote:Patriots start off the season on the right foot. New 4-3 defense looks real tough..

Only let up 32yards rushing and kept the cards to 2 for 7 on third down and a big 4th down stop on my 30 yard line which set up a 15 yard pass to Moss for the TD.

There was like 4 mins left in the game I was up 28-14 and he went for the FG on 4th n 3 from about the 30 yard line... I didn't get why he would do that since it was a two possession game but none the less the FG king missed it. GG praph not sure what the FG was for when you were down by 2

he is walking on eggshells and doesn't want to get booted!...lol so he is being super safe.

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:40 pm

ahhhah but still when your down in the 4th with 4mins to go, you can go for it on 4th n 3 lol has he read the rules?
NCballa05

Post  NCballa05 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Well the Rams fall short agains Bears in 31-24 defeat. St. Louis fans had a brief scare as Sammy B. was injured. He returned to action thankfully but was unable to lead the Rams 86 yards down the field w/ no timeouts and 56 seconds left.It was a great effort but I am happy with the way my defense has played as they look much improved from last year. Great news is nobody was hurt!

Some Stats:
S. Bradford 16-27 243yds 1 TD 0
C. Greenway (Deubt) 3 Tackles
J. Laurinaitis 3 Tackles
F. Robbins (DT) 2 Sacks
C. Long (RE) 1 Sack

GG. Rash even though I lost it was nowhere near the ass kickin i took from you last year!
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Very good game vs NCballa. It came down to the last second as a Hail Mary deflection was almost caught.

Bears played good.
Rams played good.

-Major Wright was putting a pounding with some hard hits.
-Jay Cutler did not force anything, although was sacked 4 times
-No injuries for either team. No turnovers for either team.

Player of the game = KR/PR Devin Hester
--101 yard kickoff return for touchdown to give Bears 14-3 lead in 1st half.
-- 88 yard punt return for touchdown to give Bears go ahead 31-24 lead in 2nd half.

Final Score: 31-24 Bears.

And Oh by the way... this never gets old...

"Thanks Coach"

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Colts lose a tough one to Houston, 30-25. Great game by both teams really. One controversial play....Manning drops back and throws as he's hit, but it's ruled a fumble as always (you know the play sequence i'm talking about). Fight for the fumble and it says Texans recover. However, Colts remain on offense AND it's still first down?? So basically, i don't think it shoulda been a fumble in the first place, but since it was they shoulda gave it to HTOWN like they said. BUT, since they gave it back to the Colts, it shoulda been second down!! lol EA is retarded.

Any who back to the game. Colts are down 21-13 at half and pull to within two on first second half drive. Houston drives (all AJ all Day!...******), but Indy holds to a FG. 24-19. Manning and the boys drive, but Manning throws a pick in the red zone. A few plays into the drive, Colts return the favor and pick off Shaub. Next play is a TD to Reggie Wayne and the Colts are up 25-24 (2pt attempt failed). Texans come right back and score on a long pass as coach duggydee had guys alllll kinds of out-of-position....oops. With a little over a minute left, the Colts have the ball down 5. On the first pass, Manning hits collie and he's got green field ahead. He's at the 10, the 5, the 1, he....FUMBLES!!!! Texans recover, game over. GG HTOWN.

On the bright side, this was one of the best game i ever played with Manning. 18-21 439 yds 3 TDS 1 int. The interception was on a great user pick by HTOWN.

Defense played ok, but had no answer for AJ. The plan was to knock him out of the game like CJ.....didn't happen. I hardly tackled him, lol.

Hey, still in first place!!! eh Rolling Eyes
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:41 pm

quote of the night...

[10:15:02] @ tony87blue : bu11 is a god

10X MXL SUPER BOWL CHAMPION

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:46 pm

cowboys win wk 2 vs Saints in a very tough close game. 38-26!!

once again, i apologize for unnecessary int td there late ang....it was pure instinct to run. i didnt think.

back to our conversation about R. Bush....

i'm not sure if it's called substitutions or depth chart but there's a thread in general board of acceptable positions for players to be.

like i said, HB is allowed at WR as long as it's from formation subs NOT to be having a HB as your #1, 2, 3, etc etc!!

you probably ran that "4 WR" formation before i noticed it and it only came to my attention b/c it said 4 wr 1 hb on play selection and you came out with Bush @ WR....i just had to check your depth. and look what i found? bush as #4 is not acceptable.

use formation subs and you can do that but not from your depth.

as far as your falcons reference....all i remember is you asking about it and i remember telling you that it happens as long as it's not from depth.

SO TO ANYONE WITH A HB AT WR ON DEPTH......GET THEM OFF FROM THAT POSITION!! HB's play HB with occasional WR substitution.

btw, i had so much success stopping passes to Bradshaw yet i couldnt figure out how to stop your constant, probably 80% of your pass attempts, passes to Evans, Thomas, or Bush!!

good luck rest of season.

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:41 am

Panthers roll through denver at home 42-17.

It looked ugly early for denver as the panthers scored the first 21 points. In the 3rd qtr clausen made 2 crucial errors by throwing the ball at champ bailey which resulted in 2 interceptions and 1 being a pick 6. After that denvers defense woke up some and began to stuff the run. However..carolina was still able to hold onto the ball and score a couple times in the second half.

The carolina defense has looked fantastic through the first 2 weeks (week 1 gave up 300+ pass yards, but a 73 yard h.evans td was during garbage time). Most impressive has been the less then 50 rushing yards allowed...

Let's hope carolina can keep it going for a second division title and possibly a bye week

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:15 pm