PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Bu11ze1

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Bu11ze1 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Vikings beat the Jaguars in a nasty rainstorm. GG John.
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:36 pm

I think we need to reevaluate the 4th down rule when trailing in the 4th qtr. I feel like it's being abused. Was in a gm, winning the whole gm and in the 4th qtr, up by 3, with 8 minutes left in the gm my opponent goes for a 4th and 1 from his 35yd line. Really? I know it's up to me to stop it but that was the 2nd 4th down attempt of the gm. He converts. Drives down to score and it changed the game completely. My tm fell apart after that turning the ball over 3 times in a row while attempting to come back. I don't know about everybody else, well,almost everybody else but In a 3pt gm with 8 minutes to go I don't think a person should have free choice to just go for 4th downs anytime. Especially form their own side of the field. If nobody else opposes this then it's on... And so is the dimise of the league IMO. I know 1 thing, if by chance I see this player again in the playoffs, don't be suprised if I play like an online ranked child against you and say " it was an accident" or "I don't know what plays I'm picking and don't know formations."
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 pm

HTOWNFIRE wrote:I think we need to reevaluate the 4th down rule when trailing in the 4th qtr. I feel like it's being abused. Was in a gm, winning the whole gm and in the 4th qtr, up by 3, with 8 minutes left in the gm my opponent goes for a 4th and 1 from his 35yd line. Really? I know it's up to me to stop it but that was the 2nd 4th down attempt of the gm. He converts. Drives down to score and it changed the game completely. My tm fell apart after that turning the ball over 3 times in a row while attempting to come back. I don't know about everybody else, well,almost everybody else but In a 3pt gm with 8 minutes to go I don't think a person should have free choice to just go for 4th downs anytime. Especially form their own side of the field. If nobody else opposes this then it's on... And so is the dimise of the league IMO. I know 1 thing, if by chance I see this player again in the playoffs, don't be suprised if I play like an online ranked child against you and say " it was an accident" or "I don't know what plays I'm picking and don't know formations."

The Rules state:

-4th down
4th and less than 3 allowed AND CAN'T if you are not 10yds from 50 (40yd line)
if losing in 4th quarter, obviously allowed

I do agree it is sometimes abused due to a grey area as it changes the momentum of the game sometimes.

My biggest question is this though. I had a player on 4th down do a fake punt run and get the first down then on the same drive he goes for it on 4th and 1 and ends up scoring. So are you allowed to go for it twice on a drive in the 3rd qtr because one is a fake and the other is a 4th down attempt??..lol

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:53 pm

As far as your question,no! It's before the 4th qtr and that was the 2nd attempt! But from now on, if I'm down 1,2,3 pts or 20 with anytime left in the 4th qtr(which is 9mins long) from ANYWHERE I will definately feel free to play completely unsim and go for it at will. No matter how much time is on the clock. Joke! And that is whats being abused! 9 mins left in a 3pt gm and it's cool to just go for 4th downs from anywhere on the field because it's the 4th? BS... Total BS. It's abuse and shouldn't be tolerated.
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:59 pm

I agree, that's a punt situation. Sometimes I wonder if the owners even watch football.
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Like i said before and i'll say it again. The rules need to be rewritten in greater detail as there is too much grey area there. With more detailed rules it's easier to regulate and replace owners as need to be. There also has to be video evidence to prove this situation and not just go on word of mouth unless we get 3 or more people complaining of the same owner.

The rule states:

-4th down
4th and less than 3 allowed AND CAN'T if you are not 10yds from 50 (40yd line)
if losing in 4th quarter, obviously allowed
*** It only says if you are losing in the 4th qtr and doesn’t give a timeline either. So if a owner wants to go for it on 4th and 1 with 8 mins left in the game he has every right too because the rule states he can even if it’s only 3 points. About 10% percent of NFL teams might actually try this but it’s not common.

Another issue we have here is this which I already asked Tony about.

The rules state:

Substitution:
QB : QB
RB: RB
FB: FB or TE
WR: WR/TE/RB
TE: TE, FB, or I think even T/LB/DT are allowed
OL: T, G, C
DL: DT, DE/OLB
LB: LB or S
DB: DB/S
K/P: K/P

So you come out in 4 WR and audible to say a I-formation pass play and it puts the WR at FB or TE. Now due to the accel clock you don’t have time to audible back and have to run the play, take a delay of game or call a timeout. Well these are all “GAME CHANGERS” depending on the situation in the game.

- If I call a timeout I lose one
- If I take a delay of game I lose yardage
- If I run the play and make a huge gain out of it you get blasted for cheating

So there is no win situation. You can get really anal on this topic if you want though. You can say make all your audible’s from the same formation so that doesn’t happen or you can’t audible at all which again are limiting the play of the game and could cost you a victory.
This is a video game and there is so much grey area in the rules and the game it’s really hard to dictate what is right and what is not allowed.

A lot of owners get caught up in Ranked games and bring that bullshit here forgetting about the rules.

If you just play the game like they do on TV in real NFL then you should be ok.

SO before you go and make so wild play ask yourself this - would a real NFL team do this in a real game???

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

john5153

Post  john5153 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:05 pm

realism is in the eye of the beholder.... lol anyway... just play it fair...know your opponent and go from there.... the 4th qtr... down by 3... with half the qtr left... we should punt... now when someone goes for it on 4th down once and the situation comes up again.... i almost expect them to go for it again... 4th down rules probably could be changed a lil... but we cant cover for every situation...... If u down 2 scores with 7 mins left... accel clock.. i expect u to go for it.... i can get da ball and run 3 plays and be cheap.... me personally, i try not to run da clock until 2 mins left...... but if im down 2 tds with 7 or 6 mins left.... i am in no huddle and hurrying up.... but 3 points? naw........
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Don't forget in this situation he was on HIS 35. And half the Qtr? Try %85...
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:43 pm

I feel its on me to stop it but I don't want to see this everytime I'm winning a close gm. But if we agree it stays as is I'll never speak of it again and do better at stopping that arcade, Blitz, video gm football. Remember. It's a SIM league to avoid that kind of football. We're trying to emulate the NFL and realism of game situations as much as possible.
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Broncos win another in ATL. 7 of the first 8 games for the Broncos are on the road and so far are doing pretty well with a 5-1 record. The team and especially the fans in Denver cannot wait until the team plays 7 of the last 8 games at home. Denver prepares to take on their division rival Chargers at Quallcomm next week. GG Fireice.

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:05 am

chiefs are not out of the play offs

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:48 am

the chief are not looking to develop their young tallent and asset them for the rest of the year

B pot Spence will start at Re
Malcom Kelly will be the number 2 Wr behind Dexter Mccluster

we will still roll with sneed hoping he makes some better throws
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Vikings win, GG Duggy
john5153

Post  john5153 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:19 pm

hcaicedo24 wrote:Titans lose again game started 35-7 before the titans were able to make something happen on offense but then it was too late. Made a little comeback and closed the lead to 35-28 but AP could and calvin johnson could not be stopped. Gg fallen

Key stats:
Young 27-45 460 yds 5 td 1 int (end of game when it didn't matter) blount 5 car-35 yds 2 rec 54 yds td, forsett 1 car 8 yds 2 rec 20 yds.
Cook 9rec-61 td
Britt 6 rec-164 yds 2 tds
williams 5 rec-63 yards
belle 2-54 td
Defensively: morgan with a sack and finnegan and griffin with an int each
Lions: stafford a lot of tds, johnson a lot of yards 3tds, and peterson a lot of yards and 3 tds

yeah i was a witness to this first week... he hurt mathis too early first qtr..... i couldnt hang..... couldnt really slow him down..... with smith johnson and hines ward.. one of those gonna beat the coverage off the line on a given play every time...best bet is to hope he make an mistake.... and peterson..... **** dont get me started.. lol
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Egnited wrote:Anybody heard anything from Papa lately? Sent him a text yesterday but still no word from him =/

Yeah he is a little slow getting back to you. It took me 2 texts, a email and posting on the schedule to get a answer to play...lol

RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Bears pull out a home win against the visiting Seahawks.

Urlacher led the way for the Bears with a blocked FG and 2 Fumble Recoveries.

Bears 17-3 Seahawks
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:33 pm

"possible extension" - aka lets hold everyone up and **** schedules up for 1 game that had not even started.
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:03 pm

nexus24 wrote:I just wanted to give someone a present lol

Thanks Very Happy

RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:04 pm

10+ WR screens was not enough for Prap to beat Rash and Devin Hester. In a game that turned into an online ranked game in the 3rd/4th quarter, Offensive Coordinator Rash and his "play" proved to be cheesier than Prap and his weak WR screens.

Hester continued his contributions to the Hall of Fame with a 2nd quarter 87 yard punt returnTD and a 4th quarter Kickoff ReturnTD.

Lance Briggs managed to put an end to the WR screens when Prap had a chance to take the lead in his two minutes offense.

Maybe he gave up on the rest of his playbook when Julius Peppers started playing 'Hide and I go seek your ass.'

I must admit, it was a GG, only cause I won.
daboss_14

Post  daboss_14 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:23 am

Wow are the lions for real this year??
john5153

Post  john5153 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:27 am

daboss_14 wrote:Wow are the lions for real this year??

yeah they are.... i was wondering when he would put it together last year and make a run..... that offense is something else.. especially with route running hines ward in da slot.... good free agent pickup... i know i was at his mercy especially when he mathis went down early..... man wish i could play my games! yall dont be beating up on my jags now!
NCballa05

Post  NCballa05 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

ST. Louie Rolls past NE Patriots in a 66-35 thrashing. There were some questionable plays, but I felt on Nexus part but I haven't heard to much negative feedback on him so I will give him benefit of the doubt? (running to one hash and throwing to opposite side of field). Replay only shoes second half of it. There was also a play where there were 4-5 Running Backs on the field at once at wide out spots (tired receivers?). Besides that it was a close game until it fell apart in the 2nd half for the Pats. Defense stepped up led by Laurinaitis w/ 7 tackles 2 ast 1 TFL and 2 INT (5 total defensive INT's). Sam Bradford had the BEST game of his season completing 10 of 12 for 422 yards and 7 TDs 0 INTs(nominee for Player of the Week?). Time to forget about that game and get ready for dem der Eagles!!!
john5153

Post  john5153 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:54 pm

hcaicedo24 wrote:
john5153 wrote:yeah they are.... i was wondering when he would put it together last year and make a run..... that offense is something else.. especially with route running hines ward in da slot.... good free agent pickup... i know i was at his mercy especially when he mathis went down early..... man wish i could play my games! yall dont be beating up on my jags now!

Why can't you play your games? I was lookin forward to playing you and getting in another classic.

YLOD... wont be able to get another one until jan 14th... shitted out right after spending all that christmas money... lol
NCballa05

Post  NCballa05 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:20 pm

I can fix it for you but like it was already said it will happen again...but nobody knows how long it will last before it happens again...and dont put it in the f'n oven haha..but i am serious if you pay for the shipping and shoot me 10 i will fix it for ya
john5153

Post  john5153 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:15 pm

cool..... imma email u and we can work something out

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:36 am