PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

Log in

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2


SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Share
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:20 am

11-0...... Jags itching ever so close to an undefeated season as they beat their much hated rival, the texans. This game was dominated by jaguar's 5 interceptions and Josh Johnson's surprisingly accurate display. Josh did have 2 turnovers (1 int and 1 fumble) but was 13-17 and the pass when needed. Mo Drew is quietly putting together his best season in 2 years as he goes for over 100 yards again. Drew has had 90+ yards in 7 or the last week highlighted by an 183 yard performance in week 5. gg htown
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:24 am

ViperX24 wrote:
PapaH25 wrote:Ravens get owned by the RB zig-zagging chiefs. I realized quickly why I dont like this game....b/c attributes dont matter. I watched Haloti Ngata get owned by 73 ovr o-linemen all game. Chiefs o-line dominated....my d-line sucked. Weird how this game works

Other than that, I just straight up got my ass kicked.....thanks DG

Welcome to my world...lol Interesting how we have the Chiefs, Bucs, Lions & Redskins with some Superstar 65 ovr and below players smoking 90 ovr rated players.

I watched some teams this past offseason trade away high rated players to get a bunch of fast low rated D players.


i know right? that is when the trading got a lil wierd...... but will say switching it up on defense works for me.... i do plays i dont even will think will work just for the sake of giving different looks on d..... offense too....

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:51 am

falcons get the win in ot vs the bucs. i wish my team played as good all year as they did these past two division wins. However, i agree with john i was doing random plays as well, that i would think wouldnt work.
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:04 am

john5153 wrote:
ViperX24 wrote:
PapaH25 wrote:Ravens get owned by the RB zig-zagging chiefs. I realized quickly why I dont like this game....b/c attributes dont matter. I watched Haloti Ngata get owned by 73 ovr o-linemen all game. Chiefs o-line dominated....my d-line sucked. Weird how this game works

Other than that, I just straight up got my ass kicked.....thanks DG

Welcome to my world...lol Interesting how we have the Chiefs, Bucs, Lions & Redskins with some Superstar 65 ovr and below players smoking 90 ovr rated players.

I watched some teams this past offseason trade away high rated players to get a bunch of fast low rated D players.


i know right? that is when the trading got a lil wierd...... but will say switching it up on defense works for me.... i do plays i dont even will think will work just for the sake of giving different looks on d..... offense too....

Yeah i've been switching it up also, but everyone LOVES doing drag routes with those 65ovr "D" 95+ speed WR that just can't seem to be covered no matter what i call. In the beginning when madden came out everyone always tried to throw deep well now the new trend is 5 yards or less completed passes and then just run with the fast WR.


__________________________________________________________________________________________________



"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."


avatar
zeemen

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 40
Location : NH

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  zeemen on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 am

Ya I aggree, swiching things up is better. I have been playing 50/50 man zone for awhile now and having good success. Also it looks like all the superbowl winners in many leagues are teams that play a lot of man and zone. I have played some that still play man all game. It makes me wounder if they are scared to play zone bc they do not have enough knowledge on how to play zone or they just like the easy way of "well man works in this game mostly". It takes the enjoyment away when playing these type of players bc after the huddle i already know what the D is doing. I dont get the fun of trying to read and beat a defense. Also what I dont get is when you are throttling an opponent bc they are playing man to man all game and obviously their man D is getting torched but they keep coming out in it and not switching to something different. I just dont get it.
avatar
Minicola

Posts : 387
Join date : 2010-07-13

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Minicola on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 pm

bucs suck
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:45 pm

All I know is %99 of the picks I've thrown have been against man and apparantly Terrance Wheatley owns Andre Johnson... Game is an absolute joke. Just bareley even able to go through the motions and finish off this POS of a gm
avatar
RASHOwneD

Posts : 302
Join date : 2009-12-13
Location : Chicago City

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  RASHOwneD on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Andre Johnson is 6 years older. Yall keep forgetting we in the year 2017
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Lol! Go compare the 2 rash
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 pm

HTOWNFIRE wrote:All I know is %99 of the picks I've thrown have been against man and apparantly Terrance Wheatley owns Andre Johnson... Game is an absolute joke. Just bareley even able to go through the motions and finish off this POS of a gm



lol wheatley a beast son! but on the real... i play zone and i have tried to learn to play with several different defenders... even corners sometimes.... u got to be able to take away the gaps... but u got to know your gaps when u run the zone..... most people dont run zone enough to know where the first or second pass should go..... i mean sometimes,u gonna get burned.... just face it..... especially when u zone blitz... they wont get there, and the pass is complete.. when someone runs man to man... u only can really do crossing routes because if you have top wrs... they dont get open enough that u would have confidence to do ins, outs curls and quick slants...
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:59 pm

I know you do john... Not bitching about your gm. Just saying I throw most of my ints against man. And I'm breaking records for Ints!
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:04 pm

HTOWNFIRE wrote:I know you do john... Not bitching about your gm. Just saying I throw most of my ints against man. And I'm breaking records for Ints!

my bad, it came off like i was trying to defend myself... naw i wasnt doing that... i was just really piggybacking off of zeemen's statement. lol that was alot of pics last game.. i never remember u throwing that much with schaub tho.......
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 am

I don't get it? Maybe I'm inadvertantly hit the precision passing stick or just don't need to use it at all. Every pass I seem to throw there's a defender in my wr's hip pocket.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 am

HTOWNFIRE wrote:I don't get it? Maybe I'm inadvertantly hit the precision passing stick or just don't need to use it at all. Every pass I seem to throw there's a defender in my wr's hip pocket.

HTOWN, the reason you throw int's is because YOU SUCK!!!

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Ohhhhh how I love injuries..

RE KC williams out for the season.

WR B. tate out for 7 weeks no shocker here he hasnt been able to get through one whole season without a broken collarbone.

CB D. Butler 6 weeks for a broken collarbone as well.

sigh this season is just falling apart on me silent

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:50 pm

nexus24 wrote:Ohhhhh how I love injuries..

RE KC williams out for the season.

WR B. tate out for 7 weeks no shocker here he hasnt been able to get through one whole season without a broken collarbone.

CB D. Butler 6 weeks for a broken collarbone as well.

sigh this season is just falling apart on me silent

OUCH!!! definitely sucks to be you...so far i've been lucky not to lose too many players, SS LaVain (returns for playoffs) and RT St. John (out for rest of season) are the 2 players out for me. Hopefully it stays that way too!!
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:40 pm

This is hella funny....



__________________________________________________________________________________________________



"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."


avatar
Bu11ze1

Posts : 416
Join date : 2009-12-01

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Bu11ze1 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Hope you are all ready for this!

Sponsored content

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:48 am