PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

Log in

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2


SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Share
avatar
DaShaolinGambino

Posts : 101
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Dallas

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  DaShaolinGambino on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:53 pm

HTOWNFIRE wrote:I played a gm yesterday and it was tied 28 all in the 4th with around 1:30 left. I stopped my opponent leaving him with 4th and 4 on his 41yd line, he goes for it. This is a punt situation in our "sim" league. Like an online rnkd opponent, he goes for it and I stop him. I ended up losing in overtime because I got too conservative after the turnover on downs. The reason we have rules is so this BS doesn't take place. No NFL tm would do that. When the PAT's went for it against the Colts on their side of the field is was 4th and 1 and Belichek was criticised and still is to this day. It's not SIM and the rules state it's not allowed. We are part of this LG so we don't have to deal with this very thing.

4th down
4th and less than 3 allowed AND CAN'T if you are not 10yds from 50 (40yd line)
if losing in 4th quarter, obviously allowed


Why people are being allowed to break rules is a mystery to me.

Why yu even complaining? I went for it, failed, YOU SCORED THE FOLLOWING DRIVE, me going for it and failing put yu in a better position to score...think about it...and I ended up winning in OT...had nothing to do with that 4th down attempt...yu jus bitching just to bitch...I couldnt stop yu on O so I took a chance...it was not unsim...but I guess...something is always wrong these days...bitch on
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:43 pm

I'm trying to protect why this league was started... I know it finally had nothing to do with the outcome but when people start playing like online ranked 8yr olds because they get stopped on O and decide to make an unrealistic decision to go for it on 4th down in their own territory I'm going to say something... Not a "bitch" just saying this is a SIM league and what you did wasn't.
avatar
DaShaolinGambino

Posts : 101
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Dallas

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  DaShaolinGambino on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:23 am

Game was on the line...I played aggressive...Of COURSE I could go for it in my own terrirory...it only hurts me more if I do...if I was past the 50 it would be different...instead of tryna nitpick about a insignificant play worry about other things more important.

I was the victim of numerous people taking chances on me last season...I tried to take more chances in my games this season and unforunately I lost two of them when I took the same chance I took against yu...nothing about it was unsim...yu jus finding something to bitch about...which is something I would expect from yu honestly...if I am wrong for going for it on 4th and in my own territory someone besides Houston Fire please let me know

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:36 am

DaShaolinGambino wrote:if I am wrong for going for it on 4th and in my own territory someone besides Houston Fire please let me know

i know where htown is coming from...the rules do technically say 4th and less than 3. however, i've told him i do not believe you were in the wrong with the game on the line like that. you made a choice/risk to attempt and continue your drive to win the game. maybe you didnt feel comfortable with your defense, maybe you were confident you could convert, idk and it really doesnt matter. you made a reasonable choice imo and it wasnt unrealistic...i'd understand if it were a 4th and 8 or 4th and 13!
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:59 pm

It's good to see you are so proud of that 1st Super Bowl Loss that you have it in your signature Tony...lol

I mean congrats making it there, but being proud to lose is something else.

MXL Super Bowl III
42 :jag:
27 :dal2:


__________________________________________________________________________________________________



"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."


avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 pm

ViperX24 wrote:It's good to see you are so proud of that 1st Super Bowl Loss that you have it in your signature Tony...lol

I mean congrats making it there, but being proud to lose is something else.

MXL Super Bowl III
42 :jag:
27 :dal2:


i take some credit for that... lol

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:41 am

ViperX24 wrote:It's good to see you are so proud of that 1st Super Bowl Loss that you have it in your signature Tony...lol

I mean congrats making it there, but being proud to lose is something else.

MXL Super Bowl III
42 :jag:
27 :dal2:

NO SHAME HERE!!!! It's been there for a while now....
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:31 pm

in my own territory someone besides Houston Fire please let me know

Lol! What are you??? An Italian monk?
avatar
DaShaolinGambino

Posts : 101
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Dallas

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  DaShaolinGambino on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:29 pm

HTOWNFIRE wrote:in my own territory someone besides Houston Fire please let me know

Lol! What are you??? An Italian monk?

You got to be on some new level of stupidity undiscovered. Imma jus end it on GG and see yu next time
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:38 pm

DaShaolinGambino wrote:
HTOWNFIRE wrote:in my own territory someone besides Houston Fire please let me know

Lol! What are you??? An Italian monk?

You got to be on some new level of stupidity undiscovered. Imma jus end it on GG and see yu next time

You too just made the next best rivalry in MXL for Madden 12...lol

Top rivalries for Madden 12

1. Steelers - Ravens

2. Jags - Texans


__________________________________________________________________________________________________



"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."


avatar
Minicola

Posts : 387
Join date : 2010-07-13

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Minicola on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:38 pm

steelers - ravens = who cares about sim games
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:07 am

Steelers lose the turnover battle and get beat down by the Bungles.


__________________________________________________________________________________________________



"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."


avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:33 pm

ViperX24 wrote:
DaShaolinGambino wrote:
HTOWNFIRE wrote:in my own territory someone besides Houston Fire please let me know

Lol! What are you??? An Italian monk?

You got to be on some new level of stupidity undiscovered. Imma jus end it on GG and see yu next time

You too just made the next best rivalry in MXL for Madden 12...lol

Top rivalries for Madden 12

1. Steelers - Ravens

2. Jags - Texans

yeah easily.... jags and texans been a rivalry for a while.... madden 10 it was on and poppin.... dash you gotta represent because will bring it! yall remember falcons and panthers? good rivalry there.......

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:02 pm

I may not make the playoffs but I do believe I set a new standard for total domination against the Bears by winning 30-10. I held the ball for 31:47 of the possible 40 minutes of game time, forced 3 TO's, had 3 sacks and just controlled the game.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:10 pm

PWn3DvILl3 wrote:I may not make the playoffs but I do believe I set a new standard for total domination against the Bears by winning 30-10. I held the ball for 31:47 of the possible 40 minutes of game time, forced 3 TO's, had 3 sacks and just controlled the game.
tI impressive

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:17 pm

I was just wondering, does anyone know how different the new madden is going to be?
avatar
Bu11ze1

Posts : 416
Join date : 2009-12-01

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Bu11ze1 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:39 am

PRAPHACI wrote:I was just wondering, does anyone know how different the new madden is going to be?

yes, we've all been playing it for a month now, where have you been?
avatar
zeemen

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 40
Location : NH

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  zeemen on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:00 am

Well as always we are all hoping for a complete madden game. As they have promised us for the last two years, the online franchise is going to be the same. EA said they were going to add the new features like in offline franchise but they didnt. Yes like every year they will tweak the gameplay some and graphics. But overall we will be let down and there is an outrage going on about the promises that EA makes to us every year just to get us to buy the game. We are forced to buy the game bc there is nothing else.

As always we all look forward to a new game but already it looks like we are paying for an updated game in the visuals department but the game will prove to only have major changes in the offline mode. Which sucks bc playing the cpu really is boring. Everyone wanted the online franchise to be upgraded but we got nothing. Just like in m10 and m11 we are fired up for a bit but the game will die quickly bc the online mode that we all love is the same and will give us the same frustrating problems.

Some of the NCAA rating scores are 8.0 and below. (not a good sign for madden) They are finding many glitchy problems already. Yes it's a better game then last year but this all feels like EA could have made the game in year 2008 or so not year 2012.

Dont mean to give you all negetive feedback. Some parts of the game will look and play well. But when EA drops the ball year in and year out giving us stuff we dont need, it gets a lil frustrating. Also look for the same AI cheepness on the all madden level again. They have not addressed the AI game play that much.
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:41 am

zeemen wrote:Well as always we are all hoping for a complete madden game. As they have promised us for the last two years, the online franchise is going to be the same. EA said they were going to add the new features like in offline franchise but they didnt. Yes like every year they will tweak the gameplay some and graphics. But overall we will be let down and there is an outrage going on about the promises that EA makes to us every year just to get us to buy the game. We are forced to buy the game bc there is nothing else.

As always we all look forward to a new game but already it looks like we are paying for an updated game in the visuals department but the game will prove to only have major changes in the offline mode. Which sucks bc playing the cpu really is boring. Everyone wanted the online franchise to be upgraded but we got nothing. Just like in m10 and m11 we are fired up for a bit but the game will die quickly bc the online mode that we all love is the same and will give us the same frustrating problems.

Some of the NCAA rating scores are 8.0 and below. (not a good sign for madden) They are finding many glitchy problems already. Yes it's a better game then last year but this all feels like EA could have made the game in year 2008 or so not year 2012.

Dont mean to give you all negetive feedback. Some parts of the game will look and play well. But when EA drops the ball year in and year out giving us stuff we dont need, it gets a lil frustrating. Also look for the same AI cheepness on the all madden level again. They have not addressed the AI game play that much.

Have you checked out League Manager lately? I mean make a actual account and sign on and go through everything? They have really improved and got permission from EA to be part of Madden 12 that no other site has access too. With LM the online franchise is gonna be kick ass with all the options they have in place.

They have anonymous bidding for free agents

Draft pick trading

They have a Free agency rating system where it takes Potential and overall in figuring out a players worth.

These are just a few options.


__________________________________________________________________________________________________



"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."


avatar
zeemen

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 40
Location : NH

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  zeemen on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Yes viper I have read that but again my point is that we all have to use a 3'rd party site to have these features. Major BS. All these features should be in the game. So yes the league manager will help but damn, EA put it in the game. I swear I wish another company could get the rights to the NFL so that EA would be forced to put the items in the game that we have been bitching for for years.
avatar
PapaH25

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 31
Location : Oklahoma

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  PapaH25 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Ravens get owned by the RB zig-zagging chiefs. I realized quickly why I dont like this game....b/c attributes dont matter. I watched Haloti Ngata get owned by 73 ovr o-linemen all game. Chiefs o-line dominated....my d-line sucked. Weird how this game works

Other than that, I just straight up got my ass kicked.....thanks DG

dgfiasco

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-12-13
Age : 28

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  dgfiasco on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:02 pm

PapaH25 wrote:Ravens get owned by the RB zig-zagging chiefs. I realized quickly why I dont like this game....b/c attributes dont matter. I watched Haloti Ngata get owned by 73 ovr o-linemen all game. Chiefs o-line dominated....my d-line sucked. Weird how this game works

Other than that, I just straight up got my ass kicked.....thanks DG


Man u fucked my offense up ... Crompton was 3 for 10 Gg
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Josh Johnson had his best passing game of his career, going 9-14 for 266 yards 4 tds and no ints. Drew looked spry (again) with 118 yards on the ground. Big Brandon Jones chipped in with 56 yards. Bryan Mcknight was a deep threat this game, getting 146 yards on just 3 catches.... terrence wheatley once again led the team in tackles because he has been very good on special teams for most of the season.gg ravenfoxx
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:02 pm

PapaH25 wrote:Ravens get owned by the RB zig-zagging chiefs. I realized quickly why I dont like this game....b/c attributes dont matter. I watched Haloti Ngata get owned by 73 ovr o-linemen all game. Chiefs o-line dominated....my d-line sucked. Weird how this game works

Other than that, I just straight up got my ass kicked.....thanks DG

Welcome to my world...lol Interesting how we have the Chiefs, Bucs, Lions & Redskins with some Superstar 65 ovr and below players smoking 90 ovr rated players.

I watched some teams this past offseason trade away high rated players to get a bunch of fast low rated D players.


__________________________________________________________________________________________________



"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."


avatar
Minicola

Posts : 387
Join date : 2010-07-13

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Minicola on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Yes, I learned an awful truth, but was also to counter all the insane speed everyone (me included) have on offense.

Sponsored content

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:52 pm