PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:37 am

Chargers keep their playoff hopes alive after beating the Raiders 35-30. Chargers offense was pretty much unstoppable, only failing to score on a drive once after Rivers threw a pick 6 that put the Raiders up 14-7 in the 2nd...but Rivers would find his groove and go on to complete 75% of his passes, and throwing for 4 TDs.

Numbers:
Rivers: 19/25 281 yards 4 TDs 1 INT
Floyd: 7 receptions 116 yards
Heyward-Bey: 9 receptions 146 yards 1 TD
Campbell: 21/29 313 yards 3 TDs 1 INT

Rivers numbers for the season thus far:
239/366 (65%) 3782 yards 37 TDs 9 INTs

GG sixpack
john5153

Post  john5153 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:01 pm

yall just beating each other up eh? i see chiefs on a mission this year...... good turn around from last year....
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Vikings win and secure their bye (most likely) in the playoffs. The game's story was D (WHAT BULL HAD A D??) as they held d.will down to just 52 yards and sacked Clausen 4 times. GG Lucky.

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:28 pm

eagles win...34-24. mcnabb does enough to get the win. was a close game til the 4th quarter when eagles force a fumble and return it for a td...at 12-3 the eagles now clinch the division and possible 1st round bye. gg boss could have went either way...o and mccoy struggled again...has not done well towards the end of the year...we will see
NCballa05

Post  NCballa05 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:03 am

First and for most i want to say i got my ass handed to me by the Bears. My only complaint is one play where he manually used the Defensive End and played coverage on my receivers..Not a zone he chased a receiver on a slant all the way across the field. I thought that this was not allowed? I then asked him and his reply was "Peppers". the result was a pick 6. again this is not why i lost but just want to make sure that the lg is as sim as possible.I do know that Dline men drop into coverage but never seen one chase a receiver across the field. Am i wrong? besides that gr8 ass kickin Rash
daboss_14

Post  daboss_14 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:20 am

Giants are in trouble after a tough loss.....
john5153

Post  john5153 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:36 pm

NCballa05 wrote:First and for most i want to say i got my ass handed to me by the Bears. My only complaint is one play where he manually used the Defensive End and played coverage on my receivers..Not a zone he chased a receiver on a slant all the way across the field. I thought that this was not allowed? I then asked him and his reply was "Peppers". the result was a pick 6. again this is not why i lost but just want to make sure that the lg is as sim as possible.I do know that Dline men drop into coverage but never seen one chase a receiver across the field. Am i wrong? besides that gr8 ass kickin Rash

that is one of those.... "i got to see it" because if im dropping back because i have put peppers in coverage, u sound like u want him just because he is the end that he has to stay in a particular spot.... but at the sametime... im not going to be dropping peppers back 15 times a game..... Now disregard the last comment if we talking about 4th quarter and you are in pass mode... then i might drop him back every 3rd down AT LEAST because I KNOW you are passing.... Im inclined to believe the game was getting out of hand or you was like "**** it im slanging it" because if he dropping peppers back on every 3rd and 8... imma draw his ass a few times to make him respect that he has to have at least 3 down lineman... I might add that if he is dropping him back but has "figured" out your first read that he might be inclined to forget the zone and take away that reciever......

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:58 pm

john5153 wrote:
NCballa05 wrote:First and for most i want to say i got my ass handed to me by the Bears. My only complaint is one play where he manually used the Defensive End and played coverage on my receivers..Not a zone he chased a receiver on a slant all the way across the field. I thought that this was not allowed? I then asked him and his reply was "Peppers". the result was a pick 6. again this is not why i lost but just want to make sure that the lg is as sim as possible.I do know that Dline men drop into coverage but never seen one chase a receiver across the field. Am i wrong? besides that gr8 ass kickin Rash

that is one of those.... "i got to see it" because if im dropping back because i have put peppers in coverage, u sound like u want him just because he is the end that he has to stay in a particular spot.... but at the sametime... im not going to be dropping peppers back 15 times a game..... Now disregard the last comment if we talking about 4th quarter and you are in pass mode... then i might drop him back every 3rd down AT LEAST because I KNOW you are passing.... Im inclined to believe the game was getting out of hand or you was like "**** it im slanging it" because if he dropping peppers back on every 3rd and 8... imma draw his ass a few times to make him respect that he has to have at least 3 down lineman... I might add that if he is dropping him back but has "figured" out your first read that he might be inclined to forget the zone and take away that reciever......

Agreed
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:27 pm

NC, first of all, thank you for being respectful about this subject. Let me explain the situation from my standpoint a little better than just "Peppers".

1st and goal less than a minute left in the 1st half. You come out with 3 wrs but I decided to play run defense so I came out with a normal 4-3 defense zone.

You ran a screen play and casey hampton got the sack for an 8-9 yard loss. You go no huddle, and at this point I felt a pass coming for sure. Your quick no huddle gave me no time to adjust my 2 cb defense to your 3 wr set (too many buttons to press). So I stuck with the 4-3 zone and played a user QB spy with peppers to add more coverage zone. The slot WR went for a drag route and so I broke the spy when Peppers noticed the wr was quite open. End result was 100 yard pick 6 from Charles Tillman. Unfortunate, but fair and SIM in my opinion.

Good luck in the playoffs NCballa

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:08 pm

eagles lose...12-4 not bad...gg crazy

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:09 am

SORRY FOR THE NOVEL!

Chargers keep their playoff hopes alive and BARELY squeak out a win against the Lions. 38 total points were scored in the 4th quarter in an absolute barnburner. The game went back and forth right down to the very end. Detroit tied the game 38-38 with 4 minutes left, and the Chargers waltzed right down the field, scoring on a 35 yard screen to Sproles. 2:21 left in the game. 4 plays later the Lions tie it up again with an unbelievable throw by the Lions rookie QB, hitting Steve Smith in the corner of the endzone, 1:18 remaining.

Here's where it gets crazy. Chargers have 3 timeouts, minute left and have been scoring pretty much at will. As my guys lined up, I was thinking "just don't throw a pick and this game is yours." Rivers hikes the ball, sees rookie WR Davis with some separation...and the ball is tipped, right into the hands of the lions DB. He catches it and runs a couple yards, to around the Charger 48 yard line. I haven't been able to stop him all game (just way too much speed! my defense is slow as it is haha) so I'm sure it's game over. He's got 3 timeouts and just needs to go 15 yards to get into FG position.

First play, run with AP (who's been tearing it up in the 2nd half after a pedestrian 1st). Gain of 2 or 3, I call a TO. Next play, another run, another 2 yard gain, another TO. 3rd and 6...45 seconds left. Smith in the slot runs a crossing pattern, makes the catch right around the first down line, then gets into a backwards broken tackle animation that changed the whole game. He gets tackled about 6 yards back from where he made the catch, forcing a 4th down around my 43 yard line. I figured he'd punt the ball, but comes out in FG formation and misses it by couple of yards, giving me the ball at the 50.

Rivers makes a couple of passes and the Chargers find themselves at the 17 yard line with 15 seconds left. Kaeding hits the chip shot, and the Chargers playoff hopes are still alive. Now Denver or Houston needs to lose....

Great game fallen, real close to spoiling my season haha

Some numbers:
Rivers: 23/33 414 yards 6 TDs 2 INTs (one stupid duck right before halftime)
Floyd: 6 recs 115 yards
Stafford/Patterson (he switched to his rook in the 2nd half I think): 20/35 449 yards 3 TDs 3 INTs
Smith: 7 recs 188 yards 2 TDs
Addison: 6 recs 154 yards
Peterson: 14 atts 162 yards 2 TDs

CJ jr was held to only 2 catches...and he had a HUGE one batted out of his hands by Jammer in the 4th.

Chargers did their part, now it's up to Hooligan to do his (and lose!)

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:40 am

Seriously, your offense is stacked. If you traded AP for a great cover corner, watch out man. Once your D gets rollin I don't know how you can not win with that lineup lol. Your speed just ate me up, my two 88 and 89 speed corners had no chance keeping up with CJ and Smith =/

daboss_14

Post  daboss_14 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:14 am

Giants with a win over division rival Cowboys clinch the 5th seed in the NFC. Turned out to be a close game after the giants jumped out to a big lead. Dorian Hill continues to have a stellar season with 2 big interceptions, one returned for a td as well as a hit on a qb that caused an int. Gg tony maybe we'll see each other in the playoffs.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Egnited wrote:Seriously, your offense is stacked. If you traded AP for a great cover corner, watch out man. Once your D gets rollin I don't know how you can not win with that lineup lol. Your speed just ate me up, my two 88 and 89 speed corners had no chance keeping up with CJ and Smith =/

yeah i have been "following" his team especially offensive for most of the season because i knew what type of player he was... but to be honest i was skeptical because u can have TOO many weapons... but he had peterson out for about half the season.. along with some other notable players out for multiple weeks that i would be like "damn who i got too?" plus him being the lions, getting that offensive talent mean that his defense might suffer.. OVERALL WISE.. but it actually didnt... i think he just needed a year of progression under his belt on defense....
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Insanely close game! Broncos win 49-46! Denver was trailing 42-46 with about a 1:30 left in the 4th qtr. Only took then 44 seconds to get an eric decker td to go up 49-46. KC gets the ball back with about 45 seconds left and manage to drive the ball pretty well with only 1 time out remaining. Last play of the game was an 18 yrd pass to McCluster with about 10 seconds left in the game and A. Smith and B. Dawkins tackled him at the 3 yrd line. Kc tried to huury up to get one more play in but time expired before they could line up or get the FG unit out to tie it all up and send it to overtime! Definitely a nail biter but it looks like the Broncos have made it to the post season with a winning record of 11-5. A much better result from last year.

Theyre excited to play against their wild card opponents next week and to progress a little furthing into the playoffs. Great game DG

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Chargers take down the AFC West division champion Chiefs in their own house 52-24. Chargers offense got in a groove early and never fell out of it. Rivers was red hot, connecting with 6 different receivers and throwing 5 TD passes on the day. San Diego's defense stepped up when it counted, forcing 3 picks, one of which was in the SD red zone as KC was driving to tie in the 2nd quarter. The KC corners pressed a whole lot, allowing WR Floyd who eats press for breakfast to have a monster game. SD offense was very efficient, converting on 5 of 6 third downs and completing 82% of its passes. Chargers were 5 for 5 in the red zone with 5 TDs.

GG dg, should be another great battle in the afc west next season

Some numbers:
Rivers: 18/22 (82%) 382 yards 5 TDs 0 INTs
Cassel: 10/23 (43%) 230 yards 3 TDs 3 INTs
Floyd: 6 recs 147 yards 1 TD
Davis (R): 3 recs 68 yards 2 TDs
Bowe: 4 recs 99 yards 1 TD
Mathews: 23 atts 98 yards 2 TDs 2 Fumbles (one recovered by SD)
Charles: 14 atts 139 yards
Sproles: 3 atts 39 yards 1 receiving TD

Chargers take on the Jaguars who are no doubt out for revenge after a 17-7 loss at home to San Diego earlier in the season.

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Jaguars take down the Chargers 45-30 in a great game, John's D was lights out as usual but SD did not have the madden gods on their side. Jackson out for the game in the first quarter, then my star rookie WR out in the 2nd for the game...then Gates out in the 3rd for the game. Was down 8 driving to tie in the 4th, in hurry up, but my guys are tired and I was having to sub in fuckin' FB Hester at WR at times. Got crazy haha.

I got one dimensional after my first drive, I just can't run on john's D to save my life. Ended up throwing 2 pick 6's in the redzone I believe...one in the first quarter putting John up 14-3.

Our first game got disconnected right before half time and I was up 14-7 in what were the makings of a great game...EA decided we should start over.

GG john, hate your D! (mine was huge in the first half but you made great adjustments in the 2nd, put up a ton of points. Your punt return TD right after I had a 3 and out to start the game didn't help either lol)
john5153

Post  john5153 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Egnited wrote:Jaguars take down the Chargers 45-30 in a great game, John's D was lights out as usual but SD did not have the madden gods on their side. Jackson out for the game in the first quarter, then my star rookie WR out in the 2nd for the game...then Gates out in the 3rd for the game. Was down 8 driving to tie in the 4th, in hurry up, but my guys are tired and I was having to sub in fuckin' FB Hester at WR at times. Got crazy haha.

I got one dimensional after my first drive, I just can't run on john's D to save my life. Ended up throwing 2 pick 6's in the redzone I believe...one in the first quarter putting John up 14-3.

Our first game got disconnected right before half time and I was up 14-7 in what were the makings of a great game...EA decided we should start over.

GG john, hate your D! (mine was huge in the first half but you made great adjustments in the 2nd, put up a ton of points. Your punt return TD right after I had a 3 and out to start the game didn't help either lol)

INJURIES INJURIES INJURIES...... that was the key for me...... i played bend but dont break defense... but when vince went down.. i was like "okay get more aggressive..." i knew that rookie is pretty good at route running because i have him in a 2 of my leagues.. i seen the pass to him in the zone and since i was usering smith.... i just wanted to hitstick him... but the biggest was gates to my defense.... that made me almost not pay attention that side of the field.... That internet by bannister was HUGE..... since we were close to the endzone, i figured u would read zone and hit him quick because he is wide open... so i took the fs and took b-line to right under it so i could try and jump for it.... yeah the injuries allowed my cbs to be on par with your recievers...

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:38 am

ok game vs GIANTS AT EAGLES ....game started out 7-7...then 14-14...then eagles score....force a stop score again...force an int for a td and go up 35-14 at half...but 2nd half eagles got off there game plan and struggled to move the ball(scared of turnovers,stopping clock) and only put up 3 points which proved to be the difference...giants scored to make it 21-35 but i blocked my first extra point in mxl2011 last night so it was only 20-35....eagles play with themselves some more....27-35....alittle more screwing around and getting nowheres ...giants scored again....so they go for 2, and of all things eil (michael vick) manning out runs my LOLB and DE (JERAD ALLEN AND CLAY MATTHEWS) to the corner of the endzone and ties the game at 35-35 with 25 seconds....but the GREAT MCNABB gets on his horse and makes 2 nice passes to get into about a 60yd fg with 6 seconds left....i had 2 timeouts left... i decided to go with a quick slat to a wr he would never expect to catch the ball...riley cooper lol...catces a 10yd slant and thankfully got tackled right away and i could call timeout with 2seconds remaining...the kick is up and GOOD..eagles win on last second fg to move on to NFC championship game....5th one in mxl history... i had a hard time dealing with the 2 quarters of no huddle because the clock bairly runs so Eagles and to work the clock for 2 quarters and because a challenge...GG GIANTS see ya next year..

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:23 am

i'm back, the trade block is open and the packers are listening
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Vikings win their second consecutive NFC Championship with a blowout over the Eagles. First half was close but the Vikings sent a big blitz up the middle causing Mcnabb to drop the ball right into Kevin Williams hands for a TD. Vikings got the ball to start the second half and never looked back. Eagles went to the air and challenged the Vikings secondary but they shut the Eagles down. Austin showed why he is Rookie of the Year going 13/14 for 295. GG Wally.
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Vikings win another Super Bowl 33-27 over the Jags in Overtime! The game was too crazy to do much of a writeup, you will have to see it to believe it : http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11298218http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11298218
john5153

Post  john5153 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:09 am

****! LOL GOOD GAME BRAH!
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Congrats to Super Bowl Champs!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:42 pm

Vikings win their opener against the Texans but have a huge scare. Austin tore his shoulder after throwing a 72 yard TD strike to Evans. Luckily he will only miss 1 game as the Vikes have a bye week 3. GG Htown.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:36 am