PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

ViperX24

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:50 pm

dgfiasco wrote:thats the correct way to run a hb screen actually..

its suppose to be a over exaggerated drop so 3 step drops turn in to 5 to 7 steps 5-7 step drops to into 12-15 steps...most people wait to long to through the ball tho ....

now if he would of sprinted to one side the threw it back to the other side then that pretty lame but a straight drop back isnt that bad

This is just not on screen plays it's half the game and i would expect a answer like this from you since you do the same thing. People are dropping back like that on most plays in the game period and the QB's don't drop back 15-20 yards to run a screen in the NFL either!!!
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:06 pm

Havent seen the video yet so cant comment on it but everyone knows you bring the heat.
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Bu11ze1 wrote:Havent seen the video yet so cant comment on it but everyone knows you bring the heat.

Well scroll up for the video link and so you are saying if a player brings the heat you are allowed to drop/run backwards 20 yards then throw it?? Lol
NCballa05

Post  NCballa05 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:52 pm

You do bring the heat that is true, but whats wrong w/ my screens? lmao not like i am sprinting back....not sure if you watch football but you do take a deeper drop for a screen to set up...its called letting the linemen collapse on the qb to free up running lanes/passing lane for the screen haha.
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:56 pm

NCballa05 wrote:You do bring the heat that is true, but whats wrong w/ my screens? lmao not like i am sprinting back....not sure if you watch football but you do take a deeper drop for a screen to set up...its called letting the linemen collapse on the qb to free up running lanes/passing lane for the screen haha.

I do watch football and played football my whole life son, but they don't drop back 20 yards!!!!
NCballa05

Post  NCballa05 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:03 pm

ViperX24 wrote:
NCballa05 wrote:You do bring the heat that is true, but whats wrong w/ my screens? lmao not like i am sprinting back....not sure if you watch football but you do take a deeper drop for a screen to set up...its called letting the linemen collapse on the qb to free up running lanes/passing lane for the screen haha.

I do watch football and played football my whole life son, but they don't drop back 20 yards!!!!

Well now that we have the same resume on football...it is a game and it was a regular drop back (deeper for set up) as your video indicates bruh.
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:09 pm

NCballa05 wrote:
ViperX24 wrote:

Well now that we have the same resume on football...it is a game and it was a regular drop back (deeper for set up) as your video indicates bruh.

This getting off the subject a little, but ok. I'm done with this.... Good game though and thanks paying off Big Ben and my lame ass WR's

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:12 pm

ViperX24 wrote:

its suppose to be a over exaggerated drop so 3 step drops turn in to 5 to 7 steps 5-7 step drops to into 12-15 steps...most people wait to long to through the ball tho ....

now if he would of sprinted to one side the threw it back to the other side then that pretty lame but a straight drop back isnt that bad

This is just not on screen plays it's half the game and i would expect a answer like this from you since you do the same thing. People are dropping back like that on most plays in the game period and the QB's don't drop back 15-20 yards to run a screen in the NFL either!!!

i guess dude but this is a video game... im pretty sure my football IQ is way higher then urs
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:17 pm

dgfiasco wrote:
ViperX24 wrote:

i guess dude but this is a video game... im pretty sure my football IQ is way higher then urs

LMAO if you really think so.....I REALLY doubt it!!!

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:25 pm

considering ive played for 12 years ... and ive actually sat down and been in coaching meeting with Joe Pa i wouldnt doubt it ...
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:42 pm

dgfiasco wrote:considering ive played for 12 years ... and ive actually sat down and been in coaching meeting with Joe Pa i wouldnt doubt it ...

LOL....like i said i really doubt it. Smile But if it makes you feel good, ok. :)You have no idea my friend.

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:52 pm

unless ur like some big time D-1 single a football Coach then i would doubt it like if i asked you what a 3 technique was or where the LB is when he's in a 50 or who the defense reads in a zone cover ... i doubt we could have a true football conversation

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:56 pm

ViperX24 wrote:
dgfiasco wrote:
ViperX24 wrote:

The important thing here is that I know more professional wrestling information than both of you. There - issue settled!!

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:56 pm

are you guys really having this argument?? LMAO!!! Who cares who knows more about it than the other person?? does it matter??? LOL....

as far as your play.....Viper, your statement about you blitzing and me saying it was ok....LMAO!!! just b/c someone is blitzing doesnt mean it's ok to drop back so far. it's NOT realistic but at the same time the offensive line blocking is horrible on this game!! so what can you do other than extend the drop back??

if your opponent scrambles around on every play then we have a problem. there's a huge difference in those 2 regardless if someone is blitzing or not. evidently what ncballa did was NOT a scramble he just dropped back lil more than usual to set up his screen play. was it necessary?? i dont believe so b/c whether you blitz or not your DL or LB are going to pressure the QB b/c the OL is moving out of way to block for HB.

idk what to say....i mean yes it's not realistic but at same time it's not cheating. can i regulate it? probably yes BUT this is such a minor issue that i dont think it's worth it. show me where someone scrambles 10-15 yds sideways or sprints backwards then we have an issue
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Puj5stl wrote:
ViperX24 wrote:
dgfiasco wrote:
ViperX24 wrote:

The important thing here is that I know more professional wrestling information than both of you. There - issue settled!!

I'm a wrestling fan.... you keep up with all it even TNA ?
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 pm

tony87blue wrote:are you guys really having this argument?? LMAO!!! Who cares who knows more about it than the other person?? does it matter??? LOL....

as far as your play.....Viper, your statement about you blitzing and me saying it was ok....LMAO!!! just b/c someone is blitzing doesnt mean it's ok to drop back so far. it's NOT realistic but at the same time the offensive line blocking is horrible on this game!! so what can you do other than extend the drop back??

if your opponent scrambles around on every play then we have a problem. there's a huge difference in those 2 regardless if someone is blitzing or not. evidently what ncballa did was NOT a scramble he just dropped back lil more than usual to set up his screen play. was it necessary?? i dont believe so b/c whether you blitz or not your DL or LB are going to pressure the QB b/c the OL is moving out of way to block for HB.

idk what to say....i mean yes it's not realistic but at same time it's not cheating. can i regulate it? probably yes BUT this is such a minor issue that i dont think it's worth it. show me where someone scrambles 10-15 yds sideways or sprints backwards then we have an issue

Well one of the major problems is that you can't save it every time the player does it unless someone was to sit there and record it with a camera. Madden doesn't let you save every play. So i guess i'm SOL on this once again.
NCballa05

Post  NCballa05 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:05 pm

thats the thing i never sprinted backwards(holding turbo and running wrong way) then turn and throw the screen..i was in the dropback the entire time just as his video says...i mean if i take a "normal" drop back of 3 steps there is no way you can make the screen throw Viper that is common sense especially after being a seasoned madden player
john5153

Post  john5153 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:15 pm

.Fall3nAng3l224 wrote:GG, Bu11. I played an outstanding first half, and in the second, as you said injuries killed me.. I was playing with my third string guys.. I have 7 guys injured(6 of those 7 are out mutiple weeks).

A.Peterson - Out(6 weeks)
C.Johnson Jr - Out(3 weeks)

Now my offense has been ridden down to absolutely nothing...

On a sidenote, Suh is having a crazy excellent season in his second year. In 10 games he has 43 tackles(19 for a loss) And, in this game he recorded 8 tackles.

oh... those can hurt..... i have been keeping up with your team just because of the offense it is capable of and i know u are a capable player..... unfortunately your in the best owner's division...... hope u can pull it together and real off some wins....
john5153

Post  john5153 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 pm

northface28 wrote:Another slugfest with one of the MXL's finest only to come up short again as Bills drop another one, 17-14.

GG Boss.

lol u so comical sometimes i dont know if your serious or not... by the way, who is da boss? he been here before?
john5153

Post  john5153 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:34 pm

i understand the frustration.... but i think on screen passes we have to be a lil more open to the fact that u cant trot back and get the screening running some time to get out there.... i will say i find myself going back too far sometimes (10 yard sacks) another reason why incoporate quick passes.... but i could see in this play that it seemed he went back 5 yrds more than he needed.... looks like at the 20 he could have thrown it.... probably was also looking downfield to hit another wr. imo

that is the statement i posted on viper's vid.... i agree with tony.... but viper i feel ya... but it comes down t integrity of each owner on issues like that.... if he is doing it on screens... fine (kinda lol) but if he is sprinting out or doing it on a consistent basis.... then damn....... all in all still really hard to monitor... just got to get a series of owners that have played him and see if they noticed it....

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:11 am

BREAKING NEWS......

Jerry Jones has FIRED tony87blue as Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. After a disappointing 5-5 start and losing 3 straight games the last of which was to bottom feeding Redskins, Jerry informed tony of his decision to move forward without him.

The Cowboys will move forward with an unidentified Interim Coach for the remainder of the Season and hopefully this move will spark a light and get this team back to top of NFC East and NFC in general

Last edited by tony87blue on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 am

switch with bu11!!!
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:31 am

Ravens go into Arizona & absolutely kill the Cardinals in every phase of the game

P.S. - calling timeouts when your down by 24 points & there is 15 seconds left in the game is retarded
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:07 am

PapaH25 wrote:Ravens go into Arizona & absolutely kill the Cardinals in every phase of the game

P.S. - calling timeouts when your down by 24 points & there is 15 seconds left in the game is retarded

LMAO! (sorry, just got back from watching Denver rape KC and pretty damn drunk..just thought this was funny)

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Mr. Tony87blue, you didn't forget who won the week 11 matchup between yourself and I, did you?

I ask this because the redskins standings at the top of the main page went from 2-7 to 2-8. Nice try, partner! I'm already looking forward to next season's installment of the redskins-cowboys rivalry.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:13 pm