PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:42 pm

john5153 wrote:wow 53-50 jags... in overtime... browns colt mccoy was uncanny...he didnt overthrow a single pass i dont think. carved me up good. Cornerbacks havent played very well this season. The surprising loss of fred smoot has seem to more of a bigger loss than reggie nelson.... Myron lewis has been adequate, but carey, washington and starks have been medicore at best. Alexander, who has a knack for big plays was pedestrian yesterday until overtime... In which he was able to read the route and jump it for the interception that led to game-winning field goal. While scoring over 50 points, jags qbs still didnt muster 100 yards passing, while jones drew tallied 170 on da ground and 3 tds... he also had an kick return. SO far, mike thomas has outplayed sims-walker this year to the point sims-walker might be on the block this upcoming year. Dillard has came alive as of late... scoring 3 tds and the last 2 games..... overall, defensive is playing at a decent level, but secondary seems to be an issue...

yea that game was great. Mccoy passing for over 500 yrds i still think madden needs to fix the special teams defense in the game cuz its to easy to return for td's. But anyway great game and the play at the end when u got that pick i was sooooooo second guessing myself since i already ran it twice earlier (should went with my gut) but good read
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Vikings and 49ers tie 31-31 in an extremely laggy and frustrating game. Not sure where it came from as puj and i usually have smooth games but oh well. Outcome was interesting and overtime was certainly entertaining. GG puj.

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:08 am

Dude its was going on 2 am i have a angry girl friend , class and things to do...we tried for 2 hours... im sorry i didnt sit up all night until it worked

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:06 am

Bu11ze1 wrote:Vikings and 49ers tie 31-31 in an extremely laggy and frustrating game. Not sure where it came from as puj and i usually have smooth games but oh well. Outcome was interesting and overtime was certainly entertaining. GG puj.

The lag seemed to go away in the 3rd quarter but seemed to make kicking the only real problem. The lag was definitely a factor in the game especially late when trying to get set up for FGs.gg Bu11 - I thought I had ya this time:)

Key points
I know you got 31 points but I thought my Defense played lights out! kR/pick 6/anther int put you in great field position.
Gore had a great game but that fumble in overtime was disheartening!
Nedney sucks balls. lack in confidence from puj5st in Nedney caused him to try and get closer than a 45/46 yard FG, in OT, resulted in a fumble by gore after a 10 yard gain:(
Fat Haynesworth was causing problems all game long.
You played very tough with your free saftey.
Harvin is a difference maker on special teams.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:36 am

Strongmandav wrote:
john5153 wrote:wow 53-50 jags... in overtime... browns colt mccoy was uncanny...he didnt overthrow a single pass i dont think. carved me up good. Cornerbacks havent played very well this season. The surprising loss of fred smoot has seem to more of a bigger loss than reggie nelson.... Myron lewis has been adequate, but carey, washington and starks have been medicore at best. Alexander, who has a knack for big plays was pedestrian yesterday until overtime... In which he was able to read the route and jump it for the interception that led to game-winning field goal. While scoring over 50 points, jags qbs still didnt muster 100 yards passing, while jones drew tallied 170 on da ground and 3 tds... he also had an kick return. SO far, mike thomas has outplayed sims-walker this year to the point sims-walker might be on the block this upcoming year. Dillard has came alive as of late... scoring 3 tds and the last 2 games..... overall, defensive is playing at a decent level, but secondary seems to be an issue...

yea that game was great. Mccoy passing for over 500 yrds i still think madden needs to fix the special teams defense in the game cuz its to easy to return for td's. But anyway great game and the play at the end when u got that pick i was sooooooo second guessing myself since i already ran it twice earlier (should went with my gut) but good read

yeah, but it that is why it is great playing sim players.... because when both opponents are really trying to "outthink" each other.... u have games/plays like that... i hadnt played u in a while and last time i think u got off to a bad start so u wasnt able to implement your gameplan... but your passing attack is pretty good. U know where to go most of the time... that play i chosed to use the ss (never do that really) because i cautious of that play from earlier... but i tried not to move too much so u didnt know who i was usering on that play.... i was going for the interception or u had td to the house... i hadnt stopped your offense all game, and u was just about in field goal position....

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:08 am

Bu11ze1 wrote:Vikings and 49ers tie 31-31 in an extremely laggy and frustrating game. Not sure where it came from as puj and i usually have smooth games but oh well. Outcome was interesting and overtime was certainly entertaining. GG puj.

It must have been something with the EA servers last night because Egnited and I tried to play our mxl2 game and we had issues - disconnects and lag.

I kept getting kicked off of the EA Servers with a message saying that traffic was extremely high and they were having problems handling it. I had never before seen the message.
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:27 am

grundlebug wrote:

It must have been something with the EA servers last night because Egnited and I tried to play our mxl2 game and we had issues - disconnects and lag.

I kept getting kicked off of the EA Servers with a message saying that traffic was extremely high and they were having problems handling it. I had never before seen the message.

Same this with nexus and I..it was unbelievable..

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Chargers get a big win over the Dolphins 42-13. Dolphins scored on their first drive of the game and would never reach the endzone again. Charger offense couldn't be stopped, but got a little help from the Dolphin zone that made a habit out of letting the ball whiz right by them without noticing.

Rivers had his best game of the season, 152.3 rating, 18/24 (75%), 277 yards, 4 TDs 0 INTs

8 different Chargers receivers caught a pass...Jackson had 58 yards on 3 catches, Floyd decided to show up today with 4 receptions and 67 yards, and rookie Sealii Davis had 3 catches for 37 yards and one huge early TD grab in the back of the endzone, dragging his feet for the completion.

Charger D was nasty and forced 5 turnovers, which the Chargers offense didn't turn it over once. 3 picks, 4 total forced fumbles (2 were recovered by SD).

GG highlight

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 pm

eagles win nail biter....30-27...game could have went either way....alittle laggy but other then that very well played game by north...i had a few lucky breaks that allowed me to squeak out a win including a 60yd fg to take the lead....great game north and best of the luck the rest of the season
daboss_14

Post  daboss_14 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:10 am

Giants bounce back with a crucial win against the cowboys 38-31!Bradshaw is a stud broke 2 long td runs and had 176 yrds on the day. Dorian Hill the rookie free safety was a beast forced two fumbles one returned for a td.
Great comeback by the cowboys but fell one yard short to tie it up due to a great goal line stand by the giants d. GG

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:13 am

Cowboys go into Giants Stadium and come out losers!!

31-38 vs the now 7-2 Giants!!

daboss played a great game with his efficient passing and great ground game. Bradshaw was a man among boys when he touched the ball!! had 170yds and 2 tds vs a dallas defense that missed tackles and couldnt shed blocks!! 3 turnovers also didnt help the Cowboys cause as they evidently dug too big of hole to crawl out of!! 2 fumbles and 1 int resulted in 14 giants pts.

see you in dallas daboss!!

road to playoffs, if any, just got interesting in dallas for the first time in mxl history
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:45 am

Broncos win again, MVP, Peyton Hillis. Nuff said. Great game Nexus!
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:45 am

ruh ro!

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:27 am

chiefs win our me and fallen 9th try.....

the first game always ended when the game freezing ... fallen was up prob 7 out of the 9 (over exaggeration of the number of games we've played) of the games... but it would always kick both of us out the game in random moments...

so iv drove half way across the city to my cuzins house to play on his connection...to first game i was up 21-0 ... but it didn't feel right seeing how fallen had already beating me unofficially so we restarted...

the second game we played there i ended up winning i understand that fallen is prob pissed off i know i would be so i really didnt mind him quitting once i started taking a knee cuz technically if EA would make more stable connection he would of one

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:50 am

Bu11ze1 wrote:ruh ro!

hayoooooooooooo

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:16 am

the redskins dreadful season continues.

The first half my defense was playing really well and the offense was moving the ball for the most part. By the start of the second half, I was up 24-3.

Opening drive of the second half, the Jets march down the field and score a TD. Score was then 24-10. Jets kick the ball off to Brandon Banks, who fumbles the ball, and the Jets return the fumble for a TD. So in a matter of a couple minutes, the Jets are now only down a TD.

Long story short, IM PISSED! I cant believe I blew a 21 point lead. Bring on the damn offseason already, Im over this season. GG crazy

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:14 am

oh and the injury thing is getting to be ridiculous. I haven't experienced anything like this before. Each week I'm losing a starter, sometimes two, for multiple weeks. Thanks madden.
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:48 am

Steelers lose a 22-7 lead in the 4th qtr with just over a min to go. I clearly think Madden was on the Bengals side. 2 TD's and 2point conversion with a successful onside kick recovery for the Bengals then they win the coin toss for overtime. I have never seen anything like this as no matter what i did they seemed to be like super human player being unstoppable and pushes my winless streak in the rain further. Good Game though until that last minute Madden fubar crap.

Lost a CB for the season also.
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:49 am

AFC West might be the most interesting thing going on in MXL this season..gonna be tight!
john5153

Post  john5153 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:52 pm

defensive game.. jags pull it out 14-7... james drew was my only real offense. Once again qb play was mediocre. Josh Johnson missed on a few short passes that should have been gimmie passes... mike sims walker was effective tho... We still have him on the trading block, but we will try to become a lil more active in getting him da ball.....

good game lucky......

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Egnited wrote:Chargers get a big win over the Dolphins 42-13. Dolphins scored on their first drive of the game and would never reach the endzone again. Charger offense couldn't be stopped, but got a little help from the Dolphin zone that made a habit out of letting the ball whiz right by them without noticing.

Rivers had his best game of the season, 152.3 rating, 18/24 (75%), 277 yards, 4 TDs 0 INTs

8 different Chargers receivers caught a pass...Jackson had 58 yards on 3 catches, Floyd decided to show up today with 4 receptions and 67 yards, and rookie Sealii Davis had 3 catches for 37 yards and one huge early TD grab in the back of the endzone, dragging his feet for the completion.

Charger D was nasty and forced 5 turnovers, which the Chargers offense didn't turn it over once. 3 picks, 4 total forced fumbles (2 were recovered by SD).

GG highlight

GG for you....lol

Yeah my defense was pissing me off when the would be looking at the damn ball only to have it go right by them. I thought I'd get a pick or 2 but damn they couldn't even put a hand up.

Yet again turnovers killed me. I hate fumbles!!!

Best of luck the rest of the way!!
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:08 pm

H1GHL1GHT wrote:
Egnited wrote:Chargers get a big win over the Dolphins 42-13. Dolphins scored on their first drive of the game and would never reach the endzone again. Charger offense couldn't be stopped, but got a little help from the Dolphin zone that made a habit out of letting the ball whiz right by them without noticing.

GG highlight

GG for you....lol

Yeah my defense was pissing me off when the would be looking at the damn ball only to have it go right by them. I thought I'd get a pick or 2 but damn they couldn't even put a hand up.

Yet again turnovers killed me. I hate fumbles!!!

Best of luck the rest of the way!!

Hes gonna need it! :lol!:
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Vikings pitch a shut out in the 2nd half and muscle (caused a lot of injuries) their way to victory over the Lions. GG Fallen

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:50 pm

the skins go in to Dalls and get a HUGE win, 28-24.

The Redskins offense, led by QB Kevin Kolb, seemed to be clicking on all cylinders. By the end of the first half, the skins were up 21-7. But of course, the Cowboys start climbing back in to the game during the second half, scoring 17 unanswered points to go up 24-21 with about 3 minutes left. It looked like another loss for the skins, but they decided that this time things would be different!

Kolb marched the team down the field, and with 23 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter, threw the game-winning, 24 yard touchdown pass to TE Chris Cooley.

Man, it feels good to be on the winning side of a close game for a change.

The MVP of the game has to be Chris Cooley, who snagged 12 receptions for 156 yards and 3 TDs.

Other notable performances:

QB Kevin Kolb 24 comp for 30 atts, 296 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT
RB J. Robinson 12 atts for 62 yards
WR S. Moss 6 recs for 90 yards

SO, Tony...good game.

Last edited by grundlebug on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:55 pm

well it was nice while it lasted to have a top back in MXL but looks like Clowney is done as a broken Toe will end his season....but dont worry he wont be alone as in that same game Harris decided to end his season early too...

GG game Htown... also looks like Sanchez finally remembered how to give the ball back to the other team....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 pm