PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Bu11ze1

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Bu11ze1 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Obviously not, if its part of the formation then fine, but plenty of people have a hb high up on their wr's depth chart or sub them in game.
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Bu11ze1 wrote:Obviously not, if its part of the formation then fine, but plenty of people have a hb high up on their wr's depth chart or sub them in game.

Well i do know i was thinking of putting a HB in at WR due to the fact i have no WR's since Wallace is on the IR, but his speed is under 90.
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Broncos win again! Denver hosted the 5-1 Miami Dolphins and won a close one! Denver's strategy in this match up was to play "keep away" and to keep their offense on the field. Denver had possession of the ball for 26:23 of the game (compare to dolphins 9:37). In the short time Miami had the ball they managed to turn the ball over 5 times! Denver's D has really been stepping it up and creating turnovers! Offense is still so so but at least scoring! Good game highlight! def a close game!

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Great game. I'm surprised I only lost by a TD with 5 turnovers. That last kickoff & fumble drove me nuts!! Hate to end a game like that.

Nothing went right for me... Dropped passes,fumbles,holding calls,giving up a special teams TD,blown coverage on that play late in the game when Heap was wide open by 300 yards to put you into scoring position, and the list goes on.

Good luck the rest of the way!!
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:21 pm

H1GHL1GHT wrote:Great game. I'm surprised I only lost by a TD with 5 turnovers. That last kickoff & fumble drove me nuts!! Hate to end a game like that.

Nothing went right for me... Dropped passes,fumbles,holding calls,giving up a special teams TD,blown coverage on that play late in the game when Heap was wide open by 300 yards to put you into scoring position, and the list goes on.

Good luck the rest of the way!!

yeah but i had those 2 fumbles returned for td's, had those back to back penalties on the one drive and i had first downs on both plays (one was chop blocking or whatever and the other was holding). I dont know how heap was that wide open..I was looking for Thomas on that play then looked over and he was alllllll alone..i was like wtf? but it worked out in my favor! good game..I didnt give you the ball for very long cuz i was scared of Bmarsh lol..

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:16 pm

I said the same thing on that play! I just hoped someone would get to the QB or you wouldn't see it....lol....but how could you miss it, he looked so damn funny way out there by himself. As soon as I saw him I said....F@#K

Game lag

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Packs and I tried to play twice. The lag is terrible tonight. You can't kick, you can't run or throw. I will try this game again tomorrow.

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:12 am

The Cowboys juuuuussstt barely scrape by their underrated, underappreciated divisional rivals, the Washington Redskins by a lucky score of 21-17.

This game could have very easily gone the other way had Kevin Kolb not thrown 2 int's, been sacked twice, been forced to try and convert on multiple third and longs and completed more passes, and if the defense had played better run defense and pass defense and stopped them from putting up 21 points.

If none of that happens, you're looking at a Redskins blowout of the cowboys - atleast 35 to 0, quite possibly more.

GG tony - you got lucky this time, but I wouldn't count on luck being on your side next time we play. THE OUTCOME WILL BE MUCH DIFFERENT. You can take that to the bank.

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:05 pm

eagles won off of luck i guess.....1st game down 21-10 just started the 3rd and we disconnected.....2nd game was close but eagles ended up winnin 34-27 i believe.
Minicola

Post  Minicola on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:00 am

dont forget to mention you were down 24-7 and i was getting the ball. I wouldnt exactly say you got robbed buddy
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:25 am

fireice56 wrote:The game started terrible for the falcons and ended terrible. IN a game that only saw two quarters of play, matt ryan over throw about 7 passes, two for int. Multiple recievers dropped the ball and of all right after the end of the second quarter i get dc and he wins. How the hell does that happen, how can someone be given the win after two quarters, this **** makes me wanna stop playing.

what do u mean "someone given the win" it automatically did that after the 2ns qtr? it does that now?

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:25 am

fireice56 wrote:Everyone can see the score so i didn't mention it and no he must have quit and counted the game but ok its nice to know anyone up 17 with two quarters to go can count the game if a person gets dc ill def remember that next time someone dc. You weren't up 30 only 17 I could have came back byt nope not now you decided to count the game after only playing two quarter that was very nice of you.

I've run into a situation like this before too. But im pretty sure ea doesn't give the option to 'count' the game. It just gives the person with the lead the win. I've tried to figure out what the criteria for ea doing that is (large lead, certain amount of time played...etc...) but I can't seem to figure it out
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:56 am

lucky0644 wrote:
fireice56 wrote:Everyone can see the score so i didn't mention it and no he must have quit and counted the game but ok its nice to know anyone up 17 with two quarters to go can count the game if a person gets dc ill def remember that next time someone dc. You weren't up 30 only 17 I could have came back byt nope not now you decided to count the game after only playing two quarter that was very nice of you.

I've run into a situation like this before too. But im pretty sure ea doesn't give the option to 'count' the game. It just gives the person with the lead the win. I've tried to figure out what the criteria for ea doing that is (large lead, certain amount of time played...etc...) but I can't seem to figure it out

yeah i thought that...BUT IN THE SECOND? i thought it did that in the third? idk...... but if he did, he shouldnt have counted the game ONLY UP 17 IN THE SECOND
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Why did you guys not do the disconnection trick?

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Did EA fix the supposed disconnect problem in the latest title update?

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 pm

According to them they did, but I've gotten 2 DCs the day after the update after rarely having a problem with it before.

Also, this is EA we're talking about.
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:54 pm

I'll guess I'm about 11/11 when I use the disconnection trick.

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:33 pm

I suck and my team has fumblitis...lose to Chiefs by 2 TDs

Rivers had a good day though, 5 TDs 1 INT

Chiefs had kickoff return TD, forced fumble AS i was RUNNING into the endzone just got literally stripped. Pick 6...and a kickoff fumble recovery I think? Just no breaks.

gg dg

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:43 pm

i don't want to hear about ryan not being able to throw in the rain, lol....

i've played a few games recently in mxl and mxl2 and i've seen something that confuses me....

not a thing that thing that people have to stop or change...just would like some explanation if possible...

in situations that i go into a 'heavy' run set (goal line, i-form big, etc..) there are a few teams that come out pass-type defenses such as what looked like dime AND it is effectively stopping my run game (or atleast not workng as well as you think a dime vs. goal line would work)

is this a known madden thing to stop a power run game or is it just the people im playing??
Minicola

Post  Minicola on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:45 pm

pure luck maybe? that really doesnt sound right at all. are you running up the gut or trying to run around them?

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:47 pm

lucky0644 wrote:i don't want to hear about ryan not being able to throw in the rain, lol....

i've played a few games recently in mxl and mxl2 and i've seen something that confuses me....

not a thing that thing that people have to stop or change...just would like some explanation if possible...

in situations that i go into a 'heavy' run set (goal line, i-form big, etc..) there are a few teams that come out pass-type defenses such as what looked like dime AND it is effectively stopping my run game (or atleast not workng as well as you think a dime vs. goal line would work)

is this a known madden thing to stop a power run game or is it just the people im playing??

it's probably one of those 1-5-5 type defense exploits that we've always dealt with!!

you know that in real life, anyone that comes out in a nickel, dime, quarter, 1-5-5 defense, those defenses would get run down their throats every time they come out like that!!

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:48 pm

but in madden those defenses somehow stop the run effectively even if it's a i-form or 2 te or goaline offense

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:10 pm

dont get me wrong...im not bitching about it. they can do it all they want.

i was just wondering because i havent seen something like that

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Chargers beat the Jets 41-24 to get back to .500. Mathews had a career day, running all over the Jet D, putting up 197 yards on 25 carries and had 3 TDs, 0 fumbles. He also had 1 receiving TD. Rivers was 14/25 for 213 yards, 1 TD 0 INTs. CB Cason had a great game as well, racking up 2 INTs and taking 1 back to the house for 6.

Sanchez was just having a horrible day. It was a storm out there, pouring rain and 16 mph winds, but he wasn't even hitting short and mid-range throws. Just wildly overthrowing everybody, even my defenders. Looked like all his passes were bullets so that could have been the cause, but still, it just got ridiculous at times. Wide open guys missed...of course his 2 INTs were accurate enough, Cason just had great positioning.

GG crazy
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:12 pm

Vikings hold off a hard late charge from the Packers to move to 5-2. GG Pwned

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:56 pm