PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

PapaH25

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:24 am

ya but people actually use that stuff in real life. Sometimes RB's line up as WR's. I use TE's at WR sometimes b/c that happens in real life too. & I know that in Baltimores offensive PB that it will have a 5 wide set w/ Ray Rice as the WR by default.

You just have to learn what your opponent does & adjust to it throughout the game b/c you should know it is coming after a couple times
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:27 am

PapaH25 wrote:ya but people actually use that stuff in real life. Sometimes RB's line up as WR's. I use TE's at WR sometimes b/c that happens in real life too. & I know that in Baltimores offensive PB that it will have a 5 wide set w/ Ray Rice as the WR by default.

You just have to learn what your opponent does & adjust to it throughout the game b/c you should know it is coming after a couple times

Week 13 ---- all that needs to be said between us after playing 3 games for only one to count.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:31 am

Can't wait sugar. We have a good old fashioned rivalry now. I havent had one of those...especially not against a decent player too so I'm excited
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:09 am

PapaH25 wrote:Can't wait sugar. We have a good old fashioned rivalry now. I havent had one of those...especially not against a decent player too so I'm excited

Well considering the first 2 games where legit 1 to you controlling and 1 to me controlling then 3rd game with nothing went my way period and the games disconnecting you definitely have rivalry and it's gonna be ugly like the real one. Enjoy your victory and when Troy Polamalu returns Dickson is going down.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:27 am

The only place Dickson is going is to the end zone if you leave him uncovered.

On a better note....& notes from our game:
Ed Dickson is dominating again for the 4th time this yr
Ray Lewis has 3 INT's through 2 1/2 quarters of play (our game got DC'ed w/ 3 min left in the 3rd quarter) as PapaH is learning how to control defense better & better
& Joe Flacco has still yet to throw an INT through 4 games
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:36 am

PapaH25 wrote:The only place Dickson is going is to the end zone if you leave him uncovered.

Ray Lewis has 3 INT's through 2 1/2 quarters of play (our game got DC'ed w/ 3 min left in the 3rd quarter) as PapaH is learning how to control defense better & better

Flacco had a INT in the games that got DQ'd.... haha and that Ray lewis INT in the endzone was not real.

RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:02 am

Ray Lewis got swagger. 10 years after he retires, I would not be surprised at his chances of being the next Lombordi. I don't know one kid who will not have respect for him.
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:39 am

HB at WR is legit. It's in the formation subs in the rules here and as an option preplay. Teams use this tactic all the time. It shouldn't be messed with.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:35 pm

PWn3DvILl3 wrote:1 HB at WR is legit, not 3. I saw this when I played the Lions. The preplay would show 2 WRs and 3 RBs.

that is the key... it is allowed and is realistic.... but not when ABUSED.... every play? every down? throw that 70 ovr bummish wr out there sometimes just to make it look right.... when i was the eagles, i didnt spread westbrook out EVERY PLAY OF EVERY DOWN.... that is cheap, they are running backs for a reason......

but i understand your point too papa.. im ravens in another franchise and i spread out dickson too.. but i try to limit how many formations i do that in.... they spread ray rice out from time to time too... but i dont unless it is that 5 wr formation that they do it on their own...... some teams worry about putting all their 95 speed players out there on the field soo much that they forget that you have to keep it relatively "realistic". i played a guy last year that would put chris johnson in the slot....... is that realistic? maybe... but not SEVERAL TIMES....
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:36 pm

ViperX24 wrote:
PapaH25 wrote:The only place Dickson is going is to the end zone if you leave him uncovered.

Flacco had a INT in the games that got DQ'd.... haha and that Ray lewis INT in the endzone was not real.

Ok Flacco had an INT in the 2nd game that we played. Right before I started coming back & putting up yards on you. He overthrew Dickson by about 10 yds. He overthrew 4 people by 10-20 yds that game. Just b/c Big Ben threw 4 INT's dont mean you have to knock my QB Laughing Laughing Laughing

& Rays INT in the endzone was only ridiculous b/c he tried to show off his amazing hands by picking it off 1 handed. Other than that, it was a bad choice on your part b/c I knew what route you were doing & I had him covered. If it wasnt for Ben's accuracy then it wouldnt have been close
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:27 pm

.Fall3nAng3l224 wrote:
PWn3DvILl3 wrote:1 HB at WR is legit, not 3. I saw this when I played the Lions. The preplay would show 2 WRs and 3 RBs.

So, take a look at the 7 players that are all hurt on my team and tell me who I have left to even play reciever, thanks. 2 of my starting recievers are hurt for multiple weeks and I can't even add players to my roster because it is full and I do not want to cut people that are hurt because I will need them next season.

well in that case if you have that issue....then it is a non-issue.... FOR YOU. but others that do it just to do it to ALWAYS HAVE AN ADVANTAGE is the problem

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 pm

count another 200+ yard game for ya boy Charles 747 in 4 games
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:44 am

Ravens win again 28-21 over the Broncos to stop their 3 game win streak

Ravens were up 28-7 w/ around 4 min left in the game & let the Broncos come back. With the game 28-14 w/ 3:30 left, star rookie TE Ed Dickson dropped a very catchable & open pass (thanks to Brian Dawkins stripping it out) on 3rd down. Broncos scored on their first play to cut it down to 28-21. On the next possession Ray Rice put the game away w/ a 42 yd rush.

Notables:
Joe Flacco went 11/14, but also threw his 1st INT of the year when he overthrew a WIDE open Ed Dickson near the goal line by about 5-10 yds.
Ed Dickson keeps making a name for himself. Only had 2 receptions, but both were big league catches. However, he did drop a big pass. Also....i believe he has been tackled on the 1-3 yard line about 4 times this yr. He needs to have more desire to get in the endzone. But Ray Rice & LeRon McClain keep feeding off of Dickson's mistakes as they keep getting short yardage TD's (Rice = 7 total, McClain = 2)
Ray Lewis knotched his 5th INT in as many games. He hasnt had many tackles this year (b/c Madden likes to give his "tackles" to other people that show up 2nd to the play), but his pass coverage is plush
Rookie CB Chris Cook got his 1st career INT & it was a beauty. Baited the QB & jumped infront of a route. He looked like a veteran.
Sergio Kindle is a man among boys.....it really isn't even fair sometimes

Oh & Elvis Dumerville is an asshole.....he is all over the place & I recommend staying away from him

GG Hooligan....always a pleasure
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:51 am

Ravens were up 28-7 w/ around 4 min left in the game & let the Broncos come back. With the game 28-14 w/ 3:30 left, star rookie TE Ed Dickson dropped a very catchable & open pass (thanks to Brian Dawkins stripping it out) on 3rd down. Broncos scored on their first play to cut it down to 28-21. On the next possession Ray Rice put the game away w/ a 42 yd rush.

This is another example why i was pissed when you cheesed your way to a win against me.... we had a whole qtr and just over 3 mins in our game.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:05 am

listen up buddy. Mine & Hooligans game was pretty even. There was lots of good defense being played by both teams. & I never once thought he was going to come back & win & I never was worried. So stop your freaking crying

Listen....you get your butt kicked. In our first game I was in complete control, in our second game i realized what you were doing on defense & started coming back quickly, & in our third game I was just killing your ass

In our last game I was beating you 35-7 & was on your 9 yd line about to score again, then it DC w/ 3 min left in the 3rd qtr for the 3rd straight game. You hadnt stopped my offense once, my defense was killing you. TAKE YOU LOSS & GET OVER IT! Beat me week 13, beat me in all these seasons when we play twice a year.

Get over it, I smoked you.....that game is over. Goodbye
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 am

PapaH25 wrote:listen up buddy. Mine & Hooligans game was pretty even. There was lots of good defense being played by both teams. & I never once thought he was going to come back & win & I never was worried. So stop your freaking crying

Listen....you get your butt kicked. In our first game I was in complete control, in our second game i realized what you were doing on defense & started coming back quickly, & in our third game I was just killing your ass

In our last game I was beating you 35-7 & was on your 9 yd line about to score again, then it DC w/ 3 min left in the 3rd qtr for the 3rd straight game. You hadnt stopped my offense once, my defense was killing you. TAKE YOU LOSS & GET OVER IT! Beat me week 13, beat me in all these seasons when we play twice a year.

Get over it, I smoked you.....that game is over. Goodbye

LOL....dude i was totally smoking you in the second game...you ONLY had one long pass for that TD and your passing game was non existant and -9 rushing yards in the 3rd qtr for you. You had no chance!

I know you are a good player but when somebody cheeses there way to win i have no respect for. I can take losses as i have.
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 am

how did he "cheese"?
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:24 am

you need to learn what cheese is first off.

& 2nd thing....you were not smoking me buddy. It was 13-3 w/ 2 min left in the 2nd quarter. I figured out what you were doing defensively & scored real quick to make it 13-10. Then I was driving on you when it was 13-10 in the 3rd qtr b/c I knew what you were doing......

hence this is why I smoked your ass in the 3rd game.....b/c I figured out what you were doing

The fact of the matter is that if it was me, or almost anybody else in this league, then i would have taken my loss & wouldnt have wanted to play again. learn how to take a loss.....your thinking your better than you are & you always have
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:27 am

PapaH25 wrote:you need to learn what cheese is first off.

& 2nd thing....you were not smoking me buddy. It was 13-3 w/ 2 min left in the 2nd quarter. I figured out what you were doing defensively & scored real quick to make it 13-10. Then I was driving on you when it was 13-10 in the 3rd qtr b/c I knew what you were doing......

hence this is why I smoked your ass in the 3rd game.....b/c I figured out what you were doing

The fact of the matter is that if it was me, or almost anybody else in this league, then i would have taken my loss & wouldnt have wanted to play again. learn how to take a loss.....your thinking your better than you are & you always have

You got the game wrong again my friend. it was 10-0 when you got lucky on that pass..

but hey....it's over i lose. Good Game now spank my butt in week 13.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:30 am

So a screen pass is a lucky pass when you blitz 8 players??.....ya i guess i did get lucky hmmmm

& the point being made about the game is that it was a 10 point game, which ended up being a 3 point game after i scored. So it was still a good game

see ya week 13
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:35 am

PapaH25 wrote:So a screen pass is a lucky pass when you blitz 8 players??.....ya i guess i did get lucky hmmmm

& the point being made about the game is that it was a 10 point game, which ended up being a 3 point game after i scored. So it was still a good game

see ya week 13

Hey Papah just so you know i'm only getting you riled up. Very Happy I lost and i get another chance so i gotta fuel the fire.

PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:37 am

& you did a good job of it lol

Like i said after our game....I'm kind of excited to have a true rivalry now. Ravens & Steelers hate each other in real life, so why not talk trash & get a rivalry here as well lol
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Vikings blanket the Jets 45-0. AP had almost 300 yards on the ground and Farve went 9/13 with 0 INT's for a 4th week in a row. GG Crazy
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:16 pm

PapaH25 wrote:Ravens win again 28-21 over the Broncos to stop their 3 game win streak

Notables:
Joe Flacco went 11/14, but also threw his 1st INT of the year when he overthrew a WIDE open Ed Dickson near the goal line by about 5-10 yds.
Ed Dickson keeps making a name for himself. Only had 2 receptions, but both were big league catches. However, he did drop a big pass. Also....i believe he has been tackled on the 1-3 yard line about 4 times this yr. He needs to have more desire to get in the endzone. But Ray Rice & LeRon McClain keep feeding off of Dickson's mistakes as they keep getting short yardage TD's (Rice = 7 total, McClain = 2)
Ray Lewis knotched his 5th INT in as many games. He hasnt had many tackles this year (b/c Madden likes to give his "tackles" to other people that show up 2nd to the play), but his pass coverage is plush
Rookie CB Chris Cook got his 1st career INT & it was a beauty. Baited the QB & jumped infront of a route. He looked like a veteran.
Sergio Kindle is a man among boys.....it really isn't even fair sometimes

Oh & Elvis Dumerville is an asshole.....he is all over the place & I recommend staying away from him

GG Hooligan....always a pleasure

Lol, I actually have the exact opposite feelings about DOOM...

GG Papa..
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:18 pm

your killing it this yr Egnited. From one of my favorite owners in all these leagues & being one of the most respected owners, I'm glad your doing good & you like it.

& I like all those user picks...I now have 5 with Ray Lewis. So I am 1-up'ing you!!! Ha ha ha its a duel son!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:39 am