PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Rivers and co. start off hot in week 1 earning Offensive Player of the Week, but will the heat wave continue vs the Jags? John and I have met 3 years in a row in the playoffs and he took the last two games...the final one being a BLOWOUT 45-0. Chargers want revenge and are planning on getting some later today!
john5153

Post  john5153 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:53 pm

Egnited wrote:Rivers and co. start off hot in week 1 earning Offensive Player of the Week, but will the heat wave continue vs the Jags? John and I have met 3 years in a row in the playoffs and he took the last two games...the final one being a BLOWOUT 45-0. Chargers want revenge and are planning on getting some later today!

lets see what a difference a year makes! lol nelson isnt the player he use to be... but he is still solid

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Revenge has been had! Bolts win it 45-28 thanks to 5 turnovers, two of which were costly fumbles by Gerrard on the run. Rivers had another great game, going 21-33 for 381 yards, 4 TDs and 1 INT.

GG John, hopefully we'll see each other in the playoffs again!

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Welp. The Colts are 2-0 after a crazy game in Indy. I was up 14-0 and feeling like i was cruising. 4 picks later I was down 17-14 with 8 minutes to play and he had the ball. Bethea then intercepted a deep pass and Manning was able to lead the Colts downfield but could not punch it in. Had to settle for a FG with 12 seconds left to send it to what appeared to be certain overtime. Not so fast! The Giants return the ball to about the twenty and have 6 seconds to work with. Eli drops back and is picked off my Townsend who is tackled with 1 second left. Vinatierri knocks down the 45 yarder to win it as time expires.

Good game Sinister. You prolly could have had about 9 picks if not for drops. I passed way better the first week. I'm already regressing

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:32 pm

duggydee75 wrote:Welp. The Colts are 2-0 after a crazy game in Indy. I was up 14-0 and feeling like i was cruising. 4 picks later I was down 17-14 with 8 minutes to play and he had the ball. Bethea then intercepted a deep pass and Manning was able to lead the Colts downfield but could not punch it in. Had to settle for a FG with 12 seconds left to send it to what appeared to be certain overtime. Not so fast! The Giants return the ball to about the twenty and have 6 seconds to work with. Eli drops back and is picked off my Townsend who is tackled with 1 second left. Vinatierri knocks down the 45 yarder to win it as time expires.

Good game Sinister. You prolly could have had about 9 picks if not for drops. I passed way better the first week. I'm already regressing

gg Duggy this game just don't like me. I'm making it plain & clear i'm definatly going 0 and 16.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:53 am

Welp, the Ravens lose a great game with the Bengals 21-19.

It really could have gone anyones way.....the game was kind of dumbed down b/c most of it was very laggy. I hope EA figures that out soon.

I dropped 3 picks on the opening drive that ultimately ended with a TD (b/c my suck-ass CB's like to....suck).
I missed a FG at the end of the 1st half b/c of lag
P.S. - I dont think you can send a guy in motion then hike the ball when he is over your offensive line. When I went for 2 point conversation at the end of the game i tried that & it didnt work, leading to me getting stuffed at the goalline. Good D
But other than that it was very even....a very good game

All in all I wasnt too upset with my crappy CB's...they played a good game against a team w/ lots of good recieving weapons. CB Chris Cook looked good for a rookie....much better than LaDarius Webb.
I just need to figure out my new playbooks & play a little more then hopefully this can be the stingy Ravens D of old
& look out for TE Ed Dickson....he is a beast.
WR Boldin only has 3 catches on the yr...but he isnt complaining b/c he also has 3 TD's Laughing

Good game Heiniken....I'm sure we will be battling good division game for a long time
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:58 am

yessir good game egnited... i tried to stay in it early, but the big plays really take away from me even on offense.... im not a big play guy and drew breaking runs like that almost makes me mad.... kinda the reason why i didnt just run run. Overall, this game is going to really test my playcalling for a while until i get the speed down on how to try and jump routes... all those passes yesterday and i only was able to jump one... and that was at the goaline so that dont really count. I will say your have always been one of the better passers in the league so you torching me like that doesnt make me feel as bad as if someone else did it. Good game man.... appreciate the ass whooping...

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Yeah dude, my run D just can't stop anyone right now. Maybe it's because I'm usering at safety whenever possible now and I'm terrible at reading those run plays, so my last line of defense is pretty bad until I get used to it. But your running game was just nuts. It wasn't even you breaking tackles, you were just in the zone, always seemed to have space, especially when I had to blitz you. I was wondering why you went away from it so quickly, even though you were down big after halftime, since it was working so well. All good bro, can't wait till our next game!
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Egnited wrote:Yeah dude, my run D just can't stop anyone right now. Maybe it's because I'm usering at safety whenever possible now and I'm terrible at reading those run plays, so my last line of defense is pretty bad until I get used to it. But your running game was just nuts. It wasn't even you breaking tackles, you were just in the zone, always seemed to have space, especially when I had to blitz you. I was wondering why you went away from it so quickly, even though you were down big after halftime, since it was working so well. All good bro, can't wait till our next game!

yeah i know u would figure that... but it was almost cheesy.... with drew..... even being down the way the running game was working i could have still used it to try and keep it closer... maybe if i were in the playoffs, i would have succumb to doing whatever it takes to win, but i have to use these games to learn it, if i can.... as frustrating as the fumbles were... it was a lesson.
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:37 pm

And you guys say theres no such thing as D. Vikings force 8 turnovers and route the Dolphins 45-15...gg highlight

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Those early fumbles were getting under my skin.

My O-Line sucks outside of Long.

You killed me with the passing game. I was too focused on AP all game.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Bu11ze1 wrote:And you guys say theres no such thing as D. Vikings force 8 turnovers and route the Dolphins 45-15...gg highlight

lol kevin williams pat williams and ray edwards dominating isnt what im talking about exactly.... (assuming his oline didnt hold up)
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:35 pm

man.... those ravens are tough on that running game..... papa, u wont even have to pass more than 10 to 15 times a game... for real, and that is just to keep it "sim" their power running game is ridiculous.... im ravens in another league (3strikes) and i just played the jets.... and he couldnt stop it.... i actually felt bad.. he didnt come out in quarters dime even nickel 3-3-5 and ravens oline enguffed them..... i had over a 100 yards with mcgahee,mcclain and had 92 with rice... (purposely didnt run with rice after i seen this) i will say their corners are their weakspot... if you get pressure tho, they will make plays.... sergio is a beast on passing situations..... man.... imma hate to play you when you get it all together
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:28 pm

ya their running game is real nice. Having a badass oline helps a lot. Flacco is good too for the most part...he overthrew my TE 3 times last night vs the Bengals, & 2 of those would have been TD's. But overall he is good. They have a lot of weapons

& yes CB is weak....& mine is weaker since i dont have Fabian or Foxworth. But hopefully it will grow to be good. I do love the front 7, though. Suggs, Kindle, Barnes = BEAST PASS RUSHERS

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:26 pm

how is it that the browns owner can be online playing madden and not respond to any of my message of franchise invites starting to piss me off
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:30 pm

PapaH25 wrote:ya their running game is real nice. Having a badass oline helps a lot. Flacco is good too for the most part...he overthrew my TE 3 times last night vs the Bengals, & 2 of those would have been TD's. But overall he is good. They have a lot of weapons

& yes CB is weak....& mine is weaker since i dont have Fabian or Foxworth. But hopefully it will grow to be good. I do love the front 7, though. Suggs, Kindle, Barnes = BEAST PASS RUSHERS

omg.... beast pass rushers to say the least.. i see myself getting mad if they dont get pressure by themselves 2 out 5 times...... that is how ridiculous they are..... dime package.... front four suggs,redding,nagata kindle...... wow.... u can replace redding with anyone.... im not sure if johnson can go there... but damm.... all 90's if you can with 2 99's wtf? are you serious?

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm

cant connect t0 browns owner
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:29 pm

I love how EA didn't even include 3 of my draft picks on the roster this yr. They're such busters...
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm with you HTOWN. Thats why I wanted to wait til the update b/c I have 3 or 4 rookies that arent on my roster.

A very promising RT that will prob start on Saturday (6th round pick). Arthur Jones at DE, who was projected as a 1st round pick until he tore his knee up, so he should have been high potential too. & this isnt to mention my 2 young CB's that could turn out good

Annoying
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm missing a TE that looks promising, a converted TE that they are going to use at reciever(6'2" 225lbs ran a 4.4, super athlete, Dorin Dickerson) and another good run blocking G that I really need.
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:15 am

I dont understand how the packers just won.. I really can't. Im so embarrassed.

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:15 am

let it be known that RashOwned QUIT our game with 8 secs left after he blew a 23-7 lead and I won 31-25. Bitch.
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:19 am

Vikings win 55-20 after giving up quick 14 points in the 1st quarter. Farve went his 3rd game in a row with 0 INT's and the Vikings D played great. Time settings still suck though btw, i found myself running the entire 4th quarter with 48 points and draining it down much as i could. Although it's better and the yards gained wasnt nearly as bad.
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:22 am

Ill beat you next time, for sure. Im sorry to all Bears fans.

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:27 am

rashowned wrote:Ill beat you next time, for sure. Im sorry to all Bears fans.

you have to actually finish the game first.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 pm