PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD RETURNS

RASHOwneD

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  RASHOwneD on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:03 am

ok, thanks tony.
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:55 pm

any chance we change to all madden? too many int being dropped. it could also be the reason defense AI seems slow to react on some plays.

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 pm

We tried that in MXL2 and just had a crazy number of INTs for the leading passers in the league....I think all pro is fine for now, honestly the last couple weeks my defense has turned up the heat turnover wise so I don't have a problem with it. Gotta remember they're CBs and not WRs for a reason....
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:11 pm

you shouldnt have a problem with it. you scored 61 points last game.

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:21 pm

It was a 19-14 game at halftime...he just had a bad 2nd half defensively. I had a pick 6, then he had one play on D where he had no one lined up next to VJ and was in man so I hot routed him deep and he scored a quick TD...then at the end he just couldn't stop my ground game, mostly due to him using a formation with only 3 d linemen which I didn't really understand. I only allowed 21 points total...one of which was a pick 6...and going through this week's schedule, it seems people are getting used to playing D. I was able to shut down Fitz pretty easily and was running cover 2 man the entire 2nd half and shut him out with it. I think it's just a matter of people getting used to defense.

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:25 pm

i'd vote against changing the difficulty also. seems like the scores are beginning to go down also. there are still some 60+ point scores, but less of them...especially with the teams that are continually doing it (saints, falcons) lions and eagles are still scoring a **** ton though

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:30 pm

maybe its in the rules somewhere but I dont really want to look....are you allowed to use a RB as a WR. I recently played someone who used thier backup RB as thier #2 WR and thier top WR as thier slot....is this allowed?
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 pm

I think its unfair when pre-play it tells you, 2 wr 2 rb and a TE. But then you see theres 3WR because his rb is a wr. It kinda screws with your defensive playcalling.

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:36 pm

im pretty sure its allowed (although i don't like it), because i play ang2fresh 2x a season (saints) and she used to put bush at wr (either her or the last person to have the saints did)

it does get pretty difficult to figure out formations because a 2rb 2wr 1te formation can be a pounder formation or a 3 wide spread out formation you just don't know until you see the field.
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:23 pm

lucky0644 wrote:im pretty sure its allowed (although i don't like it), because i play ang2fresh 2x a season (saints) and she used to put bush at wr (either her or the last person to have the saints did)

it does get pretty difficult to figure out formations because a 2rb 2wr 1te formation can be a pounder formation or a 3 wide spread out formation you just don't know until you see the field.

Steelers play book does it on it's own creating mismatches. It's designed that way. One play you will WR lined up in one spot then come back in the same formation and be somewhere else.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:07 am

Puj5stl wrote:maybe its in the rules somewhere but I dont really want to look....are you allowed to use a RB as a WR. I recently played someone who used thier backup RB as thier #2 WR and thier top WR as thier slot....is this allowed?

that is a good question...... probably not in the rules but definitely should be.... i dont mind the rbs being the 3rd wr...... ones like reggie bush splint out all the time... its one of those things that is hard to judge... last year in mxl2 i had the eagles and i had jackson, maclin then westbrook and bryant basically sharing time..... i say if you do it... dont overdo it, but that is whole different can of worms then..... "WHAT IS TOO MUCH?"

ON the wr in the slot question.. that is kinda cheesy if you got it by DEFAULT setup that way... i think you should be allowed to SUB him in several formations..... they do move wrs around like that in the nfl..... should be 1 or 2 spot to me...
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:24 am

ya but people actually use that stuff in real life. Sometimes RB's line up as WR's. I use TE's at WR sometimes b/c that happens in real life too. & I know that in Baltimores offensive PB that it will have a 5 wide set w/ Ray Rice as the WR by default.

You just have to learn what your opponent does & adjust to it throughout the game b/c you should know it is coming after a couple times
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:27 am

PapaH25 wrote:ya but people actually use that stuff in real life. Sometimes RB's line up as WR's. I use TE's at WR sometimes b/c that happens in real life too. & I know that in Baltimores offensive PB that it will have a 5 wide set w/ Ray Rice as the WR by default.

You just have to learn what your opponent does & adjust to it throughout the game b/c you should know it is coming after a couple times

Week 13 ---- all that needs to be said between us after playing 3 games for only one to count.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:31 am

Can't wait sugar. We have a good old fashioned rivalry now. I havent had one of those...especially not against a decent player too so I'm excited
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:09 am

PapaH25 wrote:Can't wait sugar. We have a good old fashioned rivalry now. I havent had one of those...especially not against a decent player too so I'm excited

Well considering the first 2 games where legit 1 to you controlling and 1 to me controlling then 3rd game with nothing went my way period and the games disconnecting you definitely have rivalry and it's gonna be ugly like the real one. Enjoy your victory and when Troy Polamalu returns Dickson is going down.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:27 am

The only place Dickson is going is to the end zone if you leave him uncovered.

On a better note....& notes from our game:
Ed Dickson is dominating again for the 4th time this yr
Ray Lewis has 3 INT's through 2 1/2 quarters of play (our game got DC'ed w/ 3 min left in the 3rd quarter) as PapaH is learning how to control defense better & better
& Joe Flacco has still yet to throw an INT through 4 games
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:36 am

PapaH25 wrote:The only place Dickson is going is to the end zone if you leave him uncovered.

Ray Lewis has 3 INT's through 2 1/2 quarters of play (our game got DC'ed w/ 3 min left in the 3rd quarter) as PapaH is learning how to control defense better & better

Flacco had a INT in the games that got DQ'd.... haha and that Ray lewis INT in the endzone was not real.

RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:02 am

Ray Lewis got swagger. 10 years after he retires, I would not be surprised at his chances of being the next Lombordi. I don't know one kid who will not have respect for him.
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:39 am

HB at WR is legit. It's in the formation subs in the rules here and as an option preplay. Teams use this tactic all the time. It shouldn't be messed with.

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 pm

1 HB at WR is legit, not 3. I saw this when I played the Lions. The preplay would show 2 WRs and 3 RBs.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:35 pm

PWn3DvILl3 wrote:1 HB at WR is legit, not 3. I saw this when I played the Lions. The preplay would show 2 WRs and 3 RBs.

that is the key... it is allowed and is realistic.... but not when ABUSED.... every play? every down? throw that 70 ovr bummish wr out there sometimes just to make it look right.... when i was the eagles, i didnt spread westbrook out EVERY PLAY OF EVERY DOWN.... that is cheap, they are running backs for a reason......

but i understand your point too papa.. im ravens in another franchise and i spread out dickson too.. but i try to limit how many formations i do that in.... they spread ray rice out from time to time too... but i dont unless it is that 5 wr formation that they do it on their own...... some teams worry about putting all their 95 speed players out there on the field soo much that they forget that you have to keep it relatively "realistic". i played a guy last year that would put chris johnson in the slot....... is that realistic? maybe... but not SEVERAL TIMES....
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:36 pm

ViperX24 wrote:
PapaH25 wrote:The only place Dickson is going is to the end zone if you leave him uncovered.

Flacco had a INT in the games that got DQ'd.... haha and that Ray lewis INT in the endzone was not real.

Ok Flacco had an INT in the 2nd game that we played. Right before I started coming back & putting up yards on you. He overthrew Dickson by about 10 yds. He overthrew 4 people by 10-20 yds that game. Just b/c Big Ben threw 4 INT's dont mean you have to knock my QB Laughing Laughing Laughing

& Rays INT in the endzone was only ridiculous b/c he tried to show off his amazing hands by picking it off 1 handed. Other than that, it was a bad choice on your part b/c I knew what route you were doing & I had him covered. If it wasnt for Ben's accuracy then it wouldnt have been close

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:36 pm

I love how nexus24 has to play like a scrub to get his wins. This is a sim league and and this corn ball wants to run around in circles with Moss late in the game to burn the clock instead of running in for a TD. Real sim!! There would've been like 1:30 left but I guess when you suck and play scared you do what you have to.

What a corn ball!!

I lost that game so I hope you don't think you did anything special and you best believe when we play again I'm going to smash you...WRITE IT DOWN SCRUB!!

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Listen you clown when you go for it on 4th and 3 on your own 30 instead of kicking a field goal you shouldn't have any say.. YOU COST YOURSELF THE GAME. Check the stats that's not how I got the win I love how you keep saying that. 24 points in the 4th quarter and the only reason I got the win was cause I decided to back peddle and waste the clock...

Like I said fix your play calling, defense might be hard in 11 but going for it on 4th down when you could of went up 3 well who knows what was going on in that peanut of yours.. you obviously were scared I would score a TD.

keep your BS for your next opponent your just mad cause a 0-3 patriots CORRECTION 1-3 Very Happy came back from 21 points in the 4th quarter.. you cry more then a girl seriously.

not to mention I basically gave you the game in the 1st half.. kicking the kickoff out of bounds a couple times and blowing coverage, yet I won cause of 1 play HA sounds like a bad joke..

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:23 pm

i officially will not play with lag...missed fgs ...out of bounce kicks....players lagging on plays that are timing routes...i lost because i lost...but the lag was so bad that you couldnt hardly do anything, everything was off, passes, just movement in general...o well gg grundle wish you the best of luck.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:41 am