PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

Log in

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2


SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Share

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:27 pm

john5153 wrote:
lucky0644 wrote:Lol, I agree that my game vs bengals (iheinaken?
)_ was....surprising. Although I willl say your redzone turnovers were more your fault then anything. Although sinisters week1 game was also against me and that was turnover laden on his part. Maybe I got something goin here...


yeah LUCK
ya probably. gotta figure my turnover margin will flip-flop eventually. especially with a rookie qb. surprising to see my defense play so well because they are very average up front and in the safetys
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:08 pm

lucky0644 wrote:
john5153 wrote:
lucky0644 wrote:Lol, I agree that my game vs bengals (iheinaken?
)_ was....surprising. Although I willl say your redzone turnovers were more your fault then anything. Although sinisters week1 game was also against me and that was turnover laden on his part. Maybe I got something goin here...


yeah LUCK
ya probably. gotta figure my turnover margin will flip-flop eventually. especially with a rookie qb. surprising to see my defense play so well because they are very average up front and in the safetys


i just said that because of your name.... lol
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:40 pm

I've played 3 games now in this league and a total of 9 games all together since i bought madden and against my 3 opponents in this league and 4 other users i noticed people like to snap the ball and run right or left right away with the QB and throw to the HB on the flats which is usually open 95 percent of the time.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:49 pm

da303hooligan wrote:Mine and duggy's game was laggier than ****, and both of us are hardwired in..I think it has somethin to do with the servers being overloaded or something, I dont know but it sucks trying to play in that crap..

Ps. Tebow is out for the season lol


Yeah our game was horribly lagtastic! My play was bad and he buried me, but two of my picks were caused by the lag im sure of it. Plus, like papa said the game is so unenjoyable when it lags. The occasional lag is expected but this was a non stop crazy fucked up lag. We should have started over right away to see if we could iron it out, but we just played through cuz we're tough asses.

GG hooligan. Sorry bout Tebow but not really. At first i thought it was orton! That would have been sweet lol


Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:57 pm

1 game left and someone plays computer...gotta love it
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:13 pm

ViperX24 wrote:I've played 3 games now in this league and a total of 9 games all together since i bought madden and against my 3 opponents in this league and 4 other users i noticed people like to snap the ball and run right or left right away with the QB and throw to the HB on the flats which is usually open 95 percent of the time.


HMMMM.. havent notice that really... people in this league? im a short to medium range passer so i throw short passes all the time.... i usually just take what the defense gives me... with those zones, sometimes it is hard to let the wr "clear" the zone and stay in the pocket.... as long as they aint doing 15 times a game i guess im cool
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:35 pm

john5153 wrote:
ViperX24 wrote:I've played 3 games now in this league and a total of 9 games all together since i bought madden and against my 3 opponents in this league and 4 other users i noticed people like to snap the ball and run right or left right away with the QB and throw to the HB on the flats which is usually open 95 percent of the time.


HMMMM.. havent notice that really... people in this league? im a short to medium range passer so i throw short passes all the time.... i usually just take what the defense gives me... with those zones, sometimes it is hard to let the wr "clear" the zone and stay in the pocket.... as long as they aint doing 15 times a game i guess im cool

Yeah if you look at my games the HB is the leading receiver in receptions in all 3 games....haha crazy

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:02 pm

wally54452 wrote:1 game left and someone plays computer...gotta love it

lol...yea, i sent ncballa an email (b/c he gets those to his phone) about possibly getting game finished before 6:30 et. so far still unplayed and i dont know if he's on psn or when he intends on playing game. we'll see...

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:54 pm

you want a crazy game....

CAROLINA VS NO...IN N.O.

for the most part it was a fairly regular game through the first 3 qtrs. the saints were able to take a commanding first half lead because d.will fumbled early which set up a td and the N.O. offense was very efficient.

The panther offense came alive in the second half through their passing game of all things....

On the last offensive play of the game J.Clausen throws a bomb to s.smith for a 63 yard td to take a 4 pt. lead.

the ensuing kickoff almost gave it back to the saints. panthers squib kick the ball to a speed demon returner apparently, who fakes a pitch to the right and takes off to the left.

it became a foot race between his speedster and my nickel back c.munnerlynn, but munnerlynn was able to run him out of bounds to keep the win....phew!!!

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Yeah. Crazy Game. Good Game though. See you later in the season. That dropped pass to Stockley kicked my butt.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:55 pm

.Fall3nAng3l224 wrote:GG by the Packers, but the Lions are now 2-2 as the beat the undefeated Packers. Some highlights all around..

Stafford: 17 of 23 for 385 yards with 5 tds and 2 picks
Rodgers: 27 of 47 for 788 yards with 6tds and 4 picks

Jahvid best continued his rookie rampage with 19 carries for 171 yards with 3 tds.
The Lions defense held the packers running game to negative yardage as Grant went 6 carries for -9 yards and Jackson was only 1 attempt for 3 yards/

Johnson Jr: 8 catches for 275 yards and 5 tds, player of the week?
And the Packers recievers has plenty of yards split between them, defense was hard to come by in the air.

Oh and a side note.. 3 more of my players were taken out for the game, now making.. 7 of my starters hurt for multiple weeks.. my season is practically over. :/

GG man.

Jennings and Driver had 258 and 259 yards each. The way I played in the first half just put me behind too early plus having 5 or 6 turnovers killed me. Having to punt when the game was 41-36 probably was the worst thing I could have done but I think it was 4th and 18 and I had momentum at the time, having stormed back after being down 34-10 at the half. That INT in the endzone was a killer too. Just too many mistakes on my part once I got the game back to being close.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:59 pm

One other thing, Rodgers only had about 850 yards passing before that game and now owns a record that could be very hard to break with 788 yards.
avatar
ViperX24

Posts : 410
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 101
Location : Charleston, South Carolina

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  ViperX24 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:18 pm

PWn3DvILl3 wrote:One other thing, Rodgers only had about 850 yards passing before that game and now owns a record that could be very hard to break with 788 yards.


This is just Ridiculous now.....788 yards ??? They really need to fix this game.
avatar
RASHOwneD

Posts : 302
Join date : 2009-12-13
Location : Chicago City

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  RASHOwneD on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:23 pm

ViperX24 wrote:
PWn3DvILl3 wrote:One other thing, Rodgers only had about 850 yards passing before that game and now owns a record that could be very hard to break with 788 yards.


This is just Ridiculous now.....788 yards ??? They really need to fix this game.

I think people need to put more thought when playing defense..

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:29 pm

rashowned wrote:
ViperX24 wrote:
PWn3DvILl3 wrote:One other thing, Rodgers only had about 850 yards passing before that game and now owns a record that could be very hard to break with 788 yards.


This is just Ridiculous now.....788 yards ??? They really need to fix this game.

I think people need to put more thought when playing defense..

He did, he was running Zones, Mans, Combos, Blitzes, the coverage just wasn't there. Driver and Jennings continually beat their corners for big plays. Even Calvin Johnson was unstoppable and kept beating Man Cover 2 all game.
avatar
RASHOwneD

Posts : 302
Join date : 2009-12-13
Location : Chicago City

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  RASHOwneD on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 pm

I forgot he has the worst CBs in the league. But still, no cbs can be that bad starting on an NFL roster. Must be AI.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:57 pm

rashowned wrote:I forgot he has the worst CBs in the league. But still, no cbs can be that bad starting on an NFL roster. Must be AI.

Definitely the AI. Charles Woodson couldn't stop Calvin Johnson either. Three receivers had over 250 yard that game.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:59 pm

And the Chargers keep rolling...4-0 now after a big 61-21 win over the Cardinals! The Charger defense was playing lights out, only allowing 2 offensive TDs and forcing 6 turnovers (5 fumbles and 1 INT). Charger D had 7 sacks total I think and a safety, and Merriman had 4 of em. Weddle now has 3 picks on the season, all of them user'd by yours truly. Good game PAPA, he got no breaks, had his players getting injured on what seemed like every play. Next time we play I think it'll be way closer...he just got a little impatient in the 2nd half which lead to some fumbles by the QB and some 3 and outs.

Chargers are excited for their next matchup against the rival Raiders!
avatar
john5153

Posts : 866
Join date : 2009-09-18

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  john5153 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 am

Egnited wrote:And the Chargers keep rolling...4-0 now after a big 61-21 win over the Cardinals! The Charger defense was playing lights out, only allowing 2 offensive TDs and forcing 6 turnovers (5 fumbles and 1 INT). Charger D had 7 sacks total I think and a safety, and Merriman had 4 of em. Weddle now has 3 picks on the season, all of them user'd by yours truly. Good game PAPA, he got no breaks, had his players getting injured on what seemed like every play. Next time we play I think it'll be way closer...he just got a little impatient in the 2nd half which lead to some fumbles by the QB and some 3 and outs.

Chargers are excited for their next matchup against the rival Raiders!





egnited is fucking beast...... u are telling everyone up
avatar
RASHOwneD

Posts : 302
Join date : 2009-12-13
Location : Chicago City

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  RASHOwneD on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:13 am

quick question, are we allowed 1 fourth down before the 4th quarter? Even if its on our side of the field? I personally think that is not a SIM rule.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:17 am

rashowned wrote:quick question, are we allowed 1 fourth down before the 4th quarter? Even if its on our side of the field? I personally think that is not a SIM rule.


I think you have to past your own 40 yard line to go for it on 4th down.
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:22 am

Rashowned... It would serve you best to just steer clear of the 4th down rule. It has debated over and over long before you came along brother.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:33 am

rashowned wrote:quick question, are we allowed 1 fourth down before the 4th quarter? Even if its on our side of the field? I personally think that is not a SIM rule.

YES, you are allowed one 4th down attempt BEFORE 4th quarter. HOWEVER, it must be within 10yds of 50 yd line (either side) AND must be an attempt no greater than 3 yds to go.

this is allowed b/c you occasionally see teams attempt a short 4th down attempt before it's required to for a comeback attempt. i know it dont seem sim but it's worked for the most part since MXL '10.
avatar
RASHOwneD

Posts : 302
Join date : 2009-12-13
Location : Chicago City

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  RASHOwneD on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:39 am

And what if your winning? In the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarters?

I can understand it being SIM, if your losing. But what if your winning? I can see it being SIm, while your winning, if its under 3 minutes in the 4th, and it will 100% guarantee that the defense has no chance of getting the ball back.


I bring this up as I noticed John's league and this league have similar settings and rules.

A guy went for 4th an inches while he was winning by 8 in the 3rd quarter. On his 38, but let's pretend it was his own 42. It's still bullshit, that is not sim.

Guest
Guest

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 am

rashowned wrote:And what if your winning? In the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarters?

I can understand it being SIM, if your losing. But what if your winning? I can see it being SIm, while your winning, if its under 3 minutes in the 4th, and it will 100% guarantee that the defense has no chance of getting the ball back.


I bring this up as I noticed John's league and this league have similar settings and rules.

A guy went for 4th an inches while he was winning by 8 in the 3rd quarter. On his 38, but let's pretend it was his own 42. It's still bullshit, that is not sim.

if someone complains about someone attempting a 4th down attempt in 4th quarter to preserve a victory then they dont know football. i can understand if it's not a short attempt b/c typically you see an offense punt the ball but the offense has the right to go for the victory if it's a short attempt.

as far as your other example, pretend it's at the 42 and they convert it's still your job to stop them again. if you cant then that's on you....BUT they've now used up their 1 attempt.

Sponsored content

Re: SMACKBOARD RETURNS

Post  Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 am