PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD!

Re: SMACKBOARD!

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:15 am

i would like to apologize to the cowboys...the first game i was getting my ass handed to me and it wasnt even close but mid third i had a blip in my power and lost power to everything for a sec...the second game falcons win but should have had a loss this week. again i apologize , he was nice enough to restart even tho we both knew i lost that game.

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:32 am

wally54452 wrote:i would like to apologize to the cowboys...the first game i was getting my ass handed to me and it wasnt even close but mid third i had a blip in my power and lost power to everything for a sec...the second game falcons win but should have had a loss this week. again i apologize , he was nice enough to restart even tho we both knew i lost that game.

lol...no need to apologize. **** happens...it just happens that it was during our game, no biggie. i chose to restart b/c i love to play vs good players. eventhough we both knew i was kicking butt i decided to try and do it again. unfortunately for me, i couldnt replicate my domination from 1st game to 2nd game. good game wally...i shouldve kicked your a$$ the 2nd time around; that int td before half sucked and i just couldnt stop your pass to Girley in 4th quarter no matter how fast i manually rushed toward the sidelines. lol. good game tho, the int's ended up killing me and for once the turnovers you got werent from some bs play rather it was all my fault. see your a$$ in playoffs and hopefully i can have a game like i did the 1st time around. remember, M. Ryan (Mr. All Pro) was something like 9/21 90yds 0td 1int midway thru 3qtrs.

good night to all...my a$$ is off to bed. something i shouldve done 2-3 hours ago.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:18 am

jags win a solid game 24-14...... had a lil scare when they carted off j.hale, my first round pick this year, but he will be out only a week.... drew had one of his usual games 11 carries for 73 yards. but the big story was RE JUSTIN SMITH... he had 8 tackles (5 for loss) and 2 sacks. Which were all did by the cpu. dominating performance. good game nexus... moss on those crossing routes gave my corners fits....
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Jags pull out a tough game at home against the houston texans.... drew had 92 yards on 9 carries, with majority coming on a 78 yard scamper early in the game. Houston moved the ball fairly well against the jag's d but Jacksonville came up with 3 drive stopping turnovers that sealed the game.... reggie nelson came out of hibernation this game with a season high 6 tackles, 1 int and a fumble recovery. Tyler branch, who already leads the team in sacks, added another one to increase his total to 5 on the year.... GOOD GAME HTOWN!

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:02 pm

week 8 game of the week - Ravens Steelers - d/c in the 3rd Ravens up 14-10 in what was looking like a damn good game. Highlights of the game that will never be---Ravens - Mason 75 yard TD run...Ngata int as Steelers are moving into the endzone
Steelers - Fitzgerald 4 catches 75 yards TD....
john5153

Post  john5153 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Puj5stl wrote:week 8 game of the week - Ravens Steelers - d/c in the 3rd Ravens up 14-10 in what was looking like a damn good game. Highlights of the game that will never be---Ravens - Mason 75 yard TD run...Ngata int as Steelers are moving into the endzone

ea has been trippin lately with all these dc mess.. last few times i had to play multiple games a day, it would freeze on me... all of them except once happen to be in the second half of a game i was winning, but wasnt out of reach......
ViperX24

Post  ViperX24 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:59 pm

john5153 wrote:
Puj5stl wrote:week 8 game of the week - Ravens Steelers - d/c in the 3rd Ravens up 14-10 in what was looking like a damn good game. Highlights of the game that will never be---Ravens - Mason 75 yard TD run...Ngata int as Steelers are moving into the endzone

ea has been trippin lately with all these dc mess.. last few times i had to play multiple games a day, it would freeze on me... all of them except once happen to be in the second half of a game i was winning, but wasnt out of reach......

I'm pissed at EA my defense was solid and making plays in my first game against Dolphins until highlight got disconnected. So we start over and my defense was helpless dropping Int's and missing tackles playing like idiots and his WR's where freaking catching everything. Sometimes this game really pisses me off...haha
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:03 am

dont worry.....the more I play this game the more I realize how much most attributes dont matter. Its an irritating game. I still love it, I'm just ready to see what is going to happen w/ Madden '11.

Just little things like people with 10 tackle will come down & tackle people on kick return....that kinda irritates me. Ed Reed drops every INT to him, but yet Ngata will catch everything lol. In MXL2 & my Raiders, Mike Mitchell was prob the best player on my team last year when he was a 67 overall, but now this year he is the worst player I have & he is a 72 or something now. It's just funny. Oh well, I guess that is how football can be in real life sometimes, but it is frustrating a lot of times.

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 am

i'll get to play my first mxl game in about 11 days tomorrow...finally.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:28 pm

PapaH25 wrote:dont worry.....the more I play this game the more I realize how much most attributes dont matter. Its an irritating game. I still love it, I'm just ready to see what is going to happen w/ Madden '11.

Just little things like people with 10 tackle will come down & tackle people on kick return....that kinda irritates me. Ed Reed drops every INT to him, but yet Ngata will catch everything lol. In MXL2 & my Raiders, Mike Mitchell was prob the best player on my team last year when he was a 67 overall, but now this year he is the worst player I have & he is a 72 or something now. It's just funny. Oh well, I guess that is how football can be in real life sometimes, but it is frustrating a lot of times.

yeah, but that what makes each year kinda fun.... i have players that make plays that aint suppose to. then on the other hand, players im expecting to play well dont... in mxl asante was terrible last year... but this year he doing very good getting picks and not getting burnt..... go figure.... mmcoy, my best running back is terrible, seems to fumble every other hit, while westbrook is really doing well for me.... makes it interesting.... but frustrating all at the same time!

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:34 am

and the Cowboys win huge last night vs Bucs. 52-6 was final score HOWEVER it was only 42-6 with about 2mins left in 3rd before NCballa and I decided it was okay for him to quit.

to be honest, ncballa got screwed last night. after i get him to punt, my first drive, i think 2nd or 3rd down, i do a screen pass to F. Jones and he takes it 74yds for the TD but not before breaking out of every single tackle that was attempted...in the end i think it was about 6 broken tackles on that 1 play alone. then after i get an int on his next possession, on my 1st play i throw it to Austin and he too break about 5 tackles to get into the end zone and i'm up 14-0. he finally scores a fg on his next possession and get me to punt. however, on my punt he breaks 1 tackle and get hammered by Scandrick for a fumble td and now i'm up 21-3 midway thru 2qtrs.

rest of the game was more of the same...sorry ncballa for such a BS game but i can say that it happens to anyone and i've been on the other side of the BS.
RASHOwneD

Post  RASHOwneD on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:13 am

i bet you he was tapping that strip button a tad bit too much

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:35 am

rashowned wrote:i bet you he was tapping that strip button a tad bit too much

could be a possibility however i dont think players break tackles from multiple defenders more than once on the same play. like i said, it was a bit unrealistic even if he was trying to strip, but it happens on this game and i've been on his side of things before. oh well, got my W after disappointing loss to Falcons
john5153

Post  john5153 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:57 pm

yep.... sometimes it goes crazy... i hate when they break the pile, then break another tackle, like come on now.... u serious? last week i got on on htown, yesterday cowboys in mxl2 did it to me...

dgfiasco

Post  dgfiasco on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:25 pm

omg 2 sim loses this whole year in MXL sucks

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:15 pm

there seems to be a lot more parity this season then last. i think there are only 2 teams that have a multi. game lead in their division, and there are a lot of teams whose records range from 5-3 to 3-5 (17 teams)
john5153

Post  john5153 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:27 am

jags pull out a defensive struggle against the TITANS 21-13. no team got over 300 total yards.....Game was won on a fumble on 3rd down by chris johnson in which jags picked it up and ran out the clock... good close game funky.....

Last edited by john5153 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:56 am

You mean Titans... My fumble was by Daniels... When I was winning and driving to go up by more. Typical EA Texans away luck... Then they go and give them a 78 OVR rating... Whatever EA. It would just be nice for the 3rd ranked offense in the NFL the last 2 yrs to have at least a decent oline rating...

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Chargers lose an awesome game to the Panthers, I started off hot, driving down for a TD, then immediately getting a pick-6 on Lucky's first offensive play, then a 3 and out by the Panthers, then I drove down and kicked a FG. Panthers found themselves down 17-0 with 3 mins left in the first. However adjustments would make the difference as San Diego's offense couldn't get much going over the next two quarters, and couldn't figure out how to stop the D Williams and that Panthers o.

Eventually I was down 10 with 3 minutes left in the game, Panthers facing a 3rd and 5 on my 20 yard line, and Eric Weddle made a huge INT that kept San Diego in the game. Chargers would drive down and score in under 2 minutes after struggling for the two quarters prior, using no timeouts and leaving around 1:30 on the clock. Panthers would eventually punt the ball into my endzone, so the Chargers had the ball at the 20 with 1:13 or so left. However the first play was an interception (the kind where his guy wasn't even looking and then turned right as my WR made a cut inside and happened to know exactly where the ball was going) to basically end the game as the Panthers kicked a fg as time expired.

Final score 37-31 Carolina over San Diego

Great game lucky

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:14 pm

ya that was a great game. i really thought i had no chance after the first 4 mins of the 1st qtr. you forgot to mention that d.will was injured after my 3rd play (luckily he came back quickly)

all though that interception was a little iffy....i did have that wr in double coverage with a safety. maybe it was that 'play recognition' stuff...i don't really know. but i do know that you've been killin me with post and post corner routes with him all day. GG though

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Yeah it probably was, but I threw it right as he broke inside so I figured he'd at least have a tiny bit of separation. I hate how DBs will make those crazy one handed, no-look picks but will drop the ones that hit them right in the hands. I know you had at least one really easy drop, and then I user Weddle backwards and he makes the catch with his back facing the QB. Ridiculous

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:45 pm

ya, no biggie. just something in the game. weddle also dropped one that he should of had. but ya, i think when those crazy picks happen it play recognition and spectacular catch ratings
john5153

Post  john5153 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:35 pm

yeah i had something like that happen to me just in my last game... on 4th down titans went for it near the goaline, and he threw a perfect pass, only where the wr could get it and he dove for it and dropped it.... i went 3 and out and then he drove down there again and on 3rd down my corner positions himself right in front of the ball but doesnt make a play on it and the wr makes a good catch..... its seems to be ass backwards when trying to "even out" the gameplay
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Ravens get some redemption on the Browns from the ass-kicking the Browns gave me in week 1. Bjoern Mason fumbled the ball 3 times!!! His 3rd fumble was toward the beginning of the 3rd quarter & it went for 6 points, making the game 10-10. I almost pulled him, but on the next possession he bust out a 50 yd TD run, then throughout the rest of the game he was lights out baby.

Ravens D played the best game of the year. Coming up with 5 INTs & 1 fumble. Melvin Bullitt grabbed 2 picks as he is having an amazing year. Great game by my whole defense....it felt like the Ravens D from the 1st 2 seasons here. Hopefully they can keep that crap up.

Final score 34-10

GG haciendo

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:36 pm

hope u ready for them cowboys

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:25 am