PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

SMACKBOARD....M25!

SMACKBOARD....M25!

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:22 pm

Cowboys welcome the 1-1 Rams to Jerry's Palace and come out victorious!

Had to re-start after first game d/c with 4 mins remaining and Cowboys leading by 4 with ball. Unfortunately for H1GHL1GHT, the second game was only close for a half. With approx. 20 seconds left in 2nd qtr, the Cowboys take over at the 20, after a Kenny Phillips int (3), and on a draw play HB Murray takes it 79 yards to the 1 yd line! HUGE turning point to the game as it was only 13-10 at that point. VY does the rest and puts the Cowboys up 20-10 at halftime. 2nd half was full of turnovers on part of S. Bradford and shutdown D from the Cowboys! End result, Cowboys win 44-10!!

2-1 BITCHES!! I'M COMING FOR MY 4TH MXL RING THIS YEAR!!
john5153

Re: SMACKBOARD....M25!

Post  john5153 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Cam newton has to step up because he and dwill gonna have to carry the load.....Steve smith died and so has Charles Johnson. Lost a pretty good game to the giants in overtime!
nexus

Post  nexus on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 am

lions start off the season looking like the 2008 lions who won a total of 0 games. People just aren't making plays and the D is giving up an average of 30 points a game.

Doesn't help that 3 starters are out with injuries, but those shouldn't be excuses... Lions look to get there first win vs the also struggling bears in week 4.

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:28 am

Cowboys take on the 2-1 Chargers in San Diego and are going back home 3-1 after a 30-0 victory!!

You say defense doesnt exist in this game? How about the first shutout of the season and only allowing 58 total yards of offense!! 7 sacks, 3 ints, 4 turnovers (3 int & 1 fumble)...

Dallas defense set the tone on the very first drive of game with an int by Carr. Offense converts the turnover to an early 7-0 lead. Defense shutdown everything that Chargers tried on O all game long. Romo was 20/22 with 2 td's as well as the Cowboys offense also looked good and efficient.

Bring on the next AFC West team!!

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 am

....I think defense is a whole lot better and easier this year than last.

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 am

You'll see it when you start playing the people who understand this game.
Bu11ze1

Post  Bu11ze1 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:02 am

Dan wrote:You'll see it when you start playing the people who understand this game.  
Rolling Eyes

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:07 am

Tennesee Titans get back to .500 after a forced fumble by defensive player of the year candidate Bernard Pollard. Jets were trying to get better feild position, clock management lost the Jets this one. Locker got the ball back and drove the team into fg position with no timeouts. The Jets started to call timeouts to try and get the ball back before the Titans were in fg range. Locker and the bots crushed the clock once they entered were in a high percentage fg position.

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:10 am

Dan wrote:You'll see it when you start playing the people who understand this game.  
i guess the 0-4 Buccaneers, 1-3 Saints, 1-3 Lions, and 2-2 Rams all "understand this game?"

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:54 am

oh yeah...and Mini and Fallen don't? In what might be the toughest division in the league? AFC East.

Dude, passing is toned downed...no way to argue that. Running is up...that will lead to lower scores and better defense...no way around it.

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Cowboys welcome the 1-3 Broncos to AT&T Stadium and send them back home 1-4 losers!

Cowboys improve to 4-1 as the defense once again plays great. 2 sacks, 1 fumble, 6 int's, lead by SS K. Phillips with his 5 tck 3 int performance!

Final 31-10!!

Gonna make some deadskins outta the Redskins next!
john5153

Post  john5153 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Naw...passing is toned a bit, but defense isn't easier....imma defensive player, and I don't find it easy at all......but u can stop people. The pistol formations IMO are all overpowered...run or pass....u have to committ too much to stop it......that's why tony has to make a stupid rule that u can't run certain qbs because once the formation is picked...it seems like offensive blocking is giving a extra boost...... I played Dan and he had Carson in the pistol...didn't run it once...but CPU still plays him the same like its cam in there....I shouldn't have to committ extra to a Carson Palmer lead pistol option......that being said I'm okay going against base formations and teams that don't run exclusively pistol...but that pistol is fun and the playbook I have got almost every pistol formation in it.....im only getting sacks if i blitz as well.....but I never been a dynamic blitzer..ill find a few from playing and steal others I see when they use it on me....what was we talking about again? Lol

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Formation has nothing to do with it, when I was running the Qb it was all shotgun, no pistol. So its not the formation just the game being dumb.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:15 pm

deathbyeagle wrote:Formation has nothing to do with it, when I was running the Qb it was all shotgun, no pistol. So its not the formation just the game being dumb.

Yeah your right...I can't type or convey well..li kinda mean once u get into the animation of read option....it seems overpowered.....I even notice a slight difference in someone running off tackle shotgun moreso that triple option...once it goes into that animation.....they make it too easy to do the right thing.....rarely see your corner get off that block...or the MLB scrap off the guard like he might in regular run...and even tho u made the right read...get stuffed for 1 or 2 yards....

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:17 pm

....yeah its not the formations....running is just up compared to last game...run blocking is up. Passing IS down compared to last year. Is it still easy to pass? yes. But toned down a bit. Who says its EASY to play defense in this season's game? I just said EASIER compared to last season IMO.

....That running QB rule is crazy to me. Hell I would INVITE someone to run on me with their 80 or less speed. Go for it!!!!

....with the fumbling, injuries and negative plays that occur with "option" plays....I don't think any rule in that regard is necessary.

But yeah the run blocking is overpowering this season. BUT more realistic as on zone plays you actually SEE engaged battles moving, not just stationary like every game in the past. A Stretch play last year was EASY to get past the RT on LE/LOLB engaged battle as it never moved....but now it moves which feels more realistic as cutbacks are the norm just like IRL.

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:03 pm

.....one can argue though.....that the ease of rushing this year makes defense that much tougher. To have to defend both on many more occasions.

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 am

tony87blue wrote:Cowboys welcome the 1-3 Broncos to AT&T Stadium and send them back home 1-4 losers!

Cowboys improve to 4-1 as the defense once again plays great. 2 sacks, 1 fumble, 6 int's, lead by SS K. Phillips with his 5 tck 3 int performance!

Final 31-10!!

Gonna make some deadskins outta the Redskins next!
I'm looking forward to it, Not going to be easy though. I guarantee that. lol!!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:43 am

indys-finest317 wrote:I'm looking forward to it, Not going to be easy though. I guarantee that. lol!!!!
Well, you guaranteed it wouldnt be easy and it wasnt!

Not much defense in this game for either team as both teams racked up 450+ yards of O. Cowboys got off to a great start with a 21-7 1st qtr lead after an early turnover by RGIII. However, the Redskins and RGIII went to work from then till eventually tying the game late in 4th qtr. Unfortunately, as I said, there was not much defense and the Cowboys took the 2nd to last possession of the game and took the lead. However, leaving the Redskins plenty of time to drive down the field to try the game it was do or die time for the Cowboys defense. When it mattered most, the defense stepped up with a Carr int to seal the game for good!

Cowboys get by the Redskins 42-35. Great game INDYS!

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:12 am

definitely a great game looking forward to week 16. Thanks for the coverage advice it helps out a lot.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Panthers are on a 3 game winning streak with there first win in the division versus the BUCS. Game was a lil crazy at the end as panthers couldn't stop Doug Martin. Freeman threw for over 300 yards and 4 tds but also 4 ints. No one stood out for the panthers on offense, but Charles Godfrey had a career game with 2 ints and 5 tackles. Gg Tonka....( intereception at the goaline was bogus)

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am

Cowboys go to Philly and get stomped! Score was closer than the game really was.

The Cowboys offense was inconsistent and too many turnovers by Romo. 4 int's to be exact! Defense was able to make some crucial stops and force the Eagles O to settle for FGs which allowed the game to remain somewhat within reach. After trailing 29-10, the Cowboys managed to crawl back into the game and with less than 2 minutes remaining took the ball and made it a 24-29 game. Unfortunately, the onside kick attempt was recovered by the Eagles and 1 kneeldown ended the game.

gg Boss

Bring on the Lions!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:31 am