PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

Smack Talk Board!!!

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Can you carry over an Online Franchise when they come out with Madden 11 or do you have to start over?
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:50 pm

make you drop all the 63's & 59's you have on your team lol

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Those guys should progress too though, I think as long as they're young they will continue to progress over time.

Also, you really don't see teams dropping their better players to make cap room very often, it would then take us off the "sim" course..
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:06 pm

you do see some better players being dropped though...i'm not saying to drop your best young players. I'm saying that something should be done to drop decent players so that free agency isn't boring. Good, older players get dropped all the time....Joey Porter, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Keith Brooking, Joey Galloway. Hell Albert Haynesworth & Stacy Andrews are extreme good players, but they were dropped to free agency. I'm not saying drop a 99 though. Derrick Ward, Phillip Buchanan, Chris Canty....they were pretty good players that were free agents, but they arent game changers necessarily.

& I dont know about the whole Madden 2011....maybe they will do something about that. It would be nice if they did

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Id rather free agency be boring then my actual team! Free agency is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things..
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:18 pm

lol i guess its just agree to disagree.....i think it is just part of building a team & it happens in real life so it makes it more "sim" if you look outside the box & at the whole grand scheme of things. But i am fine with whatever happens....dont care too much

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 pm

???, why can't we just say by 10PM of the Advance Day, if 1 of the 2 players does not hold his end of the deal as far as scheduling, they are temporarily booted from the league so that the responsive owner may play the computer?

Then, the unresponsive owner must then agree on here to not do it again, or be permanently removed from the franchise. Then reinstate them after you hear from them again.

Makes more sense to me..

You have to be able to prevent players from purposely missing games when they have a good chance at losing, for instance, if an 0-6 Colts team was going up against PapaH, he might purposely try to miss a game in order to see if the Sim might get him a win because he knows if he plays it he will lose.
john5153

Post  john5153 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:51 pm

your right but with 20+ owners its hard for the commish to really notice who doing that..... Its kinda bothersome...... tony's league is like that.... but since its low now, u can tell who is doing it or not......
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:12 am

Its a lot harder to do than you think cuz most people are on the PS3 often and just get their games done once their opponent signs in. Also I cant tell whos not active/active unless they dont really sign into PSN. Its tough running a league and tryin to keep EVERYONE happy! Some are upset that I waited till the next morning to advance just to try and help some people get their games in, others are unhappy cuz I advanced (eventhough it was after the scheduled time, you guys voted as a league to advance every fourth night, I said it was gonna happen regardless of how many games got simmed..If someone isnt on the PS3 for a couple days and we're about to advance I have no problem bootin them so you can play the cpu. on the other hand, if your opponent has been on, you just "missed" each other, it turns in to a he said, he said argument and it makes it impossible for me to decide whats what..therefor the game will be simmed..
john5153

Post  john5153 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:58 pm

well put hooli, its all good.... ima trying my best to put da other league back together because u in tony did an excellent job.. I know if i was to come into the league new... its seems well run.... so ima try to get everyone from this league to join the other league too! we had a crop of people that frankly wouldnt get on enough.... But with u and tony's help, we gonna get it done!

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:31 pm

Both players would be required to be ONLINE & RESPONSIVE at 10PM the night of the advance, if only 1 is, then boot the unresponsive one so they can play their game. It would be up to the other owner to keep you informed that he is the only one responsive, otherwise, just sim..
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:20 pm

you're doing a good job commish.....keep it up lol

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Simming sucks because it favors the better team on paper (which REALLY sucks if it happens to me). The Raiders & the Texans both got completely screwed over through that sim, both ended up with losses in games they would've probably won. I don't know if either was responsive but if they were they should have been allowed to play the computer before the switch.

I think having both teams be required to be online & active at 10PM the day of the Advance to play their game is a good idea, and if neither is, you sim the game.

For example, HTOWNFIRE is telling you he can't get something with BODANK scheduled, and BODANK is saying the same. Make them both be required to be online and playing by 10PM of the day of the advance. If only HTOWNFIRE is online at 10PM, boot BODANK to allow HTOWNFIRE to play the CPU. It will be up to the active member to inform you he is ready at 10PM. If you don't hear from either of them, sim the game.

This will also make it so its not really a big deal when someone misses a game, and missing games wouldn't necessarily warrant removal from the league if they are unavoidable and not routine. Simming is 100% unfair for a player who is ready to play.
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:08 pm

yeah john that other league is good too! im excited for the play offs and to check out what the offseason is like in online franchise too! def join if you guys are interested!!
john5153

Post  john5153 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:35 pm

i feel ya trips... but simple messaging could solve all that... if i cant make a game... ima tell the commish... see the problem is maturity....ima tell u something that happen to me.. me and htown was suppose to play but kept missing each other..... hooli simmed it i lost.. oh well, the problem is what people do afterward... they get mad and complain knowing they didnt do EVERYTHING in their power to play...... true owners gonna keep it moving

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:00 am

Yeah well if its Week 17 and you're tied for the Wildcard spot to get in the playoffs and your opponent doesn't show and you Sim a loss to knock you out of the playoffs you'd be thinking different Im sure..

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:04 am

I think we should also extend the Weeks that lie over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Most of us will be with family during this time and will have very little time to play, and seeing as it is a very important time in the season, I think its a big deal to do..
john5153

Post  john5153 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:12 am

POLL THAT ONE...u HAVE A GOOD POINT

Last edited by john5153 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:36 am

Poll what?

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:15 am

TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:Simming sucks because it favors the better team on paper (which REALLY sucks if it happens to me). The Raiders & the Texans both got completely screwed over through that sim, both ended up with losses in games they would've probably won. I don't know if either was responsive but if they were they should have been allowed to play the computer before the switch.

I think having both teams be required to be online & active at 10PM the day of the Advance to play their game is a good idea, and if neither is, you sim the game.

For example, HTOWNFIRE is telling you he can't get something with BODANK scheduled, and BODANK is saying the same. Make them both be required to be online and playing by 10PM of the day of the advance. If only HTOWNFIRE is online at 10PM, boot BODANK to allow HTOWNFIRE to play the CPU. It will be up to the active member to inform you he is ready at 10PM. If you don't hear from either of them, sim the game.

This will also make it so its not really a big deal when someone misses a game, and missing games wouldn't necessarily warrant removal from the league if they are unavoidable and not routine. Simming is 100% unfair for a player who is ready to play.

i like this idea somewhat, take me for example...i've messaged x_XjR_x (Falcons) on Thursday, which was first day of Week 7, while he was online and asked when he could play?? Guess what, i didnt get a response back from him after i told him we could play thursday night or i was free all day friday!! We have yet to play and i sent him another message last night making sure he knows that we advance on sunday night!! i'm going to be extremely pissed if this game is simulated and i lose especially after i sent him msg's while we were both online and i posted in scheduling thread when i could play but he hasnt posted there either!!

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:43 pm

Something absolutely has to be done about simming, I think most of us are on board with the 10PM rule..
john5153

Post  john5153 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:21 am

poll your 10 pm rule

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:31 am

sorry guys, but before there is a poll...our admin needs to agree to poll it and he needs to post the poll

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Commish hasn't been around too much lately, I have a couple great ideas that he hasn't responded to.. Sent him private messages and everything.. Maybe he needs help?

1. The 10PM rule for simming games.

2. Extend the Weeks that fall on Thxgiving, Christmas, & New Years.

3. Adding the standings to the top logo, and putting league leaders in the scrolling bar.

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:47 pm

tony87blue wrote:
TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:Simming sucks because it favors the better team on paper (which REALLY sucks if it happens to me). The Raiders & the Texans both got completely screwed over through that sim, both ended up with losses in games they would've probably won. I don't know if either was responsive but if they were they should have been allowed to play the computer before the switch.

i like this idea somewhat, take me for example...i've messaged x_XjR_x (Falcons) on Thursday, which was first day of Week 7, while he was online and asked when he could play?? Guess what, i didnt get a response back from him after i told him we could play thursday night or i was free all day friday!! We have yet to play and i sent him another message last night making sure he knows that we advance on sunday night!! i'm going to be extremely pissed if this game is simulated and i lose especially after i sent him msg's while we were both online and i posted in scheduling thread when i could play but he hasnt posted there either!!

Tony- Did Commish boot X_SJR_X for you? If so, don't you think that warrants implementing the 10PM rule now? I don't think people in here will want to see special treatment because you're an Admin..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:08 pm