PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

Smack Talk Board!!!

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:54 pm

i think we should just leave it the way it is. i know no salary cap is kinda dumb but its just alot of work to keep track of all the teams and players. and for releasing players i also disagree because im not going to build a good team and then have to dismantle them.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:59 pm

its not really dismantling a good team. Its kind of actually building a good team. I would like to see something to help the free agency period during the offseason, it keeps it more realistic and interesting, but that is just my opinion. I know its kind of a lot of work. I wont lose sleep over it either way.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:24 pm

I agree with Wally. I'd like to see my players through to the end. I don't like the idea of a salary cap..

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:26 pm

What exactly happens in the offseason? Is there a rookie class that comes in or does everything just stay the same?
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:39 pm

just like real nfl..older players retire, then draft class comes up..worst team picks first and champs pick last.

i think its a live draft as well so Ill try to pick a day most people can join in. if your unable to, your able to set up a list of people you want and the cpu will choose for you.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:52 pm

Thats cool. Yeah I think I'd rather just let retirement and the draft be it, salary cap sounds like too much work and I can also see it causing people to bust out of here like with the whole trade fiasco.

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:49 pm

NFC EAST DOWN! I just took down the entire NFC East to go 5-1, definitely a strong division. Watch your back, Denver (4-1)!
da303hooligan

Post  da303hooligan on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:51 pm

lol Im not scared..

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:53 pm

You better be! Sucks we don't play til Week 13, thats pretty crazy.

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:55 pm

Lets make the standings better on this site eh? I hate having to go to the other page to see the standings or stats, lets stick a non-scrolling standings at the top and maybe some league leader action too?

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Idea! What if you throw the AFC standings along the very left side of the top "MXL" logo, and the NFC standings on the very right of the top "MXL" logo.

Then, instead of scrolling standings where you have them now, scroll like the top 3 team logos at Passing (total yds), Rushing (total yds), Receiving (total yds), & Defense (pts allowed)
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:53 pm

i second that....love the idea
john5153

Post  john5153 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:22 am

but we still need something that would make the league actually "fun" in the offseason.... people cant be on here screaming "sim" but dont want to have to lose players due to "salary" issues... even if we dont implement a actuall salary cap. we need a more robust waiver system... that would make your free agent list more appealing... here is an idea:

Player Releases

After every season each team will be forced to release players. The players released will depend on your overall standing within the League. This system will provide parody to our League, while still giving us a solid crop of Free Agents for any given offseason.

The releases will go as follows:

8 division winners: release 3 players of 77+
4 wildcard teams: release 3 players of 74+
teams placed 13-22: release 2 players of 74+ and 1 player of 70+
teams placed 23-32: release 2 players of 70+

only thing i would like to add is a total point system that would allow for us to release a combination of ratings. (instead of straight 77 we could do a combo of a 90,65,86 or something like that... if we have a cap, the signings should take care of themselves. This will allow you to actually have to gm and build a team... do i keep the vet 82 overall player when i got a 2nd year 77 right behind him? Or maybe i got a 90 overall lineman that is really old but i got an 82 overall 3 year player that can jump in his spot. u could release him....
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:21 am

yeah i agree with you a hundred percent. that is something like I was wanting to do.

I know some other people dont like it though & they are afraid it will scare off other people bc of how complicated it could get. But doing something like this does make it more real life & more entertaining.

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:33 pm

I dont like that at all. How you finish should have nothing to do with what players remain on your roster.

I have the WORST team in the NFL and I probably will finish above most this year, so I can tell you right now that will be 100% not fair to me trying to build a good team.

If anything it should be based on the talent you currently have, and not how you played with, in my case, limited talent.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:44 pm

thats why you dont release the players that you like & you want to build around. Instead you release the people you dont need & maybe that is gold to others. It happens every year in the NFL....people have to release players to free agency b/c they cannot afford them or they arent happy

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:00 pm

Yeah but they do it in accordance to their salary cap which is in NO way depicted by how you finish the prior year..

My issue is basing off of how you finish the prior year, it should be based on the total overall of all of your players. The better the player, the more they cost typically. Letting someone like the Chargers further stack their team because they didn't have a good year makes no sense.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:21 pm

yeah that makes since...i am down for that. I am just down for anything that makes offseason more interesting

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:22 pm

I wish you could do practices with your exact roster you have on the franchise, that would be sick..

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:10 am

Anybody know how Player Progression works? Will the overall improve during the season or in the offseason mini-camp deals or both or neither?
john5153

waiver issue

Post  john5153 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:29 am

to answer your question on progression real quick, i really dont know... i would assume the same as offline. the young guys who are a potential going to go up by some points regardless... i think your play affects if it is 5 or 2 points though.

alright, for the rebuttal on the waiver system, sorry i cant go back and forth with you like i want because my labtop is still down and im in the library doing this lol... but we have to remember that we are trying to SIMULATE the nfl as close as possible. Since we dont have a salary cap, there isnt any way to fully get it correct. That being said in a perfect franchise we are all generally around the same talent. Couple that with everyone trying to play "sim" ball (i use it loosely, to each their own) games are even more decided by the ratings of the players. Lets take u for example tripsix, ima go out on a limb and say you out of the 30 players or so are top 5 with da chiefs. Lets say whoever is the steelers sucks (sorry steeler owner not picking on you swear) chiefs win da superbowl and the steelers go 6-10. Every team that we seen since free agent era loses starters from that superbowl team regardless of how actually good their team may have been. I do understand that we cant always award the weak, but that being said, this is one of the closest way to simulate the obstacles of building a team. Maybe with the waiver/pickup system we could have the top teams pick first of at least higher up on list so they can have at least a decent shot at decent free agents. And it goes to show that if you can pull it off with a weaker team, that others need help to stay up.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:34 pm

This is good to know, I was worried about this one, would kinda suck without it.

"Q: Do players progress during the 10 year online franchise or do their ratings always stay the same?

A: Yes, we have the full player progression system as offline franchise mode does. Rookies like Mark Sanchez and Aaron Curry progress in their ratings while the old vets like Zach Thomas and eventually Peyton Manning will decline in skills as they edge closer to retirement."

-from EA site

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:36 pm

I vote "No" on salary cap. I'd rather just let my players progress, pick up some good free agents, make a few trades, etc. Implementing a salary cap will be a nightmare, lets just wait until Madden puts it into the Online Franchise themselves..
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:38 pm

i just say you cant pick up good free agents if we dont do anything to have good free agents placed in the pool....so that is why I say we have to have some cuts at the end of the season somehow

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:44 pm

The draft? Won't that make you have to drop players to draft new players?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:15 pm