PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2

Smack Talk Board!!!

HTOWNFIRE

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:18 pm

TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:You have to be pretty bad at Madden to play 200 total games and still be a 4 rating lol, and as for my game plan, I let Madden call the plays bro..

Play 200 gms with your Chiefs and let's see what your record is... Oh, and play people that are decent. Don't play level 1's until you build up your level a bunch. That's probably how you got to where you are anyway. By the way, the majority of your games will come against teams rated mid 80's and up. I really don't give a **** about levels anyway, but i'm willing to bet if we looked at our last 10 opponents the ones I have played average a higher "level" than the ones you have played with the Pittsburg Steelers! Better yet, pick your Chiefs or a team around 75 and play me with the Texans, or this one time I will be a team thats rated 92 and play you. Let's just see what happens. Put your money where your big mouth is. You won't. Because your a coward. You say drop it, but everytime I look up you posted some trash talk! I love it! Talk is cheap though. Let's see if you have enough juevos to accept what I layed down right in front of your face! Maybe I'll be the Titans... Ravens... Patriots... San Diego... Don't come around talkin mess if you can't back it up little boy.
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:26 pm

TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:
northface28 wrote:
TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:
northface28 wrote:3rd Quarter, I was up 21-0 and picked him off and he quit. So I had to play the cpu which really inflated my stats. My only guess why he quit was that both teams were wearing white uniforms. Initially he went with Tampa Bays throwback orange jerseys and I selected Buffalo's white AFL jerseys, no problem. But he must have switched to the away jerseys somewhere in between for his team so we were both stuck wearing white uniforms. I was going to quit to start the game because this set up usually results in mass confusion for both players. However, I felt quitting would compromise the integrity of the league so I played it out. I really hope this isn't his excuse for quitting.

Thats BS, I hate that Madden allows you to wear dark uniforms as the Away team. When someone does that I just switch my uni's to White if Im home. Not an excuse for quitting tho, its not that big of a deal..

Which is what I did, he went with orange so I went with white. IMO, he should not have been putzing around with jerseys anyway. A new rule should be the home team picks his jerseys first and the away then follows. Also is it cheese if someone uses playbooks from another team? For example, if I use Buffalo am I relegated to Buffalo's playbook? I feel that I should be. The minute this user for Tampa Bay went in and got New Englands playbook I knew shenanigans were on the horizon.

Orange jersey is a home jersey so theres no issue there, you going with White countered it just fine.. I like the rule that Home team gets to choose jersey first, and opponent must wear opposite color (dark/white).

I dont think its cheese by using a playbook from another team. I've grown accustomed to one playbook on both Offense and Defense that are not team specific. I like to use playbooks from the better Offense & Defense of the prior season, I dont see the harm in that..

Sorry guys, I know its blasphemy that GASP! I dont use the Chiefs playbook, but once again, they are flawed, I dont like flaws.

I thought you just let Madden call the plays. Guess it's a good thing he's not calling them from a flawed playbook since you don't like flaw. Lol! guess it's a good thing you let Madden call plays since you don't like flaws...

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:30 pm

HTOWNFIRE wrote:
TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:
northface28 wrote:
TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:
northface28 wrote:3rd Quarter, I was up 21-0 and picked him off and he quit. So I had to play the cpu which really inflated my stats. My only guess why he quit was that both teams were wearing white uniforms. Initially he went with Tampa Bays throwback orange jerseys and I selected Buffalo's white AFL jerseys, no problem. But he must have switched to the away jerseys somewhere in between for his team so we were both stuck wearing white uniforms. I was going to quit to start the game because this set up usually results in mass confusion for both players. However, I felt quitting would compromise the integrity of the league so I played it out. I really hope this isn't his excuse for quitting.

Thats BS, I hate that Madden allows you to wear dark uniforms as the Away team. When someone does that I just switch my uni's to White if Im home. Not an excuse for quitting tho, its not that big of a deal..

Which is what I did, he went with orange so I went with white. IMO, he should not have been putzing around with jerseys anyway. A new rule should be the home team picks his jerseys first and the away then follows. Also is it cheese if someone uses playbooks from another team? For example, if I use Buffalo am I relegated to Buffalo's playbook? I feel that I should be. The minute this user for Tampa Bay went in and got New Englands playbook I knew shenanigans were on the horizon.

Orange jersey is a home jersey so theres no issue there, you going with White countered it just fine.. I like the rule that Home team gets to choose jersey first, and opponent must wear opposite color (dark/white).

I dont think its cheese by using a playbook from another team. I've grown accustomed to one playbook on both Offense and Defense that are not team specific. I like to use playbooks from the better Offense & Defense of the prior season, I dont see the harm in that..

Sorry guys, I know its blasphemy that GASP! I dont use the Chiefs playbook, but once again, they are flawed, I dont like flaws.

I thought you just let Madden call the plays. Guess it's a good thing he's not calling them from a flawed playbook since you don't like flaw. Lol! guess it's a good thing you let Madden call plays since you don't like flaws...

????????????????????????????????????????
HTOWNFIRE

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:39 pm

That's about what I expected from you when presented with a challenge. Lmao!!! What a joke!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:21 pm

You can use any playbook you want to.

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:38 am

How do you level up in Madden?

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:41 am

northface28 wrote:How do you level up in Madden?

You build up points by beating equal or better ranked players than you.

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:53 am

Anybody ever play someone who knows how to conveniently lag their connection during your FG attempts? Thats real fun. They set up in a FG Return when you're kicking FG's from the 10 yard line. :lol!:

I was down 3 as time was expiring with a FG opp and the dude lagged his system but for some reason this time he lost connection and I was able to beat the CPU in OT. Rubbed in his face completely after that. I wish there was a way to report that kind of stuff, thats garbage.

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:58 am

What if my opponent quits? Do I still get points? Thanks.

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:01 pm

northface28 wrote:What if my opponent quits? Do I still get points? Thanks.

When he quits you get the option to "Quit and Count Game", or "Continue VS CPU". Either of those will accumulate points, but you won't get a Win if you Quit and Count Game.

If you choose to "Quit and Dont Count Game" when he quits, you won't get points. I also don't think points apply in Online Franchise mode, your game results don't show up in the Online Stats..

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:53 pm

BxHeavyHita is a wasteman! He was throwing picks all over the place and i was taking them to the house! He needs kicking out cause hes a waste of time. I was 34-17 up after otogwe made a pick6 so he quit.

Waste of time! Take the packers off him!

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:27 pm

leehindmarch wrote:BxHeavyHita is a wasteman! He was throwing picks all over the place and i was taking them to the house! He needs kicking out cause hes a waste of time. I was 34-17 up after otogwe made a pick6 so he quit.

Waste of time! Take the packers off him!

Send the Admin a Private Message and let him know.

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:02 am

TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:
northface28 wrote:What if my opponent quits? Do I still get points? Thanks.

When he quits you get the option to "Quit and Count Game", or "Continue VS CPU". Either of those will accumulate points, but you won't get a Win if you Quit and Count Game.

If you choose to "Quit and Dont Count Game" when he quits, you won't get points. I also don't think points apply in Online Franchise mode, your game results don't show up in the Online Stats..
Franchise games don't count against your overall online record. You don't get any wins or loses and you don't level up either. It has to be a ranked game.

COWBOYS!!!

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:25 pm

Nice job Cowboys (tony87blue)! You knocked off the Donkeys (da303hooligan) to tie us for the division lead! (sorry commish Very Happy ) I pulled off a nailbiter against the Giants (fyahnuts) to win 36 to 33, one of the better games I've been a part of on Madden. I had 3 fumbles but Cassel kept me in it being 20 for 20 and 3 TD's. He almost came back to hit a FG but forgot he was out of timeouts on my 39 YD line and the clock ran out after a 4th Down conversion.

I think we play next week so hopefully you don't knock me down a peg too, Im gunnin for ya!

Cowboys lose!

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:17 am

Just finished a very nice game against the Cowboys (tony87blue). I was up 17-14 with 20 seconds before halftime and LJ busted out on a 79 YD TD run to end the half. Lots of big plays, ended up winning 38-28.

You better win, Denver, or Im on top of the AFC West!

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:56 pm

Baltimore is currently the only undefeated team left, I still say PapaH is a contender for the Super Bowl, but he'll have to get through me first.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:29 pm

ha ha yeah im gettin by. It'll be good to get a rematch against ya. See if you can redeem yourself. Don't go talkin too much smack now lol.

My last game had some awesome highlights that I could have loaded, but I couldnt get any good angles. I had an awesome interception return.....maybe the best i've ever had. And I had a fumble that would have been a touchdown....looked like he broke the plane but it didnt get overturned. Pretty fun game w/ great plays.

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:17 pm

I had one too, but unfortunately I got logged out of the Franchise Server like right before I clicked the Highlights option, was gonna post my 79 YD LJ run, he's been tearing it up for me this year.

I thank you for making me improve greatly with the Chiefs, after you beat me so bad I started practicing a bunch and figured out how to defend the blitz better. Can't believe I threw 7 picks against you lol, I haven't thrown a pick in my last 2 games.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:19 pm

ah very nice. My D has been pick crazy all year. Dawan landry has gone mad this year. Has 5 picks as a tteam this last week. D has been holdin it together

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:27 pm

Geez! Thats tight, you definitely know how to play D well. This league is a blast lol, never done a franchise before, lovin it
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 pm

yeah i've done like 20 or 30 it seems....they all fail. I'm in about 3 good ones now. This is by far the one I like the most. A lot of communication & it is well ran. Franchises are a blast if you get people that don't cheese & don't quit if they lose & stuff. This one is bad to the bone
admin

Post  admin on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:18 pm

PapaH25 wrote:yeah i've done like 20 or 30 it seems....they all fail. I'm in about 3 good ones now. This is by far the one I like the most. A lot of communication & it is well ran. Franchises are a blast if you get people that don't cheese & don't quit if they lose & stuff. This one is bad to the bone

Haha thanx for the compliment!! Its actually a lot tougher to run a league than I originally thought! I'm extremely lucky to have all you guys as owners for tons of reasons but mostly because some of you are actually helping run the league!

If we can establish some sort of salary cap to enforce that the end of this season before we head into the draft I will be looking for a team of "salary cap managers" that will have their names appear in a green color. I feel that if most of us have some sort of a responsibility even if its pretty minor, this league will continue to succeed and become even STRONGER than it already is! Feel free to post cap suggestions you feel would work well, and can be easily managed in the "salary cap" board..then we can vote on one the the league agrees on and start working on settin up a team to manage it for different conferences.

Thanks again to everyone who has worked to keep this league successful!!
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:31 pm

yeah i really like the salary cap idea. I will try to think of one. It will help keep things fair...especially for the people who struggle the first year

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Sounds confusing to me, how would you realistically do it? I'd rather just keep the rosters how they are, and this is someone with a TON of cap room this year talking.

Some teams have rosters that are currently way more expensive than others, so that would have to be figured out first and foremost.
PapaH25

Post  PapaH25 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:00 pm

The most common one i've heard of deals with how good your players are.

You give the teams a salary cap number....an example would be like 500 or something. then for every player that is a certain rating, they are worth a certain amount. Like players that are 100-93 are worth an x amount of points & people that are 93-86 are worth a lower x amount of points. this goes so on & so on. So you tally up your rosters that way. I dont know how the numbers or rating would work exactly, but that is an option ive heard of.

I've also heard of things to do in the offseason such as every team has to release a certain amount of players on their team. Some leagues do this by how good your record was the year before. Like the super bowl team has to release a player a certain rating, & for each team or class of teams(i.e 1st round playoff teams, 2nd round playoff teams, etc) they release a player a rating a little lower. They also have it to where you have to release a certain amount of players...like at least 2 or 3.

Then based off this, offseason free agency can work. Using the salary cap, the team that was last place gets first dibs on free agent players, but they can be out bid by other teams. So in free agency people use their remaining salary cap to try to outbid other teams to get players.

these are just things that I have heard....kinda rough draft lol.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:17 pm