PS4 Madden League

MXL members, about time you check up on forum, sign in!!

If you're not part of MXL yet, register and come join us!! Contact tony87blue via PM, sign-up thread, or on portal page in the chatbox!

Est. 2009

Log in

I forgot my password

MXL Quick Links

Latest topics

» Revis Position change
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm by Kog

» skins trade block
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm by kinghester

» Raiders/lions
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» MXL Tournament Madden 17
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 am by tony87blue

» Position Change
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am by ViperX24

» Lions Position Changes
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am by ViperX24

» Pats / Saints Trade
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Jets - Rams Trade
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm by Kog

» Vikings @panthers
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm by NCballa05

» Week 2 Cardinals vs Bucs Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm by tony87blue

» Week 2 Cowboys vs Redskins Infraction
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm by tony87blue

» Titans/Bears
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am by DaShaolinGambino

» Eagles-Rams Trade : VOID
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 am by tony87blue

» Madden 17 Smacktalk Board
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am by mjfutures

» Pats Opening Day Block
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:50 am by mjfutures

» Browns-Titans Trade : APPROVED
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Saints-Ravens Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm by Lil 0 nine

» Vikings-Steelers Trade : APPROVED
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm by DaShaolinGambino

» Pats Position Change
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm by ViperX24

» Raiders block
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am by optimus_prime_2


Smack Talk Board!!!

Share

Guest
Guest

Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:28 am

I think in light of my recent victory over the dreaded Raiders, we need to start a Smack Talk Board for those who wish to gloat a recent victory, talk some smack, or vent some frustrations. I took em out in Week 2 with a last 2nd FG as time expired to Win by 1 point. The game also included a 74 YD TD run by Larry Johnson, who had 184 of my 236 rushing yards on the day. I threw 3 picks, but managed to hold him to 1 for 7 on 3rd Downs, which ultimately won the game.



Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:47 am

CLASSIC

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:16 pm

HTOWNFIRE is a complete cheater! I played him in 2 pickup games (I beat him 42-17 the 1st game, 21-16 the 2nd game. He knows how to block the kick on FG's every single time, he has a little cheat he uses to sneak through the line thats impossible to stop. He did it to me 3 times in a row in the 2nd game. Watch out for him, if he does it once let the Commish know and he will be removed from the league!!!

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:48 pm

TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:HTOWNFIRE is a complete cheater! I played him in 2 pickup games (I beat him 42-17 the 1st game, 21-16 the 2nd game. He knows how to block the kick on FG's every single time, he has a little cheat he uses to sneak through the line thats impossible to stop. He did it to me 3 times in a row in the 2nd game. Watch out for him, if he does it once let the Commish know and he will be removed from the league!!!

not saying that he didnt do that to you and "cheated"...but i've played him twice and won first lost second!! he played straight ball...the only way i can think of a fg block is by running with return man to line of scrimmage as the screen starts up after you select play then if you immediately snap the ball and it allows em to crack thru line!! if you wait and snap the ball after a few seconds it wont happen!! like i said, i've played him twice and never had a problem!!!

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:51 pm

tony87blue wrote:
TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:HTOWNFIRE is a complete cheater! I played him in 2 pickup games (I beat him 42-17 the 1st game, 21-16 the 2nd game. He knows how to block the kick on FG's every single time, he has a little cheat he uses to sneak through the line thats impossible to stop. He did it to me 3 times in a row in the 2nd game. Watch out for him, if he does it once let the Commish know and he will be removed from the league!!!

not saying that he didnt do that to you and "cheated"...but i've played him twice and won first lost second!! he played straight ball...the only way i can think of a fg block is by running with return man to line of scrimmage as the screen starts up after you select play then if you immediately snap the ball and it allows em to crack thru line!! if you wait and snap the ball after a few seconds it wont happen!! like i said, i've played him twice and never had a problem!!!


Nope, he goes straight through the line, not around. Waiting doesn't matter, I did that. Its a glitch he has figured out. He maneuvers a LB back and forth to create a hole in the middle of the line, then sends his guy through and blocks it. Totally cheap. He only did it in the 2nd game when it was close, the 1st game was a complete blowout and I dont think I ever even tried a FG.

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:58 pm

well, i guess that if he does it in franchise then it will be a problem!! he did it outside to you but when i played em he didnt!! dont know...but if it does happen in franchise game hopefully his opponent will report it and admin can see your post as a warning that he knows what he's doing and then does it purposely in franchise game!! til then not much can be done...

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:06 am

tony87blue wrote:well, i guess that if he does it in franchise then it will be a problem!! he did it outside to you but when i played em he didnt!! dont know...but if it does happen in franchise game hopefully his opponent will report it and admin can see your post as a warning that he knows what he's doing and then does it purposely in franchise game!! til then not much can be done...


Oh whoever it happens to will report it lol, the 2nd game should've been completely out of reach but he kept blocking my FG's, I was still able to hold him off tho. Im telling people so they watch for it, and also hoping he sees that people are looking for it now.

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:41 am

You see the Chiefs picked up Leonard Pope today? I snagged him in Free Agency, one of the 1st guys I wanted. Pretty crazy.

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:20 pm

TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:HTOWNFIRE is a complete cheater! I played him in 2 pickup games (I beat him 42-17 the 1st game, 21-16 the 2nd game. He knows how to block the kick on FG's every single time, he has a little cheat he uses to sneak through the line thats impossible to stop. He did it to me 3 times in a row in the 2nd game. Watch out for him, if he does it once let the Commish know and he will be removed from the league!!!
I played him in the first week and didn't have any blocked field goals so unless it happens to someone else in the league evertything seems ok...although i have heard about the glitch b4 from a friend who lost cause of it...so i kno it is out there

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:18 pm

Crazytune180 wrote:
TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:HTOWNFIRE is a complete cheater! I played him in 2 pickup games (I beat him 42-17 the 1st game, 21-16 the 2nd game. He knows how to block the kick on FG's every single time, he has a little cheat he uses to sneak through the line thats impossible to stop. He did it to me 3 times in a row in the 2nd game. Watch out for him, if he does it once let the Commish know and he will be removed from the league!!!
I played him in the first week and didn't have any blocked field goals so unless it happens to someone else in the league evertything seems ok...although i have heard about the glitch b4 from a friend who lost cause of it...so i kno it is out there


I wouldn't just make it up out of nowhere lol. I still won both games too, not like I was making something up because I lost.. He was doing it.

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 pm

once again, calm down!!! no one has said you are making things up!!! as long as it dont happen inside franchise then it's not an issue!! lets move on with this topic also and if it were to happen during league game at least we now he's done it once and have proof against him!!!

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:26 pm

tony87blue wrote:once again, calm down!!! no one has said you are making things up!!! as long as it dont happen inside franchise then it's not an issue!! lets move on with this topic also and if it were to happen during league game at least we now he's done it once and have proof against him!!!


lol what about my demeanor makes you think that Im anything but calm? I don't understand where you get that from. Its for the better good of the league that we are aware of someone "glitch-b*tching"... This is the Smack Talk Board yo! lol

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:29 pm

TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:
tony87blue wrote:once again, calm down!!! no one has said you are making things up!!! as long as it dont happen inside franchise then it's not an issue!! lets move on with this topic also and if it were to happen during league game at least we now he's done it once and have proof against him!!!


lol what about my demeanor makes you think that Im anything but calm? I don't understand where you get that from. Its for the better good of the league that we are aware of someone "glitch-b*tching"... This is the Smack Talk Board yo! lol

I lost on a similar glitch in week one. 24-24, no time on the clock. Ted Ginn comes right through the middle untouched and blocks the FG sending the game to OT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFXatVHwW4

There's your proof that it exists. I don't want to see another blocked FG in this "sim" league.

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:33 pm

x_SjR_x wrote:
TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:
tony87blue wrote:once again, calm down!!! no one has said you are making things up!!! as long as it dont happen inside franchise then it's not an issue!! lets move on with this topic also and if it were to happen during league game at least we now he's done it once and have proof against him!!!


lol what about my demeanor makes you think that Im anything but calm? I don't understand where you get that from. Its for the better good of the league that we are aware of someone "glitch-b*tching"... This is the Smack Talk Board yo! lol

I lost on a similar glitch in week one. 24-24, no time on the clock. Ted Ginn comes right through the middle untouched and blocks the FG sending the game to OT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFXatVHwW4

There's your proof that it exists. I don't want to see another blocked FG in this "sim" league.


Nice post! Pretty sure he was doing a variation of the 1st one using a LB because he was able to come right through UNBLOCKED, I was so mad even though I won. I laid into him pretty hard about it, thats BS. If you have to cheat to try to win then why even play?
avatar
HTOWNFIRE

Posts : 199
Join date : 2009-09-16
Location : Houston

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  HTOWNFIRE on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:00 am

First, I am not a cheater. Second, I'm probably the straightest, sim player in this league. Tell me if anyone thinks this is "cheating?" My RE is Mario Williams, my MLB is Demeco Ryans. On FG block, I shift Mario inside one shift and when the ball is snapped I hold the right analog for him to rush outside freeing Ryans to run in the gap left open. I then take control of Ryans, sprint and hit triangle to jump and try and block the FG. It doesn't work all the time. I'd say he blocks it about P of the time. All it took was an understanding of basic football knowledge to figure this one out. Not a suprise you haven't Mr. trip whatever! Something that worked everytime would be a cheat. If anyone in this league feels different then please, by all means, I would love to hear feedback. I find it kind of funny that tripxxx or whatever runs around this forum running his mouth about anyone, being that this is a sim league and he runs %2 of his playbook. He did beat me. I used the Texans... He used the Steelers. The Steelers! Tied for the highest rating on the game! I even believe in his banter with the Cowboys owner, he made a point to say that the Chiefs and the Cowboys weren't equally matched teams and a game between them, he as the Chiefs and Tony as the Cowboys would be unfair? So... I take it you think the Steelers and the Texans are? If that is so, that would make you a hipocrate, among other things. You seem to believe that to be the case, coming on hear, posting scores, saying you won easily. BS! What a joke! You're a coward, a poser, too scared to play with the team you're is truly a fan of because, I don't know, you might not have a winning record? Some kind of insecurity that is only fulfilled by having people in an online gaming community recognize your achievements... Hence the thread your wanting to start, boasting about victories. I noticed you provided us with some highlights and stats their toolbag! Way to go Larry! Are you for real? I truly hope it works out so we can meet up in this league and you and your whiny, griping, complaining, loud mouth can be put in it's place! You won't have the Steelers #1 ranked defense to hide behind! No random, BS, phantom fumbles in Pittsburg! To anyone interested on a scouting report of his gm... He runs outside from the Big I set, either a sweep or a counter. Throws to the TE's out of Singleback Big, usually crossing patterns. He sprinkles in a couple of other plays, random WR passes, but that is %95 of his "sim" game! He'll probably try to say that's all he had to do to beat me and that he uses a wide variety of plays in his playbook... My ass! I've seen his type online for awhile. With him it's definatley the team that he uses that keeps him in games. Not his skill and certainly not his ability to call a wide variety of plays or come up with a strategy! I have the least amount of respect for people that use teams just to try and have recognition in a video game and don't use the team that they have been a fan of and followed their whole life! Truly, truly sad. By the way Mr. TRiple H! There is box scores that show individual stats and scoring summaries of each league game we play. Moron! There's your Smack Talk... Yo... Lol!!!

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:20 am

This is off topic, but I am waiting for a response from the Tampa Bay user as to why he quit in our game?

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:22 am

when did he quit?? what quarter?? what was score?? i noticed you won 42-0...

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:35 am

3rd Quarter, I was up 21-0 and picked him off and he quit. So I had to play the cpu which really inflated my stats. My only guess why he quit was that both teams were wearing white uniforms. Initially he went with Tampa Bays throwback orange jerseys and I selected Buffalo's white AFL jerseys, no problem. But he must have switched to the away jerseys somewhere in between for his team so we were both stuck wearing white uniforms. I was going to quit to start the game because this set up usually results in mass confusion for both players. However, I felt quitting would compromise the integrity of the league so I played it out. I really hope this isn't his excuse for quitting.

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:36 am

HTOWNFIRE wrote:First, I am not a cheater. Second, I'm probably the straightest, sim player in this league. Tell me if anyone thinks this is "cheating?" My RE is Mario Williams, my MLB is Demeco Ryans. On FG block, I shift Mario inside one shift and when the ball is snapped I hold the right analog for him to rush outside freeing Ryans to run in the gap left open. I then take control of Ryans, sprint and hit triangle to jump and try and block the FG. It doesn't work all the time. I'd say he blocks it about P of the time. All it took was an understanding of basic football knowledge to figure this one out. Not a suprise you haven't Mr. trip whatever! Something that worked everytime would be a cheat. If anyone in this league feels different then please, by all means, I would love to hear feedback. I find it kind of funny that tripxxx or whatever runs around this forum running his mouth about anyone, being that this is a sim league and he runs %2 of his playbook. He did beat me. I used the Texans... He used the Steelers. The Steelers! Tied for the highest rating on the game! I even believe in his banter with the Cowboys owner, he made a point to say that the Chiefs and the Cowboys weren't equally matched teams and a game between them, he as the Chiefs and Tony as the Cowboys would be unfair? So... I take it you think the Steelers and the Texans are? If that is so, that would make you a hipocrate, among other things. You seem to believe that to be the case, coming on hear, posting scores, saying you won easily. BS! What a joke! You're a coward, a poser, too scared to play with the team you're is truly a fan of because, I don't know, you might not have a winning record? Some kind of insecurity that is only fulfilled by having people in an online gaming community recognize your achievements... Hence the thread your wanting to start, boasting about victories. I noticed you provided us with some highlights and stats their toolbag! Way to go Larry! Are you for real? I truly hope it works out so we can meet up in this league and you and your whiny, griping, complaining, loud mouth can be put in it's place! You won't have the Steelers #1 ranked defense to hide behind! No random, BS, phantom fumbles in Pittsburg! To anyone interested on a scouting report of his gm... He runs outside from the Big I set, either a sweep or a counter. Throws to the TE's out of Singleback Big, usually crossing patterns. He sprinkles in a couple of other plays, random WR passes, but that is %95 of his "sim" game! He'll probably try to say that's all he had to do to beat me and that he uses a wide variety of plays in his playbook... My ass! I've seen his type online for awhile. With him it's definatley the team that he uses that keeps him in games. Not his skill and certainly not his ability to call a wide variety of plays or come up with a strategy! I have the least amount of respect for people that use teams just to try and have recognition in a video game and don't use the team that they have been a fan of and followed their whole life! Truly, truly sad. By the way Mr. TRiple H! There is box scores that show individual stats and scoring summaries of each league game we play. Moron! There's your Smack Talk... Yo... Lol!!!


lol get a life dude. Its been 2 days and you won't shut up about this. Give it a rest, I didn't tell you to play with the Texans.. I don't want to hear anymore excuses, and yes, you were cheating on the FG block. Unrealistic glitch, in real life that guy would never get through the line. Basic football knowledge, HA! You just wrote pretty much a books length of excuse.

Lets take the facts into account. Your online record? 100-100, your ranking? FOUR! 4! I've played half the amount of games you have with a winning record and an EIGHT! 8! Rating. Give it up man.

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am

northface28 wrote:3rd Quarter, I was up 21-0 and picked him off and he quit. So I had to play the cpu which really inflated my stats. My only guess why he quit was that both teams were wearing white uniforms. Initially he went with Tampa Bays throwback orange jerseys and I selected Buffalo's white AFL jerseys, no problem. But he must have switched to the away jerseys somewhere in between for his team so we were both stuck wearing white uniforms. I was going to quit to start the game because this set up usually results in mass confusion for both players. However, I felt quitting would compromise the integrity of the league so I played it out. I really hope this isn't his excuse for quitting.


Thats BS, I hate that Madden allows you to wear dark uniforms as the Away team. When someone does that I just switch my uni's to White if Im home. Not an excuse for quitting tho, its not that big of a deal..

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:44 am

You have to be pretty bad at Madden to play 200 total games and still be a 4 rating lol, and as for my game plan, I let Madden call the plays bro..

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 am

trips, all i have to say to you is karma is gonna suck for you!! i dont want to see you post anything about "oh i have the chiefs" when you lose games because "no one told him to pick texans" when you had the steelers!!!

also, i understand this is "smack talk" board BUT my 33-12 record and level 10 dont mean crap when you are playing opponents that play sim ball!!! contrary to what you may say/think, htownfire plays sim ball...i know, i've played him twice!!! when we played we had similar records and level but the only reason your win looked so lopsided was because of those 3 consecutive turnovers after you made it 17-7 with 3 mins left!!!

htownfire is defending himself after your name calling, so once again calm down!!! you started it, we acknowledged it, he defended himself and i'm ending this issue!! i've talked to him about it, it wont happen from him during a franchise game and thats where it's gonna end!! THIS IS YOUR WARNING...

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:48 am

tony87blue wrote:trips, all i have to say to you is karma is gonna suck for you!! i dont want to see you post anything about "oh i have the chiefs" when you lose games because "no one told him to pick texans" when you had the steelers!!!

also, i understand this is "smack talk" board BUT my 33-12 record and level 10 dont mean crap when you are playing opponents that play sim ball!!! contrary to what you may say/think, htownfire plays sim ball...i know, i've played him twice!!! when we played we had similar records and level but the only reason your win looked so lopsided was because of those 3 consecutive turnovers after you made it 17-7 with 3 mins left!!!

htownfire is defending himself after your name calling, so once again calm down!!! you started it, we acknowledged it, he defended himself and i'm ending this issue!! i've talked to him about it, it wont happen from him during a franchise game and thats where it's gonna end!! THIS IS YOUR WARNING...


So Im not allowed to defend myself after his 4 pages of insults? It doesn't bother me, obviously he's having fun with it. This is the Smack Talk Board! You can't limit the Smack Talk!?

Why would I play with a crappy team? That makes no sense if you're trying to win.. I dont get off on playing with crappy teams when I have the ability to choose good teams.. I dont have "team pride" while playing video games Online, sorry guys lol

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:52 am

TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:
northface28 wrote:3rd Quarter, I was up 21-0 and picked him off and he quit. So I had to play the cpu which really inflated my stats. My only guess why he quit was that both teams were wearing white uniforms. Initially he went with Tampa Bays throwback orange jerseys and I selected Buffalo's white AFL jerseys, no problem. But he must have switched to the away jerseys somewhere in between for his team so we were both stuck wearing white uniforms. I was going to quit to start the game because this set up usually results in mass confusion for both players. However, I felt quitting would compromise the integrity of the league so I played it out. I really hope this isn't his excuse for quitting.


Thats BS, I hate that Madden allows you to wear dark uniforms as the Away team. When someone does that I just switch my uni's to White if Im home. Not an excuse for quitting tho, its not that big of a deal..

Which is what I did, he went with orange so I went with white. IMO, he should not have been putzing around with jerseys anyway. A new rule should be the home team picks his jerseys first and the away then follows. Also is it cheese if someone uses playbooks from another team? For example, if I use Buffalo am I relegated to Buffalo's playbook? I feel that I should be. The minute this user for Tampa Bay went in and got New Englands playbook I knew shenanigans were on the horizon.

Guest
Guest

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:55 am

northface28 wrote:
TRIPSIXRECORDS wrote:
northface28 wrote:3rd Quarter, I was up 21-0 and picked him off and he quit. So I had to play the cpu which really inflated my stats. My only guess why he quit was that both teams were wearing white uniforms. Initially he went with Tampa Bays throwback orange jerseys and I selected Buffalo's white AFL jerseys, no problem. But he must have switched to the away jerseys somewhere in between for his team so we were both stuck wearing white uniforms. I was going to quit to start the game because this set up usually results in mass confusion for both players. However, I felt quitting would compromise the integrity of the league so I played it out. I really hope this isn't his excuse for quitting.


Thats BS, I hate that Madden allows you to wear dark uniforms as the Away team. When someone does that I just switch my uni's to White if Im home. Not an excuse for quitting tho, its not that big of a deal..

Which is what I did, he went with orange so I went with white. IMO, he should not have been putzing around with jerseys anyway. A new rule should be the home team picks his jerseys first and the away then follows. Also is it cheese if someone uses playbooks from another team? For example, if I use Buffalo am I relegated to Buffalo's playbook? I feel that I should be. The minute this user for Tampa Bay went in and got New Englands playbook I knew shenanigans were on the horizon.


Orange jersey is a home jersey so theres no issue there, you going with White countered it just fine.. I like the rule that Home team gets to choose jersey first, and opponent must wear opposite color (dark/white).

I dont think its cheese by using a playbook from another team. I've grown accustomed to one playbook on both Offense and Defense that are not team specific. I like to use playbooks from the better Offense & Defense of the prior season, I dont see the harm in that..

Sorry guys, I know its blasphemy that GASP! I dont use the Chiefs playbook, but once again, they are flawed, I dont like flaws.

Sponsored content

Re: Smack Talk Board!!!

Post  Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:06 pm